Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracture90

He had a 30 million buyout clause in his old contact that could be triggered only in the summer.

Don't think we ever wanted him, better and more proven options are out there.

Think entire UTD connection was made up by his agent and Benfica, like previous 80 players we were interested in that played for them.

RC89

Man utds transfer shambles continues if we don't get him. How can he allowed to sign a new contract?
Maybe we decided we didn't want him for the quoted price? Or only sounded him out for a future purchase in the first place?

Kostur

海尔的老板
How fecking stupid can a man get? Signs a contract until 2021 when Man United is reportedly wanting you?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! You sign a new deal with a small time club in south of europe in an irrelevant league with irrelevant players??? Are you mad? Are you fecking serious? That decision alone makes me so happy we didn't sign him. What an absolute cretin.

Just wtf is this picture? JacksonLindelöf looks like a digital person from FIFA 15.

Either way, congratulations you big moron. You've just said hello to any sort of glory in your career. Honestly, even a guy like me wouldn't want to play as a professional in China Portugal. They can keep on buying as many players as they want. The minute they arrive they become irrelevant. America's been doing the same thing since the early 90's and their league is still as uninteresting and irrelevant as ever. They don't care about the sport and it won't make a difference how many random average "stars" you buy or how many semi retired dorks you manage to lure over with your BUCKS. fecking franchise is a laughing stock and erodes pretty much the only thing you shouldn't touch. Just watch 20 000 fans show up for a division 2 game with not a star player within a million miles. Do you think they'd show up if you'd change the team logo to a dragon and renamed them? Go kill yourself.

It's SHIT Shit And BULLSHIT!! You cannot BUY your way to an interesting league. No one cares about the league - not one fecking bit. It's all down to culture within a country - and I don't care how many fans are there either. Your league is SHIT and it STINKS SHIT. You can buy as many freaking pubs as you like - no one will want to go there. Just stay within your own business and let your money roll and stay the hell away from football you big morons. It could have been pretty much anything as long as there's something in it for you. The way you go about things only shows how little you understand.

And Jackson Lindelöf - you're an absolute zero today. You had enough money but you wanted MORE. Absolutely gutted for your fans. They must be so disappointed seeing you hide away in ChinaPortugal. And don't believe for a second we're impressed by this move. You're only embarrassing.
SuccesfulTM

Last edited:

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Man utds transfer shambles continues if we don't get him. How can he allowed to sign a new contract?
You've obviously not heard of agents planting stories to get better deals for their clients. United, Barca, and Bayern have been interested in this player if press stories to be believed. I suppose going by your logic all three clubs transfer policies are shambles

prtk0811

I suppose going by your logic all three clubs transfer policies are shambles
I am sorry but our transfer policy has been shambles for 4 years since woodward now, So has barcelona's recently.Next thing you know bayern munich will snap him up before us very silently and effectively.

We have missed strootman KDB Lukaku kante mane matic alexis sancehez renato sanches kane delli ali Virgil van dyk top talents where others teams have scouted better and got them before us leaving us struggling for quality and balance all over. Victor lindelof is a superb ball playing defender and a great defensive talent with clinical tackling abilities, he is a talent when paired with bailly will make us a defensive force again. missing him will be similar to us missing kante or mane.

Fracture90

He has vidic like qualities and is a super ball playing defender.

We will regret not getting him. Better? like whom?
Dude you have really high opinion for a player that's only played around 40 games for Benfica first team in a league that isn't amongst top5 European leagues.

De Vrij from Lazio, Manolas from Roma, Van Dijk from Saints, Laporte from Athletic Bilbao, Koulibaly from Napoli to name a few.

Some less known but still talented are Lemos from Las Palmas, Musacchio from Villareal etc.

prtk0811

Dude you have really high opinion for a player that's only played around 40 games for Benfica first team in a league that isn't amongst top5 European leagues.

De Vrij from Lazio, Manolas from Roma, Van Dijk from Saints, Laporte from Athletic Bilbao, Koulibaly from Napoli to name a few.

Some less known but still talented are Lemos from Las Palmas, Musacchio from Villareal etc.
We got Vidic from spartak moscow in a 7 m deal, when no top club was even aware of his superb qualities and russian league is also not considered among top 5 certainly. That is a level of scouting we are missing since fergie era and other clubs are mugging us for our desperation and that's why were are here now, lindelof was scouted way before we even got rojo but our cleverness in the market is missing now. DE Vrij Manolas Laporte Koulibaly are defenately not better options than Lindelof. Similar with Van Dijk We are not scouting properly and even Van Dijk is quoted 50 m now and certainly have more competition for him.

Lindelof is a real deal. We must get him because he suits our philosophy very well.

Fracture90

We got Vidic from spartak moscow in a 7 m deal, when no top club was even aware of his superb qualities and russian league is also not considered among top 5 certainly. That is a level of scouting we are missing since fergie era and other clubs are mugging us for our desperation and that's why were are here now, lindelof was scouted way before we even got rojo but our cleverness in the market is missing now. DE Vrij Manolas Laporte Koulibaly are defenately not better options than Lindelof. Similar with Van Dijk We are not scouting properly and even Van Dijk is quoted 50 m now and certainly have more competition for him.

Lindelof is a real deal. We must get him because he suits our philosophy very well.
Well it doesn't mean that every less known CB we get will end up being Vidić.

