Victor Mugabe Wanyama

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Neviller

brilliant

i always have reservations when we are linked with africans and south americans. call it racism or what ever you want but the majority of african / south american footballers tend to be greedy, tell the press how they adore united / barca / real, agent driven, poor attitude, try when they feel like it and another major one.......there always going to the african cup of nations / copa america / olympics / confederations cup etc etc and you can basically right them off after and international weekend coz they get back late friday from a 12 hour flight.
Yeah, those greedy Africans. They're even on the TV sometimes, begging for money for food and to be taught how to fish, when they already have fat bellies.

cnuts.

ben_foster

On Loan to Watford
haha i did specify "african and south american FOOTBALLERS".....to be fair at least there all quite honest about it. drogba in particular came out and and said "im going to the highest bidder" as has eto

RedThaiDevils#7

Married with Manchester United, In love with Giggs
Gives a very Essienesque feeling about his player. Lots of power, strength though his technique isn't polished or anything, but his physique alone can do a lot of damage, not to mention his headers are just like how Essien started off in Lyon, a powerhouse MF getting onto the scoresheet often with headers ( And yes Essien dropped to CB and was still scoring those headers ). Not saying that he's the second coming of Essien because still for me he could turn out to be a Djemba Djemba, but I still think his attributes are what we don't currently have in the squad.

Would be worth the gamble for me at the price, kind of a cheaper alternative to Owen Hargreaves, though Hargreaves's passing + crossing + experience was a bit better at the time we got him at 25-26.... Wanyama's only 21 and hopefully he can get better and better.

Him and Vidic in the box with RVP crosses is mouth watering :devil:

Wittmann45

haha i did specify "african and south american FOOTBALLERS".....to be fair at least there all quite honest about it. drogba in particular came out and and said "im going to the highest bidder" as has eto
This is a problem with most footballers, not just the ones you've mentioned. Ronaldo likened his situation at United, a club he suddenly loves again because he wants a better contract with Real, to slavery

Cevno

This is a problem with most footballers, not just the ones you've mentioned. Ronaldo likened his situation at United, a club he suddenly loves again because he wants a better contract with Real, to slavery
Ronaldo didn't. That twat Blatter did.

OGkush

Hey man, got any papers?
sorry but when exactly has Ronaldo stopped loving United?
anytime there's any mention of United (and it happens quite often) he only says great things about the club, the fans, the players, the manager and mentions how he loves/respects and owes United.

on topic: did not know Wanyama was a United fan, just makes him that much more desirable as a possible transfer target.

would've wanted him here regardless of that fact, but it's just a really nice addition to it all :)
if only we could get his signature

Ekeke

How good a barometer is the Scottish League, though?

Against Barca it was all hands to the pump, backs against the wall defending.

How well suited is he to the pace and speed with which United normally play?
We have no idea whatsoever.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
We have no idea whatsoever.
True. Games against Motherwell and Kilmarnock aren't a good measure. Barcelona games were special because Celtic barely reached 30% possession in them and you could only judge midfielders by how they closed down the opposition, the offensive side of their game was non-existent. Celtic's victory was historic but for them it was the most important game of their season, for Barcelona it was just one of the games and not a particularly important one as they were already leading the group comfortably with 3 wins.

Ekeke

True. Games against Motherwell and Kilmarnock aren't a good measure. Barcelona games were special because Celtic barely reached 30% possession in them and you could only judge midfielders by how they closed down the opposition, the offensive side of their game was non-existent. Celtic's victory was historic but for them it was the most important game of their season, for Barcelona it was just one of the games and not a particularly important one as they were already leading the group comfortably with 3 wins.
Yeah exactly. I remember Lassana Diarra being a boss in midfield against Barcelona once or twice, he passed the ball around a lot more and his team were more in the game. Not too many were impressed on here.

