Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

CloneMC16

His worst performance of the season. He was awful. He's mostly been good, but that was tragic.

Superunknown

He's been one of my favourite players this season, but I thought he played very poorly. He was off his game in virtually every way. It was really quite bad.

hobbers

Spineless and lazy as usual.

He makes a couple good forward passes and it almost makes me want to like him. But nah he should have no business at this club beyond maybe being 4th choice.

united for life

He is an average player. No high expectations from him. Playing next to maguire only makes him worse

L1nk

Spineless and lazy as usual.

He makes a couple good forward passes and it almost makes me want to like him. But nah he should have no business at this club beyond maybe being 4th choice.
"Spineless and lazy as usual" Despite the fact he's been one of, if not our best defender for most of the season. Perhaps look at why all of a sudden he turns to shit when he has to play with such shit as Magure and AWB, that's probably your real answer

A-man

Poor especially in first half but has been good this season so I’m not worried when it comes to him.

Sylar

Absolutely disgraceful for city second goal
Fine he missed the header, but fecking run back. Infuriating

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Poor but him and Maguire didn't stand a chance with what surrounded them. It's easy to cruise on the halfway line like City centre backs with the rest of the players working their arse off.

Siviz

Supports
Swansea
Pathetic performance, just like the team in general.

hobbers

"Spineless and lazy as usual" Despite the fact he's been one of, if not our best defender for most of the season. Perhaps look at why all of a sudden he turns to shit when he has to play with such shit as Magure and AWB, that's probably your real answer
No he's just been the least shit and not had Varane's injury problems.

Most players would look like a half decent CB next to Slabhead.

Again and again Lindelof has shown he isn't a solid defender. He's weak, he doesn't compete, he doesn't win 50/50s, he switches off regularly.

RedIan

Had a shocker, can forgive mistakes and poor defending but when he lost the ball (3rd goal) he just stood and watched rather than chase back. pathetic.

TheMitz

Had a shocker, can forgive mistakes and poor defending but when he lost the ball (3rd goal) he just stood and watched rather than chase back. pathetic.
That's what hurts, players who don't show commitment. So many in this team whose heart isn't fully in it.

Sylar

That's what hurts, players who don't show commitment. So many in this team whose heart isn't fully in it.
And you see city having seven sprint back against one player when the game is done just compounds it

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
If I had my way I’d put him and maguire out to graze somewhere. Never seen such a pair of donkeys as a CB partnership at United in my lifetime

TheMitz

And you see city having seven sprint back against one player when the game is done just compounds it
You could see it all over the pitch, City giving it everything out players jogging back. Lindelofs lack of effort led to a goal which just emphasised it.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Most players would look like a half decent CB next to Slabhead.
But that's the thing, Maguire usually looks better than Lindelof when playing together. Think of last season when the narrative was "we need to get Harry a CB partner". Linda has been better than Maguire playing next to Varane.

I honestly think Maguire somehow confuses the feck out of Vic.

hobbers

But that's the thing, Maguire usually looks better than Lindelof when playing together. Think of last season when the narrative was "we need to get Harry a CB partner". Linda has been better than Maguire playing next to Varane.

I honestly think Maguire somehow confuses the feck out of Vic.
Yeah Maguire being on the pitch is absolutely ruinous to Lindelof and to Shaw. Whatever you think about Lindelof and Shaw, they are at their worst alongside Maguire.

Varane is a cultured player and a serial winner, even when he's far from his best. So playing alongside him instead of Maguire must be like a totally new world for everyone, full backs and midfielders included.

Ekeke

One of the worst games you'll see from a CB

0 tackles, 0 interceptions, 1 block, 1 foul, 0 aerials won, got his challenge wrong for De Bruyne's 2nd goal and was then lazy and didnt track back to help out

Played the most passes of our team and didnt lose it much, thats his sum total of 90 mins of football

Should be dropped. The bench might be too good for him after that one, give a youngster his spot

Denis79

Can't wait for him and Maguire to leave, worst CB pairing I have seen in my 35 years supporting the club. Yes, Smalling and Jones were miles better than these two clowns.

Oldtraffordboy

Went charging out for their 1st goal too.

If he stays in position he blocks the cut back.

He's just a very limited player, and if Varane can't stay fit I'd say we need 2 CBs rather than 1 as a priority.

Abraxas

A proper 1/10 display. I think you get that rating as soon as that De Bruyne goal goes in with that type of reaction. Getting done is one thing but then not to have the pride to at least look like redeeming yourself was an absolute embarrassment.

Mickson

Getting criticized a lot in the Swedish media for being dull and having a difficult time answering the Qatar questions. Doesn't act like a captain on the pitch, doesn't act like a captain off the pitch.

Mickson

What are these questions?
What he thinks about that many fans want to boycott the World Cup for example. He's having a dispute with the media as well. Earlier, he refused to talk to them, now he fired a shot saying "will you boycott the world cup if we go there?". Sweden is a very politically correct country and they almost exclusively ask him and the coach Janne Andersson about Qatar and he's not handling that very well. They asked him a lot about Ronaldo earlier too (rape allegations) and he got really annoyed, but he got criticized then as well for not giving a straight answer about what he thought (there I could understand him because he can only lose, either he says Ronaldo should be in court, and well, obviously he can't, or he says that rape isn't such a big deal).

Getting criticized a lot in the Swedish media for being dull and having a difficult time answering the Qatar questions. Doesn't act like a captain on the pitch, doesn't act like a captain off the pitch.
Literally said "I'm not an expert or even well educated on the situation in Qatar."

Personally, that's far more palatable than the routine of "Y'know, having watched a few YouTube videos I'm something of an epidemiologist. Have you heard of Ivermectin?"... "Oh the epidemiolgy thing? Not interested in that anymore. Now I'm an expert on Eastern European politics"

The very modern trend of everyone pretending to have a searing hot, well informed take on literally every subject is really silly.

Mickson

Literally said "I'm not an expert or even well educated on the situation in Qatar."

Personally, that's far more palatable than the routine of "Y'know, having watched a few YouTube videos I'm something of an epidemiologist. Have you heard of Ivermectin?"... "Oh the epidemiolgy thing? Not interested in that anymore. Now I'm an expert on Eastern European politics"

The very modern trend of everyone pretending to have a searing hot, well informed take on literally every subject is really silly.
Yeah, I can think that's fair enough saying you don't know, but I don't think that's really acceptable from the Swedish population from a captain.

RedDevil@84

What he thinks about that many fans want to boycott the World Cup for example. He's having a dispute with the media as well. Earlier, he refused to talk to them, now he fired a shot saying "will you boycott the world cup if we go there?". Sweden is a very politically correct country and they almost exclusively ask him and the coach Janne Andersson about Qatar and he's not handling that very well. They asked him a lot about Ronaldo earlier too (rape allegations) and he got really annoyed, but he got criticized then as well for not giving a straight answer about what he thought (there I could understand him because he can only lose, either he says Ronaldo should be in court, and well, obviously he can't, or he says that rape isn't such a big deal).
Damn!! That's harsh.

In general, I don't think players/coaches should be forced about answering Qatar questions. The WC has been decided and if their NT is playing, they play

Foxbatt

They should have asked him why is he playing in England when they have illegally invaded Iraq?

What has Lindelof got to do with Qatar if the Swedish FA is going there?

Status
Not open for further replies.