Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

poleglass red

word coming out now suggests this potential deal is dead, I hope so, I just hope this isn't some negotiation tactic employed by us with the media links saying it's off. I've never been so uninspired by any transfer deal than I have with this man. Not that he's a bad player, he is actually decent with the potential to become good, but nowhere near the price we were rumoured to be paying( is anyone these days?). I've made a point to actually watch some of his games of late, honestly if we were paying 5-10 million quid for him I still wouldn't be getting excited. The other thing is, he is nowhere near ready enough to come and start in our first 11 yet so I don't understand the rush, if there ever one was to get him in for Jan. If Jose really wants him, go back at end of the season and get him.

word coming out now suggests this potential deal is dead, I hope so, I just hope this isn't some negotiation tactic employed by us with the media links saying it's off. I've never been so uninspired by any transfer deal than I have with this man. Not that he's a bad player, he is actually decent with the potential to become good, but nowhere near the price we were rumoured to be paying( is anyone these days?). I've made a point to actually watch some of his games of late, honestly if we were paying 5-10 million quid for him I still wouldn't be getting excited. The other thing is, he is nowhere near ready enough to come and start in our first 11 yet so I don't understand the rush, if there ever one was to get him in for Jan. If Jose really wants him, go back at end of the season and get him.
Agreed that the price really did seem insane considering what we paid for Bailly just this summer.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
That was meant to be euros but still, the point stands. He wouldn't be worth what he would cost considering the likelihood of declining so close to his 30s. IMO €100m is pretty accurate to what it would take for Bayern to sell, which they have no need or desire to. They are short on quality at CB positions if anything, why sell one of their best players?

He is in the top 4 CBs in the world. See how much Otamendi, Mangala and Stones cost City. Highly rated CBs are difficult to acquire without paying way over their value. Boateng is one of the best around and twice the player of the aforementioned City transfers.
I am sorry but this is just wrong. He would cost at best 40-50 million.

United Pro

I am sorry but this is just wrong. He would cost at best 40-50 million.
I think it's more the case that Bayern simply wouldn't sell Boateng. The only potential reason they would is if they received an offer that was simply stupid. So an offer of about 40-50m would just be rejected imo.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I have to admit that I've never seen this guy play but at the moment I don't think CB is the priority it once was - after all we've got this new bloke called Jones (who kidnapped the original and how much ransom are they asking?)

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
This says we have an option to buy in the summer:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/fo...Lindelof-Manchester-United-City-transfer-news

Foreign source:

http://www.ojogo.pt/futebol/1a-liga...uardiola-na-corrida-por-lindelof-5695511.html

Google translate:

Manchester United have a right of first refusal, but City, on the advice of the Spanish coach, is now following the Swedish central

Very close to moving in January to Manchester United, Lindelof ended up staying in the Light, but it already warms up the summer market. The red devils, according to THE GAME, found a right of first refusal, but the list of interested clubs continues to increase, with Jose Mourinho's team now facing the Manchester City competition. The Italian press, which recently announced the interest of Juventus in the player, revealed yesterday that the team led by Pep Guardiola is also in the race for the Swedish international, and it was the Spanish coach himself to give indications to follow closely the situation of the 14 benfiquista jersey . In addition to rivals Manchester and Juventus, also Inter, Roma, PSG and Real Madrid follow the 22 year old defender.

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
How fecking stupid can a man get? Signs a contract until 2021 when Man United is reportedly wanting you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You sign a new deal with a small time club in south of europe in an irrelevant league with irrelevant players??? Are you mad? Are you fecking serious? That decision alone makes me so happy we didn't sign him. What an absolute cretin.

ManUchosenbosslvg

Supports
Manchester reds
I can understand his commitment to them. They appear to be making steady progress and have a good chance of progressing against Dortmund. He'll still be around when we're established as a big club again.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
How fecking stupid can a man get? Signs a contract until 2021 when Man United is reportedly wanting you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You sign a new deal with a small time club in south of europe in an irrelevant league with irrelevant players??? Are you mad? Are you fecking serious? That decision alone makes me so happy we didn't sign him. What an absolute cretin.
:houllier:

C'est Moi Cantona

Or maybe unlike all of us he knows the likely truth, the truth that our interest was only fleeting, and that we will be looking elsewhere in the summer, so it's best he gets as good a deal as he can with his current employers.

prtk0811

Man utds transfer shambles continues if we don't get him. How can he allowed to sign a new contract?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Man utds transfer shambles continues if we don't get him. How can he allowed to sign a new contract?
We might not have been seriously after him. We might have had a slight interest as could be the case with a number of players. We might have been used for this lad to get a better contract.

Jaybomb

Couldn't care less if we don't get him. I honestly think Bailly and Rojo together is good enough. Unless we manage to land Pique or Chiellini or something like that.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Unless your agent has had talks off the record with United and the deal is all sewed up with a nice release clause that both parties are happy with...

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Wait, a player that was very agressively linked with United in the media despite the seeming lack of any actual movement from the club to buy said player, has renewed his contract with the club he was at to begin with?!!

Shocking. I'm sure nothing like this has ever happened before. Absolutely shocking development :yawn:

Last edited:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
It's Portugal, hence there is a buyout clause. If United want him and he wants United there is a clear path to get it done. He probably just got more expensive, but United has the money.

PoTMS

All contracts do these day is add an extra £5-£10m on the transfer price tag. If he's actually that good, then he'll be worth spending £50m on him. It's not exactly like we're short on cash or anything. Having said that, last thing we need is a John Stones in our ranks.

United Pro

All contracts do these day is add an extra £5-£10m on the transfer price tag. If he's actually that good, then he'll be worth spending £50m on him. It's not exactly like we're short on cash or anything. Having said that, last thing we need is a John Stones in our ranks.
But I think it's more the point that if Lindelof really wanted to come here, he wouldn't have signed a new contract that increases his release clause by a fair bit.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

:houllier:

Or maybe we're looking at another centre back who'll not cost as much and is a better player?

Status
Not open for further replies.