Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kostov

Standard Lindelof for the goal, but next time anyone mentions his passing needs a telling off, dreadful passer, Smalling can pick up a better long range pass than Lindelof.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Refuse to believe we'd of shipped 6 to Spurs had he been in the team, that's not to say the Lindelof + Maguire is good enough because it's obviously not but breaking up their partnership was surely one of the factors in that shitshow against Spurs

sugar_kane

Standard Lindelof for the goal, but next time anyone mentions his passing needs a telling off, dreadful passer, Smalling can pick up a better long range pass than Lindelof.
Not sure I agree, he was playing some lovely passes out from the back through the middle yesterday

Refuse to believe we'd of shipped 6 to Spurs had he been in the team, that's not to say the Lindelof + Maguire is good enough because it's obviously not but breaking up their partnership was surely one of the factors in that shitshow against Spurs
Agreed on this, Ole behaves like a fan sometimes when he makes decisions like the Bailly one. Seems he might have learnt his lesson now.

Lindelöf has faults but his biggest attribute his that he has a cool head and (the odd recent calamity aside) is an intelligent player.

Kostov

Not sure I agree, he was playing some lovely passes out from the back through the middle yesterday
Maybe I failed to remember those passes but couple of tries were appalling and nowhere near. All I remember were short passes to Maguire or someone closest to him.

Red_toad

Had nothing to do and did it well. Hopefully we play lots of toothless teams for the entire season.

Craig Ward

only caught the highlights this week and lindelof still managed to look car crash. Wilson had it easy against him.

Maguires in poor form and has flaws, but Lindelof is abysmal. Spineless defender

Bwuk

Massive game for him tomorrow, needs to step up and lead the defence now.

A-man

pressure is on. He needs to have a massive game if we are to stand a chance of getting anything from this game.
Think more or less every player needs to have a massive match if are to stand a chance. At least PSG like to play a lot on the ground which could suit Lindeof and Bailly a little better. But it’ll be a tough one for a new pairing.
Edit now I realise also Bailly is out.

Absolutely marshalled an imperious defence tonight. You could see - and hear - him organising us the entire 90 minutes. Fantastic throughout.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Axel will get a lot of praise... And deservedly so... But this was Victor's best game for a long time. Very very good.

Sanchez7

Usually very critical of him but a great performance today. He always seems to do well in Europe.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He was the general in defence. It was a question about how Maguire needs quicker partner. It is quite opposite as it seems.

Revan

Assumptionman
Absolutely marshalled an imperious defence tonight. You could see - and hear - him organising us the entire 90 minutes. Fantastic throughout.
He has been organizing our defense since forever. He is the only vocal player in our defense and is always telling Maguire and especially AWB what to do.

BainthaBrakk

He has been organizing our defense since forever. He is the only vocal player in our defense and is always telling Maguire and especially AWB what to do.
This is most definitely true. Very good tonight.

OverratedOpinion

Bloody excellent tonight, I am one of his biggest critics but that was a huge performance against top opposition.

Ekeke

Looked far less vulnerable in the middle of a back 3. Think Tuanzebe and Shaw's pace either side of him helped too

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I slag him off when he's cak so I gotta praise him when he's on it. Well done Victor.

Ekeke

Thought he played very well, PSG’s front 3 did very little.
While true they didnt play up against the CBs for most of the game. Neymar was playing deep from the wing against AWB and the midfielders and Mbappe had some runs in behind that Tuanzebe dealt with. When Kean came on they finally had a forward to play right up against

kiristao

He was always there when any crosses came in and martialed the defense very well. Can't just be the change in formation as even after Telles went off we still looked good defensively.
Could do with the fact that our CM Fred had an excellent game

MagooDad

He was great when playing with Smalling, and great today with Axel. One of Maguire and Lindelöf has to be benched - they are similar players and can't play well together.

snowkarl

So when are his haters going to apologize? He was incredible today, when spared Maguire and Bailly's poor positioning/lack of pace/dumb or rash tackles.

Status
Not open for further replies.