Victor Osimhen - £74m Napoli Signing

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Bizarre from all sides, this :lol:

Didn’t he just sign a renewal in the summer, along with Kvicha?
Was in negotiation but don't think it's signed. As far as I'm aware it still runs out in 2025.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
What's overblown about his reaction?
Mocking his penalty miss is weird for sure but the account makes fun of Elmas and Mario Rui too on occasion. Plus a few others.

The coconut apparently was never posted on the account.

Laurencio

I know we don't have the money, but we really should be in for him. He's a great striker with a lot of potential and every physcial attribute you need to be a success in this league.

Laurencio

So how does that even work?
We let them use our tik-tok account and pay them in tik-tok interactions, a packet of crisps and a box of fine cigars we stole from the Glazer's directors box - they won't notice, they are never there.

Mike Smalling

Apparently Napoli posted two videos on their Tik Tok:

This is the kind of stuff that would appeal to a 12 year old. 'Bizarre' is the only world that really comes to mind.

Also, am I missing something or is the coconut thing just blatantly racist?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
This is the kind of stuff that would appeal to a 12 year old. 'Bizarre' is the only world that really comes to mind.

Also, am I missing something or is the coconut thing just blatantly racist?
The coconut thing wasn’t posted by Napoli apparently but there’s contradicting reports. Seemingly someone’s made it and attributed it to the mess currently. But yeah, it’s pretty messed up by whoever made it

Last edited:

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Was in negotiation but don't think it's signed. As far as I'm aware it still runs out in 2025.
Aargh, thanks sullyd. Thought i read something about a renewal etc. After this stunt/fallout, plus the new manager etc...i can't see him renewing. Still, it'll be a pain dealing with de Laurentis but at least his contract is running out in a couple of years.

Alcio77

Not signed yet, there is distance on the value of the release clause. AdL wants him to accept 150 M Eur, Osimhen’s entourage keeps proposing 120 M Eur

Someone

Something
No way Napoli did this on purpose. They get nothing out of it even if they want to sell him. It's probably a stupid Admin, and they need to clarify that, take the appropriate action and move on.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Not signed yet, there is distance on the value of the release clause. AdL wants him to accept 150 M Eur, Osimhen’s entourage keeps proposing 120 M Eur
A year left on his contract next summer…

Oranges038

Wonder if there's any Napoli fans that believe this was all the work of some Turin based team of social media hackers. Like the way Juve fans tried to blame their accounting debacle on the prosecutor being from Naples.

philippexyz

This is some kind of a mistake. Idiotic social media admin or Napoli's official TikTok account has been hacked. Maybe Boehly orchestrated all of this to get a potent, expensive striker cheaper and sooner :). He's very crafty, after all(finding various loopholes etc.).

LARulz

What the hell were the Napoli social media team doing? Ridiculous

Alcio77

A year left on his contract next summer…
No one in Italy bets he will be at Naples next year even if he signs.
He clearly expressed his desire of playing in the PL and apparently indicated MU as his favorite club.
I would love to see him at the club, but now we have Hojlund I doubt it may happen.

STYLOISRED

Apparently ADL was negotiating a very lucrative contract with him during the transfer window but stalled immediately the window closed. It now looks as though they were offering him the contract to prevent him from kicking off a fuss during the window

Donaldo

Caf Vigilante
Supports
Arsenal
Mocking his penalty miss is weird for sure but the account makes fun of Elmas and Mario Rui too on occasion. Plus a few others.

The coconut apparently was never posted on the account.
What's overblown about his reaction?

Realismo

Supports
Real Madrid
Ah the usual "oh I fecked up, blame the haxxors!!!!"
Well, It's the only reasonable thing that could happen. If your CM mocks your players and/or the club allows this type of cringe content on social media, then you are doing something wrong.

tomaldinho1

One of three possible things:
1) their social media for hacked
2) Napoli are skint and need money
3) Garcia doesn’t like him which is just plain stupid.
Number 2. They know Saudi want him and will pay too dollar but it seems like the players wasn’t that keen. Now they start to motivate him to leave.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Apparently ADL was negotiating a very lucrative contract with him during the transfer window but stalled immediately the window closed. It now looks as though they were offering him the contract to prevent him from kicking off a fuss during the window
Yeah i'd assume it would have been to keep him/insert a massive buyout or something (if he doesn't have one already).

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Maybe its just me, seems a bit of an overreaction by Osimeneh?

OleGunnar20

My dream striker signing at the moment. Awkward with Hojlund but hell, if we could afford it .. ?

Zlatattack

There is no chance, as much as we'd absolutely love to have a proper elite striker at the club - this has Chelsea written all over it.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
This is worse than the yaya toure birthday cake fiasco

Uniquim

What a weird thing to do to your star player. Is it a rogue social media admin? Or Napoli approved which would be horrendous
One of three possible things:
1) their social media for hacked
2) Napoli are skint and need money
3) Garcia doesn’t like him which is just plain stupid.
Self-mocking type of videos on clubs social media have been pretty popular for a while. Zenit have already been mentioned, here's an example from Roma, San Marino does it on twitter to an extent, smaller clubs also do it. There's a small dutch club who's closing on the top clubs in terms of followers due to only doing humour posts, poking fun at Man City among others. So I wouldn't think there's hacking or rogue admins involved. Just a mishap from a failed attempt at going for self-deprecating humour. Like when someone at a party that kills the room with a bad joke type of thing.

zaafi

Maybe its just me, seems a bit of an overreaction by Osimeneh?
Not only is it a bit of an overreaction, it's pathetic.

It was dumb and not even funny by the Napoli TikTok admin (who even uses that shit except kids?) but surely he's aware that it's not his Napoli team mates or his coach, staff or owners that did that, it's one of their social media employees. Reacting like this is just way over the top.