Virgil van Dijk | VVD throws a hissy fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueRed79

£60M!? No way he's worth that at all. Guarantee you Lindelof will prove WAY better value than VVD.

Macern

Pee pee pants
Wish it was us instead of them :(. Same can be said about Salah and Naby Keïta. Or I might just say that because I have all three of them in my FM save and they're doing great things for me. Weird that Liverpool are linked to all of them.

If Liverpool are linked to Lucas Torreira, Luciano Vietto, Dayot Upamecano or Christoph Kramer next then something weird is going on.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
£60M!? No way he's worth that at all. Guarantee you Lindelof will prove WAY better value than VVD.
You can't guarantee shit mate :lol:

Could very well be, or totally not.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I suppose it'd be weird if Liverpool didn't buy a Southampton player.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
IF we are paying that, then a lot will be down to City paying £50m for Stones. VVD is better and Liverpool need him. Saints just have to quote any price knowing that if we don't pay it, City or Chelsea will.
Crazy money but I think almost every signing for every club this summer will be

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why would he want to move to Liverpool ahead of City or Chelsea?

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
60m is pretty crazy but he will improve Liverpool a lot.

Their first XI would look very good after adding Salah and VVD. But I'm still not convinced they'll have the depth to successfully negotiate league and European football simultaneously.

TrueRed79

Van Dijk is better and PL proven, I doubt Lindelöf would be a better signing even for 20m less.
If the quoted prices are true and Lindelof costs us half of what VVD will cost, then Utd have done way better business. VVD has just missed a 3rd of the season injured.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
God no. Please. Virgil shut up, go to United or City, win trophies.

I don't want us paying some £50million, we can get similar quality elsewhere

VanGaalEra

£100M on Van Dijk and Salah. Amazing.

Nice to see them burning away their transfer kitty without addressing their problems at LB/CM and CF.

Varun

Staff
It'd be fantastic if the scousers blew that much on Van Dijk :lol:

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool

Nice to see them burning away their transfer kitty without addressing their problems at LB/CM and CF.
That's coming later, I hear we've met with Lacazettes agents? :smirk:

stevoc

Good defender but nothing special and wouldn't really be an improvement on what we already have especially not for £60m. Glad United didn't get involved in this.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

First of all, even if the £60m reports are true (which I highly doubt) it won't be £100m total.

And if we bought a CF and a CM first, you'd probably have said "nice to see them burning away their transfer kitty withouth addressing their problems at CB/wing" :rolleyes: Do you really think we'd spend £50m-£60m on a CB if we only had £100m total available?

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
It'd be fantastic if the scousers blew that much on Van Dijk :lol:
They aren't silly. they clearly have the funds to do it, and it won't be at a detriment to any other signings they have lined up.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City
Think he's a great signing to be fair, even at £60m. If it was £48m people would be screaming it's great business. What's £12m between targets these days.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
£60m on VVD?

I don't ever want to hear a mention about Pogba's price again. He is a potential wordlie in his position with immense marketing potential, VVD is...well, VVD.

LFC-Fans

Supports
Liverpool
Shit. It's on BBC now.

Looks like it might be happening

Varun

Staff
They aren't silly. they clearly have the funds to do it, and it won't be at a detriment to any other signings they have lined up.
Its tough to guess how much they'll spend but I cant see it being 100mil+. If 80% of that goes to fund Van Dijk and Salah only, its over the top given they need quite a bit of work on their squad.

VanGaalEra

First of all, even if the £60m reports are true (which I highly doubt) it won't be £100m total.

And if we bought a CF and a CM first, you'd probably have said "nice to see them burning away their transfer kitty withouth addressing their problems at CB/wing" :rolleyes: Do you really think we'd spend £50m-£60m on a CB if we only had £100m total available?
60 + 35 is 95M and who said you only had 100m total?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Its tough to guess how much they'll spend but I cant see it being 100mil+. If 80% of that goes to fund Van Dijk and Salah only, its over the top given they need quite a bit of work on their squad.
Do you really think we'd spend £100m on Salah and Van Dijk if that's the only money we have available? That would be fecking ridiculous.

I know FSG hasn't always been reliable in the past but all the signs point to a figure closer to £200m.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
Staff
60m is cheap in today's market for arguably the best (or top three) CB in the league. He's also young and has room to improve. It's a great signing for them, much as I hate to say it.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
Bascombe said a while back that lfc had a kitty of 200mil but wasn't clear if that was gross or net. Time will tell I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.