Victor Osimhen

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
For what we might have to spend on him, he can't just be an improvement. He has to be the striker we believe can help us challenge for the title.
A 1-2 striker would have had us challenging

croadyman

At that price it's a lot more appealing than spending similar amounts on Harry Kane. At least to my eyes. This would be an investment for his contract and then a likely renewal along the way. That would be the aim, anyway. You'd be getting at least 5-6 years for sure out of a player there, maybe more or maybe he gets sold eventually recouping some money. It's very expensive, no two ways about it but the longer you're going to get out of the player at his peak the better justification for these ridiculous numbers in football.
Yeah we need to negotiate figure around that but De Laurentiis is a nightmare to deal with

Irwin99

The problem is that he doesn't bring much else to the table other than goals, and if we're going to get a striker like that, he needs to score a lot consistently.
A fair amount of his goals are also due to extremely bad goalkeeping and headers, so we'd have to adapt to his aerial ability and cross better. Only Shaw is really good at it.
Isn't he one of the best pressers in terms of strikers? From what little i've seen of him he just doesn't stop chasing defenders with his workrate.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I don’t think he’s quite good enough. I keep deliberating about him, but I suspect he doesn’t quite translate. I don’t think he has good enough ball control and I don’t think he’s an outstanding finisher either, in fact I don’t see how you can be if you are technically limited.

RKM is my guy.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
80? The Italian version of Levy will want closer to £150m

Tarrou

I could see us going after him once the blood money arrives

will cost a feck load more though

Broski-MUFC

still i think we are in a good position to get oshimen. almost all striker positions are taken except for real madrid but i don't think he fits there. chelsea-nkunku city-haaland arsenal jesus Liverpool nunez a transfer to united is the most logical

RatPack

I think he is a great player but just not a sure thing, especially in the PL and for 100+ mill.

The only player I would put money on to really produce from the start is Kane but that will most likely also be 100+ mill and for that he is too old (likely only 2-3 top seasons left).

Need to find the next big thing, but they will still be 60-70 mill. Strikers just dont come cheap.

Idxomer

Napoli are getting Rudi Garcia, best they sell him now because they aren't gonna be as good next season anyway and Osimhen will have only 1 year on his contract. His value could drop significantly next summer.

croadyman

Fear FFP would stop us going all in this window even if Jassim actually owns the club

plex

€150M is ridiculous. This guy had his first outstanding season. Haaland and Mbappe would cost then easily €300-400M since they do the same, if not better, on a regular basis.. .

cyberman

There’s really no point in shopping the top names form any given season anymore. Everybody has gone cash crazy. You can see why more and more players are insisting on clauses when signing for these clubs

Pintu

€150M is ridiculous. This guy had his first outstanding season. Haaland and Mbappe would cost then easily €300-400M since they do the same, if not better, on a regular basis.. .
They cost more… Go to Abu Dhabi with 300 million for Haaland, they won’t even consider it...

plex

They cost more… Go to Abu Dhabi with 300 million for Haaland, they won’t even consider it...
Just shows how insanse and crazy the market has become. Anyway, I doubt someone is going to pay €150M for this guy.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Just shows how insanse and crazy the market has become. Anyway, I doubt someone is going to pay €150M for this guy.
Its simply supply and demand to be honest, there is a lack of options in the striker market so there is going to be a premium to pay.
I agree though, he won't cost 150m euros if he leaves this summer, but I think he will cost 100m euros at least

croadyman

Its simply supply and demand to be honest, there is a lack of options in the striker market so there is going to be a premium to pay.
I agree though, he won't cost 150m euros if he leaves this summer, but I think he will cost 100m euros at least
He will cost that this summer,maybe next year I could see him moving for €100m

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Either clubs like Napoli start judging things realistically or be aware that they stand to lose their players for free in a year or 2. It’s not in the players interest to be priced out of the market

JuriM

Napoli is a big club with a aim to do another great season in the Champions League - they should ask a much as they do for their star players.

Pintu

Either clubs like Napoli start judging things realistically or be aware that they stand to lose their players for free in a year or 2. It’s not in the players interest to be priced out of the market
It made sense for Koulibaly/Insigne/Mertens… They were willing to spend their prime years over there. A bit like Kane at Spurs….

It doesn’t make sense for Osimhen. He wants the EPL and his wife wants Germany. Both destinations (Bayern or a top EPL club) would increase his wages significantly… He is not going to extend his contract.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I really don’t want us to sign Osimhen. Rarely watch him play and think he will be a great striker for us.
He will be the perfect striker for Bruno but that idea doesn’t appeal to me because I’d love to see us move away from this chancing it football.

Trex

He really cannot blame anyone but himself when no big clubs are in for him
As a Nigerian I'm not too keen on him leaving Napoli, he did one big season consolidating it with one or two more before leaving isn't a bad idea. Players are always looking to jump ship quite quickly. If he maintains this level or even gets better the big clubs will always be there.