Virgil van Dijk | VVD throws a hissy fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilovethisgameahahah

What? He's nothing like Rio.

Anyway, I'm delighted to see them blow most their budget on VVD and Salah.
Hard tackler, fast, fantastic on the ball, knows when to take a risk, can pick out a pass and he's dominant in the air. Not the same but he's the most similar player in the league right now that i can think off.

Why would you be happy to see Liverpool add 2 quality players to their squad? the prices are irrelevant if the owners have decided to relax their fists a bit.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Hard tackler, fast, fantastic on the ball, knows when to take a risk, can pick out a pass and he's dominant in the air. Not the same but he's the most similar player in the league right now that i can think off.

Why would you be happy to see Liverpool add 2 quality players to their squad? the prices are irrelevant if the owners have decided to relax their fists a bit.
Because I'm not convinced they'll splash out that much more, and there are other holes in their team they need to address.

poleglass red

great piece of business by them if they pull it off. 60 million is definitely inflated but that's what you pay in this market

Vanya

Van Djik is quality. The same people were laughing at Mane last year. Hes 24 and already one of the best in the league. The 50m spread over 7-8 years will look like a great investment if he lives up to his potential.

Varun

Staff
Bascombe said a while back that lfc had a kitty of 200mil but wasn't clear if that was gross or net. Time will tell I guess.
Do you really think we'd spend £100m on Salah and Van Dijk if that's the only money we have available? That would be fecking ridiculous.

I know FSG hasn't always been reliable in the past but all the signs point to a figure closer to £200m.
Good for them then, that's a lot of money.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
What the hell are they smoking over there at the Bluemoon forum? I've seen posters claiming that VVD isn't better than Stones.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Why would any club include an add on payment that required a Premier league win from Liverpool of all clubs?

27 years and counting YSB

Skills

Snitch
Do you really think we'd spend £100m on Salah and Van Dijk if that's the only money we have available? That would be fecking ridiculous.

I know FSG hasn't always been reliable in the past but all the signs point to a figure closer to £200m.
You guys spent £61m last summer (recouped more than that in sales last year), I reckon you have an addition 90m (60m extra from the new TV deal, and 30m guaranteed from CL group stages). Though I don't know where else you need to balance the books tbf.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Delighted with this. My only concern with this is how he translates to playing in a more attacking expansive system at Liverpool. His attributes seem a little more ideally suited than Lovrens were but it's still a risk as is the case with all defenders. Not arsed about the fee they're all mental anyways.

As for the total spend this summer, it'll be nearer 150-200 net, the TV money deal + Cl in conjunction with how little we've spent recently means we've got the finances for a one off summer splurge and now is the ideal time. The only question for most fans was if FSG would put up the money and the early signs appear good but the overall judgement will wait till the end of summer.

A 50-60mill fee is likely what it would take to get Keita, possibly more and he is worth it the one signing I really really want to happen. As for outgoings I think both Origi and Sturridge will stay. Sturridge will only leave if we bring in a first xi forward. I would love to keep him regardless but I don't see that happening unfortunately.

tomaldinho1

If this is true, major coup for Klopp over Pep. I guess you never know how much of these stories are true but it seems that City have definitely been trying to lure him there and I doubt LPool can offer more financially...must be a preference for tactics/manager.

edcunited1878

He'll have a lot to prove obviously coming off injury and playing for a bigger club during the league campaign and Champions league.

He's played only one full year in the Premier League for a team outside the top 6. Played 21 League matches last before before his injury, which was a serious injury.

Wonder what his wages will be.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Why would any club include an add on payment that required a Premier league win from Liverpool of all clubs?

27 years and counting YSB
Because we must be turning into f*cking good negotiators. :)
Or we'll lose him last minute for another tenner. :(

el magico

Supports
Manchester City
They think he's shit for the most part. Think they're a little surprised lfc are paying that much. Bit like the cafe tbh :D
Not entirely true! I would say the news has been largely received with a gallic shrug and a little shake of the head. Centre halfs are less of a priority for City than full-backs. I'm not convinced that VvD is significantly better than Otamendi or Stones and definitely not as good as Kompany. I would be fine if City bought no central defenders but would be nervous every time Kompany took the pitch!

However, I think this is a great signing for Liverpool.

slored1

Insane if Liverpool really spend 50-60 million and 200k weekly on this guy. That is about 110 mil if he stays there for 5 seasons.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I really like Van Djik and I reckon he'll be a good addition for Liverpool if it's actually happening. But 60 million? I thought Klopp threw a big old tanty last season because we spent big on Pogba?

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
Not entirely true! I would say the news has been largely received with a gallic shrug and a little shake of the head. Centre halfs are less of a priority for City than full-backs. I'm not convinced that VvD is significantly better than Otamendi or Stones and definitely not as good as Kompany. I would be fine if City bought no central defenders but would be nervous every time Kompany took the pitch!

Stones is dreadful mate, I'd rather have Daly Blind in my defence than him.

bio202

Supports
liverpool

Yes I agree, I was being a little unfair. :wenger:

Skills

Snitch
Anyone got the world record progression for a defender?

David Luiz
Rio
Thuram
Rio

What came before?

Klopp_De_Klown

Graeme Kelly saying its a lot less.
How the hell would he know. Hes just a fan expressing what he'd like.

Really that long, usually isn't it at the most 5 years?
Not a chance its spread out that long... Maybe 40 + 4 payments is more realistic. If its the 60 quoted and im guessing it is seeing who lfc outbid. But we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.