Wan-Bissaka for sale

spiriticon

Yup they are both as crap as each other, albeit with different faults.

No point arguing over AWB and Dalot. Whoever plays, we lose.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Really?

They are both just differently but also somewhat equally shite in many aspects of being a fullback - defensively and offensively..

Dalot is just less shite with the ball at his feet, that is all.
Dalot’s much praised attacking does feck all. He comes up with one good cross a game and spends the rest of the game hitting the first defender or getting bumped off when dribbling.

I’ll move on both if possible, they’re both crap.

Oranges038

Dalot’s much praised attacking does feck all. He comes up with one good cross a game and spends the rest of the game hitting the first defender or getting bumped off when dribbling.

I’ll move on both if possible, they’re both crap.
So would I.

But, I never said he was any good in attack, I said they were both differently shit in attack and defence.

Dalot is just better technically with the ball, he doesn't fall over it and and he doesn't always pass by scooping it away with the edge of his foot and he doesn't dribble like a child chasing a football down a hill.

izec

He is shit defensively. Except for tackling, he has no clue what he is doing, on and off the ball. His positional defending and workrate is absolutely awful.

People seem to forget, give him 2 games, and you would all destroy him on here.

He was made for a club that sits back with 10 men and he can put in tackles every 5 minutes in a low block with not much space between him and the other players, to hide his positional weaknesses. He was brutally exposed under Ole as soon as we tried to play offensive football, there it all fell apart for him, as it highlighted how shit he is on the ball and defensively, when no one was there to bail him out next to him once he got caught in no mans land.

Idxomer

If he's putting in full effort, he's better than Dalot but I don't really remember the last time he did that.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Is there an argument that he's one of the worst PL signings ever? Must be at least top 5. The lad is total shite.

studs

Nobody is buying this great defender.
Especially Barcelona.

Last edited:

Bwuk

We'll never win anything with players like Wan-Bissaka, who is lazy, has a poor attitude and actually isn't all that great a player.

We messed up signing him. Let's move him on now, rather than keep him around for years on end.

croadyman

We'll never win anything with players like Wan-Bissaka, who is lazy, has a poor attitude and actually isn't all that great a player.

We messed up signing him. Let's move him on now, rather than keep him around for years on end.
Should have bought Meunier

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Unpopular opinion : He's better than Dalot.
His best for us was undoubtedly far far better than anything Dalot has produced. But it's also true that he fell apart last season and seems to be inherently suited to a very old school / defensive style of football.

DepaysCowboyHat

Unpopular opinion : He's better than Dalot.
I kinda just tossed this comment out as a grenade

To everybody who answered me- yeah they're both absolutely rubbish but Id rather have a fullback whos okay/good at defending and sh*t at attacking, rather than one whos sh*t at both.
That being said.... we need a rb BAD.

lex talionis

Given what we’ve seen of Dalot so far this season and the end of last season, it wouldn’t be daft to give AWB a shot at redemption. At the very least, he defends well and after what Brentford did to us we could do with a bit of better defending, though I’ll be the first to admit De Gea was responsible for the first goals and the entire squad were shattered after that second goal.

izec

Given what we’ve seen of Dalot so far this season and the end of last season, it wouldn’t be daft to give AWB a shot at redemption. At the very least, he defends well and after what Brentford did to us we could do with a bit of better defending, though I’ll be the first to admit De Gea was responsible for the first goals and the entire squad were shattered after that second goal.
His defending is overrated. He is not a good defender at all. His recovery tackles look good at times, thats about it. We got destroyed with him on the pitch plenty of times as well.

He is broken. We need to move on and find a new RB somehow/someone that performs.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
That's a BIG difference between us and other "top" clubs, they don't cling onto players that are not up to it.
Timo Werner arrived at Chelsea with a good reputation, he didn't live up to it, two years on Chelsea sell him.
Story closed and they move on.

We on the other hand give players year after year, chance after chance, eventually loan them out, then give them another chance...!! :rolleyes:

Mike Smalling

His defending is overrated. He is not a good defender at all. His recovery tackles look good at times, thats about it. We got destroyed with him on the pitch plenty of times as well.