Until we see him passing the ball around as much as a United midfielder does and putting in lots of tackles in a more even game that doesnt focus on players of that type, we dont know how good he is. But its best not to just assume that that if he played an extra 20 passes he wouldnt have lost the ball multiple times or that he'd have played just as well if Celtic had half the ball in the match because... You know, we're making stuff up.

At the same time it doesnt mean he cant do those things. Just that we havent seen it, so we should wait till we do before assuming he will do them.

Wittmann45

anytime there's any mention of United (and it happens quite often) he only says great things about the club, the fans, the players, the manager and mentions how he loves/respects and owes United.
I'm just saying Ronaldo brings up his love when its convenient to him. He wants a new contract, oh, he loves United and wants to come back. At times its tough to not think that he plays United fans like a fiddle

My point was that saying that only South American or African players are greedy is ridiculous, especially when viewing our own club and the predominently European player base. We have loyal players like Scholes who doesn't even have an agent, and then we had/have players like Ronaldo and Rooney

Wittmann45

Ronaldo didn't. That twat Blatter did.
Yes, Blatter said that modern day players are like slaves, but Ronaldo came out soon after and agreed with him.

In response to Blatter, Ronaldo said "I agree with the statement of the president, he is right." That is, indirectly or not, likening his situation at United to that of a slave

gza the genius

Even if he is a purely defensive player with limited passing I think he would be useful to have. With the way we are trying to play with mobile players like Cleverley, Kagawa, Anderson, and the forwards usually dropping deep he doesn't necessarily need a wide range of passing to be very effective. It would obviously be better used in a midfield 3 but partnering him with someone mobile like Cleverley or Anderson could also work relatively well. Not to mention he's only 21, so even if that side of his game isn't great right now he has plenty of time to improve.

Sarni

Yeah exactly. I remember Lassana Diarra being a boss in midfield against Barcelona once or twice, he passed the ball around a lot more and his team were more in the game. Not too many were impressed on here.

Until we see him passing the ball around as much as a United midfielder does and putting in lots of tackles in a more even game that doesnt focus on players of that type, we dont know how good he is. But its best not to just assume that that if he played an extra 20 passes he wouldnt have lost the ball multiple times or that he'd have played just as well if Celtic had half the ball in the match because... You know, we're making stuff up.

At the same time it doesnt mean he cant do those things. Just that we havent seen it, so we should wait till we do before assuming he will do them.
He's only been at Celtic for six months, I think he should stay another 1 or 2 seasons before making a move and it may be better for him if he moves to a solid mid-table side in a strong league where he gets to play football on a regular basis instead of jumping straight into one of the big guns. Ki was excellent for Celtic yet he hasn't exactly set the world alight at Swansea so far, admittedly Laudrup is taking his time adapting him into that team.

Will Absolute

He loved us so much that he had to leave.

That's like a girl telling her boyfriend "Yes, I shag all these other guys because they're so attractive. But it's you I really love."

The Neviller

He's only been at Celtic for six months, I think he should stay another 1 or 2 seasons before making a move and it may be better for him if he moves to a solid mid-table side in a strong league where he gets to play football on a regular basis instead of jumping straight into one of the big guns. Ki was excellent for Celtic yet he hasn't exactly set the world alight at Swansea so far, admittedly Laudrup is taking his time adapting him into that team.
He's been there a year and a half. He joined them in the summer of 2011.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Let me get this straight; It doesn't matter what he does in the SPL and it doesn't really matter what he did v Barcelona because they apparently weren't trying or because they dominated possession? He isn't Xavi guys. If you're wanting to see if he can complete 400 passes in a row then dream on. He's a decent passer though his technical game is improving every week. Massive strides have been made in his game since the start of the season.

For what it's worth, if you want to see how he is with the ball why don't you just look at his performances in the SPL? It may be a shit league but the midfielder's are just hatchet man who'll look to foul at every single opportunity so it's not exactly a stroll in the park either. It's still tough. His performances away to Spartak Moscow and at home to Benfica are also irrelevant I assume, because, well... they just are.

