Victor Lindelöf

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
So you're telling me that couple is only used for 2?
Give it up, you're making a prat out of yourself now. You've posted back in a thread after 4 days to continue a petty arguement, I think we filled this thread with enough of your nonsense. I won't bother replying again.

Fracture90

Give it up, you're making a prat out of yourself now. I think we filled this thread with enough of your nonsense. I won't bother replying again.
Give up what? I was really under the impression that couple is like few, meaning it can be anything above 1 but not to wild above. If i knew couple is strictly used for number 2 i would have said few instead.

Why wouldn't i just have said 2 than? Fejsa and Živković play for Benfica and because of that i often watch their games, and i watched more than 4 games obviously, that's what i meant when i said couple in Primeira and couple in CL.

I absolutely don't give a flying fart what you believe or don't tbh, truth is i watched Benfica lately due to Serbian players playing there and i just used a wrong term to describe how many.

Last edited:

ElQuesoGrande

This signing seems pointless to me, but I guess there's no reason not to trust Mourinho's signings.
We've been lucky with Rojo and Jones fitness so far this season so having back-up makes sense, but I don't think it's a pivotal area for a new signing. Makes a mockery of his comments on Tuanazbe as well.

Ekeke

So we're really paying more than we paid for Bailly?

I'm surprised Mourinho is happy to pay so much for an on the ball skills defender, especially consider we have one of the best in Blind already.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This signing seems pointless to me, but I guess there's no reason not to trust Mourinho's signings.
We've been lucky with Rojo and Jones fitness so far this season so having back-up makes sense, but I don't think it's a pivotal area for a new signing. Makes a mockery of his comments on Tuanazbe as well.
I think a couple of our current first team cb's will be sold in the summer and Tuanzebe will get his chance.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Giving him number 2 while actively pursuing a deal for a RB?

ROFLUTION

I'm surprised Mourinho is happy to pay so much for an on the ball skills defender, especially consider we have one of the best in Blind already.
Does make sense though. If Carrick is to retire/be faded out, we need other ways to carry the ball forwards / hit forward passes. Right now Jones and Rojo sort of just gives it to Carrick and he redistributes the ball.

Edit: And he's physical, which Blind is not. So a combination of Jones and Blind maybe.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves

As good as Blind has adapted, he is still a liability in defence. Was awful in the first half yesterday defence wise. He reads the game brilliantly, but we were lucky to not concede a goal or 2 in that spell after the 11th minute. Physicality in a defender is needed, and that is unfortunately Blinds biggest weakness. For some reason Anichebe went to the opposite flank second half and gave Blind a reprieve.

AndyJ1985

Blind isn't a defender. He's small and weak. Mourinho was never going to favour such a player at CB.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Lindelof is not much better in the air than Blind, actually.
In the air isn't the issue as much (well personally for Blind, for the squad it means Fellaini comes in for any aerial bombardment). It's Blinds inability to contain a physical attacker. He gets outmuscled too easily, that spell yesterday showed what can happen, he gets rolled too easily when the ball is played say chest height and above. Lindelof has the frame for that at least, and a good 2 or 3 inches taller. Nothing else worries me about Blind bar that - but for a centre back it is too big a concern.

Ekeke

As good as Blind has adapted, he is still a liability in defence. Was awful in the first half yesterday defence wise. He reads the game brilliantly, but we were lucky to not concede a goal or 2 in that spell after the 11th minute. Physicality in a defender is needed, and that is unfortunately Blinds biggest weakness. For some reason Anichebe went to the opposite flank second half and gave Blind a reprieve.
Few ball playing CBs look anywhere near as good when used as a fullback. Blind isnt perfect, and neither will this guy be. However Blind allows us to build from the back, which is also the strength of Lindelof. Do not expect him to come in and improve us defensively.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
From what I've seen he's a left sided cb and as good as Rojo has been I think he should be a back up for a club spring to the level we want to reach. I assume either Jones or Smalling will be leaving but there is no need for 5 international level cb's.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
From what I've seen he's a left sided cb and as good as Rojo has been I think he should be a back up for a club spring to the level we want to reach. I assume either Jones or Smalling will be leaving but there is no need for 5 international level cb's.
The way Jones is playing it won't be him.

JaffyJoe

Provides RedCafe with shit Twitter news
The way Jones is playing it won't be him.
Yeah I think it's Smalling too. I've always seen Jones as the superior talent. Just need him to have an injury free season and kick on from there. he's still 'only 24'

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Excited for Lindelof but moreso Semedo, hopefully he follows

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Smalling was one of our best players last season. Just because of injuries and not having a consistent run of games, I'm not sure how he's become a lesser defender than Jones and Rojo. Granted he's not blessed with ball playing skills.

Last edited:

OzKangarooney

Just can't get into this transfer, he could potentially just end up a 4th/5th choice CB, would much rather get that Semedo one wrapped up, i don't feel we really need a CB too much, and if we were to get one i was expecting a more seasoned player tbh

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Not excited about this. Why are we buying this guy for a crazy fee of €45m? :confused:

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I trust Jose to make the right choice with the squad. Even letting go of players the fans still feel have a lot to offer and keeping (fellaini) others around that may not. All of his signings have improved our play markedly and we'd been bad for quite some time. It's a new era. Let's see where the manager takes us!

I think this signing could rotate at cb-rb and possibly even dm for the rest of the season. He might barely even play for the first few months, who knows? If the manager wants him here then that's good enough for me. You can never have too many good players in form. We haven't had that problem in a long time!

Litch

I'm guessing there will be players defensive players going in the summer. I think maybe the upturn of some players form has can't the management out a little. TBH whilst some are playing well, it's whether in joses opinion these new signings can perform better....?

Brophs

The One and Only
Smalling was one of our best players last season. Just because of injuries and not having a consistent run of games, I'm not sure how he's become a lesser defender than Jones and Rojo. Granted he's not blessed with ball playing skills.
He was good for a period last season but, tbf, that was when we were playing very safe, defensive football that offered a lot of protection to the back four. As soon as we opened up a bit he went back to being what we've seen from him most of his time here: very good at times, but also occasionally a nervous wreck who seems to struggle badly under pressure. I certainly wouldn't sell him, but I think it's unlikely he's going to be a really top centre half, so bringing in some decent competition wouldn't be a bad thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.