In your opinion Lindelof is the best we can get, whilst I respect your opinion I don't think the same.

All of the above that I've listed are by many considered to be better CB's than Lindelof. All of them are certainly more proven.

EDIT: Also having 2 CB's that are under 24 years of age with extremely limited experience in EPL and experience in general isn't good IMO. You always need an experienced one next to youth.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I am sorry but our transfer policy has been shambles for 4 years since woodward now, So has barcelona's recently.Next thing you know bayern munich will snap him up before us very silently and effectively.

We have missed strootman KDB Lukaku kante mane matic alexis sancehez renato sanches kane delli ali Virgil van dyk top talents where others teams have scouted better and got them before us leaving us struggling for quality and balance all over. Victor lindelof is a superb ball playing defender and a great defensive talent with clinical tackling abilities, he is a talent when paired with bailly will make us a defensive force again. missing him will be similar to us missing kante or mane.
I have no idea if he's any good. I don't happen to watch Portuguese league. Anyway, we don't have a divine right to sign players you have in your post.

We do sign class players despite having a "shambles transfer policy": De Gea, Martial, Pogba, Zlatan, Micki, Mata, Bailly, Herrera...

Last edited:

Ban

Our transfer policy has been shambles cause we haven't signed those players? All right..
You watch Benfica regulary?
Also, try to use capital letters.

buckooo1978

tells you

a) he's not interested in us

b) we're not interested in him

c) a and b

another blessing in disguise lol?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
42 pages, blimey. Egghead Castles was wrong again on this one, eh? Pretty sure he was hellbent that we would sign him in January.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Might there be a reasonable buy-out clause? Not particularly enamoured with him and I didn't bother clicking on the kink but there you go.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
He seems to be the type of CB we need and is at a good age. But, this is probably just a case of us being constantly linked with Benfica players.

United Pro

Might there be a reasonable buy-out clause? Not particularly enamoured with him and I didn't bother clicking on the kink but there you go.
€60m, so no. Lindelof is a very complete CB though, who can defend, bring the ball out of defence and is a good passer of the ball. I'd take him here, but Benfica will try to rinse us.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
€60m, so no. Lindelof is a very complete CB though, who can defend, bring the ball out of defence and is a good passer of the ball. I'd take him here, but Benfica will try to rinse us.
Oh right, cheers! Yeah feck that then, I'm sure Jose will find an equally talented alternative for better value. Our transfer strategy attacker wise is my only real concern tbh, definsively Jose will sort everything out.

cheeky_backheel

The kid has got talent and would be an upgrade over our CBs (except Bailly), but not for the ridiculous amounts being rumored.

Nate Dogg

Don't Make Me Angry
The reports are back in full force.

There are claims this morning that United has agreed terms with Lindelof.

One thing is certain, we need to get some new defenders. What I like about Lindelof is his versatility. He has been brilliant this season playing as a full back or even defensive midfielder a few times.

http://soccerisma.com/2017/05/rumor-man-utd-have-agreed-terms-with-e59million-star-not-rodriguez/
I've been watching him since he has been strongly linked with us and i have been very impressed, what is striking about him is his composure and calmness and that is exactly what we need.

Zoo

The reports are back in full force.

There are claims this morning that United has agreed terms with Lindelof.

One thing is certain, we need to get some new defenders. What I like about Lindelof is his versatility. He has been brilliant this season playing as a full back or even defensive midfielder a few times.

http://soccerisma.com/2017/05/rumor-man-utd-have-agreed-terms-with-e59million-star-not-rodriguez/
As per the latest rumors going on in the media (Daily Star via The Gambling Times), United have already reached a deal with the versatile center half by agreeing personal terms of the contract.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
42 pages, blimey. Egghead Castles was wrong again on this one, eh? Pretty sure he was hellbent that we would sign him in January.
The emergence of Rojo actually being decent was what put it off really. Since his injury though we've gone back to square one.

Bwuk

He looks intimidating, Rojo looks intimidating, Bailly looks intimidating. Smalling and Jones look like the nice guy who lives next door and would lend you his lawn mower.
Phil Jones would mow over the wire on his lawn mower and be out for the season if he had to do it.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I must say that I've been very impressed with Lindelöf the few times I've seen him.

Robertd0803

At this point Im almost past getting excited about who we sign as long as whoever we sign improves the team.

If we are signing him its going to be a very messy transfer considering he only signed a new deal 5 minutes ago.

TJSF

Supports
Benfica
Tough season for him. Last year, he entered a team that was already made and fitted in nicely. He played with Jardel who has the pace to play high. This season he had to be the centre-back with pace and ball skills alongside Luisão who is outpaced by a every single player. He made some mistakes, can remember against Sporting, Besiktas, probably some others. I wouldn't trust his heading abilities in the Premier League.

Red4Life_#7

He looks intimidating, Rojo looks intimidating, Bailly looks intimidating. Smalling and Jones look like the nice guy who lives next door and would lend you his lawn mower.
That's rubbish. Rojo doesn't look any more intimating than Smalling. Rojo looks like a ladies man, a sweet talker. But he does have a no nonsense mentality.
The only defenders who look intimating and no nonsense are Valencia and Bailly, even backed up in our last Europa League match (even if it was stupid and naive).

Status
Not open for further replies.