Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

STaphouse

Supports
Reading
Lindelof is worse than what you already have and is worse than Keane, without the added bonus of being home-grown.

Some of you lot just want to sign anyone :D

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
We get liked to their players like mad but have we ever bought a player from them?
There's only one thing worse than being an English tabloid hack: being a Portuguese tabloid hack.

At least the English ones will get something right every now and then. The Portuguese ones have to convince everyone who watches these guys every week that this is remotely possible and nothing ever happens. Such a pointless exercise.

Murray3007

It's clutching at straws a bit to use a bogus story to justify another transfer
who said its Bogus, could say that about any transfer until it actually happens, who even no's if we are looking at keane?

CM

who said its Bogus, could say that about any transfer until it actually happens, who even no's if we are looking at keane?
The Portuguese press have linked us to countless Benfica players over the last few years and not one of them has materialised. It isn't much of a trick anymore.

The Keane story could turn out to be false as well (and I hope it is) but I have more confidence in the journalists reporting that story than the ones who have written this one.

prtk0811

The Portuguese press have linked us to countless Benfica players over the last few years and not one of them has materialised. It isn't much of a trick anymore.

The Keane story could turn out to be false as well (and I hope it is) but I have more confidence in the journalists reporting that story than the ones who have written this one.
It does not mean it will never materializ, benfica has had some great talents, and have it still. Even the cafe coverted bernardo silva was a benfica product.

CM

It does not mean it will never materializ, benfica has had some great talents, and have it still. Even the cafe coverted bernardo silva was a benfica product.
Of course not, but the article isn't remotely believable either and nobody else is running the story. I'd give it about as much credence as The Sun's world exclusive we were signing Neymar last summer.

prtk0811

Of course not, but the article isn't remotely believable either and nobody else is running the story. I'd give it about as much credence as The Sun's world exclusive we were signing Neymar last summer.
No one wrote about MKH or bailly last season until we got them, Papers havevery little clue when it comes to united's buisness.

flappyjay

Garay and Gaitan joined us countless times

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Sounds like we're definitely interested in him. Multiple sources have linked us to him now.

Inter Yer Nan

Assuming that's not bollocks, of those three Van Dijk is the safest bet but he'd cost around 50m, Keane would be around 18m (sell on %), Lindelof not sure how much and hasn't played in PL. Realistically Bailly and Rojo (when he's back) is a good pairing and our general defensive organization is good so there may not be a huge difference in which one we sign IMO. I don't think it's than extra 15-20% that a Griezmann brings to our team just a more reliable and dependable option than Jones or Smalling or Blind.

cheeky_backheel

Assuming that's not bollocks, of those three Van Dijk is the safest bet but he'd cost around 50m, Keane would be around 18m (sell on %), Lindelof not sure how much and hasn't played in PL. Realistically Bailly and Rojo (when he's back) is a good pairing and our general defensive organization is good so there may not be a huge difference in which one we sign IMO. I don't think it's than extra 15-20% that a Griezmann brings to our team just a more reliable and dependable option than Jones or Smalling or Blind.
Van Dijk is the riskiest - oldest, most expensive, and coming off a major injury.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
None of those with the exception of Van Dijk screams Champions league to me...
I rate Lindelof the highest out of them three. van Dijk looked brilliant earlier on in the season but lately I've not been that impressed with him and he would probably cost us around £30M. Keane would be a good back up option and I think if he does join then either Jones or Smalling will go.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Isn't he called the Ice-Man, or something? That sort of nickname alongside that passing stat seems to suggest he has a bit about him in terms of composure and ability on the ball at least.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Isn't he called the Ice-Man, or something? That sort of nickname alongside that passing stat seems to suggest he has a bit about him in terms of composure and ability on the ball at least.

Hojoon

Two fantastic players. Whoever ends up buying them secures 2 young talents for years to come

Ederson is the best GK I've ever seen at Benfica, even more so than Oblak

Lindelof is definitely one of the best CB's too, maybe the most complete
How highly do you rate Lindelof? I've barely seen any Benfica matches this season but from the couple of CL matches I did he didn't really impress me.

prtk0811

I think we will sign lindelof, a super ball playing defender, and great in the air, his tackling skills are very clean yet agressive.

EyeInTheSky

I rate Lindelof the highest out of them three. van Dijk looked brilliant earlier on in the season but lately I've not been that impressed with him and he would probably cost us around £30M. Keane would be a good back up option and I think if he does join then either Jones or Smalling will go.
Get both of the feckers need the cover for our net spate of ACl injuries

Alabaster Codify7

Van Dijk would be my choice but I agree that he's also the riskiest. You know what you're getting with Keane (sadly, that's a bog-standard reasonably good English CB of which we already have two men who that bill), Lindelof is also a bit risky.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
You should cos both were from same southampton and were overrated.
Shaw wasn't overrated. He was showing the Southampton form pre injury and clearly has confidence issues since. Schneiderlin played in an inflexible LVG system which completely limited his game and didn't receive chances thereafter. Even Herrera was a Spanish Tom Cleverly under LVG so it's really not a fair statement.

But, my point is still that van Dijk isn't Shaw or Schneiderlin. Just because two transfers didn't materialise as we planned (thus far), it doesn't mean we just assume Lindelof is better than a player whose arguably the best CB in the league.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Not worth the bother, can't see how this is still an option.

Jaybomb

Didn't he sign a new contract and intentionally bump the price tag up?

If so, feck him. He blew his chance.

Obiorahking_

With our injury history I understand the need for another CB. I think we are all making the assumption that he would automatically start here.

Status
Not open for further replies.