Wanyama's been here for almost 2 full seasons now. He signed in the summer of 2011 I think. To be fair, I liked Ki but he was like 4th choice centre mid here due to the style Lennon likes in the middle of the park. I think he'll do well at Swansea and wish we'd kept him.

gza the genius

So what do you think of his passing and potential in general Pink Moon. I haven't watched any SPL games and only briefly saw him in the Champions League.

Sarni

I was somehow under impression he'd only moved there last Summer. :lol:

Ekeke

Let me get this straight; It doesn't matter what he does in the SPL and it doesn't really matter what he did v Barcelona because they apparently weren't trying or because they dominated possession? He isn't Xavi guys. If you're wanting to see if he can complete 40
Not for us then

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
So what do you think of his passing and potential in general Pink Moon. I haven't watched any SPL games and only briefly saw him in the Champions League.
His passing is decent. Nothing special but has improved an awful lot since the start of this season. His potential in general is frightening. It's hard to believe he's just 21 at times. Reads the game well, great tackler, players just bounce off him, chips in with goals and is versatile.

Ekeke

In what way is his potential frightening? Is he suddenly going to turn into Yaya Toure or something?

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I dont think De Jong has ever been described as a frightning player before
De Jong's a glorified butcher. Wanyama's strength just eases players out of the way and starts attacks for his own team. He isn't in the team to foul and break up the play, he just strolls through the games.

De Jong isn't a youngster who's got loads of potential either.

Dante

Average bang
Speaking of Yaya, what's his stamina like? Does Wanyama huff and puff through the last 20 minutes of games?

Sarni

I dont think De Jong has ever been described as a frightning player before
He definitely frightens a lot of players with his clumsy and dangerous tackling.

Sarni

Let me get this straight; It doesn't matter what he does in the SPL and it doesn't really matter what he did v Barcelona because they apparently weren't trying or because they dominated possession? He isn't Xavi guys. If you're wanting to see if he can complete 400 passes in a row then dream on. He's a decent passer though his technical game is improving every week. Massive strides have been made in his game since the start of the season.

For what it's worth, if you want to see how he is with the ball why don't you just look at his performances in the SPL? It may be a shit league but the midfielder's are just hatchet man who'll look to foul at every single opportunity so it's not exactly a stroll in the park either. It's still tough. His performances away to Spartak Moscow and at home to Benfica are also irrelevant I assume, because, well... they just are.

Wanyama's been here for almost 2 full seasons now. He signed in the summer of 2011 I think. To be fair, I liked Ki but he was like 4th choice centre mid here due to the style Lennon likes in the middle of the park. I think he'll do well at Swansea and wish we'd kept him.
I thought he only joined you in the Summer, probably because I didn't follow Celtic last year (you weren't in CL and went out quickly in EL).

SPL is a very poor measure, there are midfielders in Polish top division who are passing the ball around as if they were Xavi - none of them would get into any PL side and most would struggle in the Championship.

I didn't see Celtic in CL apart from the Barcelona victory.

Cevno

Jelavic did pretty well for Everton last season coming from SPL. Who are the other guys who have come to the Prem recently from there ?

MDFC Manager

Gives a very Essienesque feeling about his player. Lots of power, strength though his technique isn't polished or anything, but his physique alone can do a lot of damage, not to mention his headers are just like how Essien started off in Lyon, a powerhouse MF getting onto the scoresheet often with headers ( And yes Essien dropped to CB and was still scoring those headers ). Not saying that he's the second coming of Essien because still for me he could turn out to be a Djemba Djemba, but I still think his attributes are what we don't currently have in the squad.
Where the feck is Essien these days?!

Ekeke

De Jong's a glorified butcher. Wanyama's strength just eases players out of the way and starts attacks for his own team. He isn't in the team to foul and break up the play, he just strolls through the games.

De Jong isn't a youngster who's got loads of potential either.
So he's Papa Bouba Diop instead?

Status
Not open for further replies.