He is broken. We need to move on and find a new RB somehow/someone that performs.
Absolutely. You can't consistently fall asleep on the back post or break the offside and still be labelled a good defender. He's not strong in the air either - just athletic and mostly good in a direct duel.

Judas

Open to offers
All he can do is tackle, the reason he has to make so many tackles is also because his positioning is embarrassingly poor. He is painfully average footballer.

lex talionis

I agree we need to bring in a new RB. I’m only suggesting that Dalot’s form is such that he should no longer be untouchable and that AWB should be bright back for a match or two to see if he’s done anything in training to raise his game. And he just flat out is a better defender than Dalot.

marcus agrippa

I kinda just tossed this comment out as a grenade

To everybody who answered me- yeah they're both absolutely rubbish but Id rather have a fullback whos okay/good at defending and sh*t at attacking, rather than one whos sh*t at both.
That being said.... we need a rb BAD.

Good at defending? Why? Because he's always on his ass trying a tackle? Because he's often out of position, jogging back, getting drawn to the ball and ignoring/unaware of the outside run.

Shocking 'footballer'. Can you imagine him in the ETH system where defenders tuck in to provide a midfield option? I shudder to think.

DepaysCowboyHat

Good at defending? Why? Because he's always on his ass trying a tackle? Because he's often out of position, jogging back, getting drawn to the ball and ignoring/unaware of the outside run.

Shocking 'footballer'. Can you imagine him in the ETH system where defenders tuck in to provide a midfield option? I shudder to think.
Bruuu, maybe you should've actually read my comment before answering it.

First of all I said okay/good, compared to Dalot you cannot deny this.
Second of all- I said both rubbish footballers and no I cannot imagine him playing in an ETH system but I dont need to imagine Dalot cause Ive already seendit.

studs

If true Ten million is better than nothing, just take it and walk.

SER19

10 is too little even though I don't rate him much. He was actually decent in his first season but isn't suited to a big club. He's 25 in November and cant be described as having 'potential' in the way he did when he signed for us. 15-18m seems about right for a full back of that age with 4 PL seasons under his belt.

Long Time Red

I'd play him on Monday and then sell him.

Dalot will get violated by Diaz if he plays, he's a terrible one on one defender and has no pace.

BuzzKillington

I’d rather throw him in the bin than let Palace take the piss that badly.

We can probably get more than that if we sold him off for spare parts to an organ merchant on the dark web.

Jezpeza

I foolishly thought we were going to get better at squad management.

The ideal think would have been to sell both him and Dalot, use that money and a bit more for a good right back and use someone like Laird as a backup. This would have also been great for the wage structure.

Looks like both will still be here, outdoing each other for who is able to do the worst at rb every week

GMoore23

You won’t get better offers that that

If that's true, they can get lost with that offer. They absolutely fleeced us for £50m not long ago.

I'm not a huge fan of Wan Bissaka's but he's definitely worth more than that, £25m easily. Hell, we got £25m for Dan James and Bissaka is a better player.

He's a very decent player for any counter attacking team, he showed that in his first 2 seasons here.
Also, he had 4 league assists in 19/20 and 4 again in 20/21. That's more than Kyle Walker had for the best attacking unit on the planet.

If we absolutely must sell him on the cheap, Palace is the last club I'd sell to.

CloneMC16

If that's true, they can get lost with that offer. They absolutely fleeced us for £50m not long ago.

I'm not a huge fan of Wan Bissaka's but he's definitely worth more than that, £25m easily. Hell, we got £25m for Dan James and Bissaka is a better player.

He's a very decent player for any counter attacking team, he showed that in his first 2 seasons here.
Also, he had 4 league assists in 19/20 and 4 again in 20/21. That's more than Kyle Walker had for the best attacking unit on the planet.

If we absolutely must sell him on the cheap, Palace is the last club I'd sell to.
We took Leeds to the cleaners for James. He's not worth that. That's the only good sale we've made in years.

No chance we'll get £25m for AWB. £10m is a joke, but I think we might have to accept it. Doesn't seem to be anybody else interested in him. Letting him sit for any longer without playing isn't going to increase his value.