Wan-Bissaka for sale

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Surprise at no interest by Manchester in Kehrer from PSG who go West Ham. Very good attacking right back.

Dalot is not good and AWB so so limited. Recruitment very strange
Kehrer would be no different to AWB or Dalot, yes slightly better but still not good enough to be a starter for a top 4 team.

He's a jack of all trades as well, not good enough attacking wise to be a RB and doesn't have the physicality to be a CB in the Prem.

soapythecat

£10M is day light robbery. We should snap their hands off. He won’t play for us unless we are on the bones of our arse. His valve definitely won’t go up, so sell now or just have another player running down a contract.
Can’t believe this is a discussion

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The £10m offer just goes to show how monumentally bad a transfer it was. He was way overpriced.
Crystal Palace do not rate him.

Trequarista10

I could see him returning to Palace and doing well. He's obviously technically limited, but also at United seemed overwhelmed and unsure of himself.

buckooo1978

10m is an awful offer.

Even after last year he's worth double that

still a very effective defender at a club where the onus will be on him defending in a low-ish block

i'd loan him for a year and, at the right club, his value will increase drastically

GoldanoGraham

There is no way he is sold for £10m - he might not fit the system we want but he can defend - in todays inflated market he would be worth at least £25m.

Loan out for the year is much more likely - personally would rather see him play against Liverpool than Dalot.

Betson

There is no way he is sold for £10m - he might not fit the system we want but he can defend - in todays inflated market he would be worth at least £25m.

Loan out for the year is much more likely - personally would rather see him play against Liverpool than Dalot.
The reality is you are only worth what the market is willing to play , it has been known since the start of the window that Utd wanted to sell him yet no club other than Palace has shown any interest in taking him and then only in a cut price deal.

His current wages we pay him have probably put off other clubs even making an offer, but the reality is if we want to sell we have to prepare to take a big loss here.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
10m is an awful offer.

still a very effective defender at a club where the onus will be on him defending in a low-ish block

i'd loan him for a year and, at the right club, his value will increase drastically
His contract ends in 2024, so 1 year on loan next summer he has only one year left before he can walk for free. That's exactly what happened to Lingard, right? Take the money and run.

Vapor trail

10m is an awful offer.

10 million is a ridiculous offer, doesn't matter how people describe it it's woeful business by the club. There are unproven players who move from championship to premier League clubs for more.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
If we sell him at a garages sale price, who would be Dalot's back-up ? Or we are getting a quality RB?
Exactly my doubts. Two weeks till the deadline day, sell AWB without securing a proper player on the right and situation might get even more complicated both quality & depth wise.

CM

Why it is an insult? if you look at how much Arsenal received for selling the unwanted players, £10m is a very good offer, and Man Utd probably may need to make up the wage difference till his existing contract expires. If I am Crystal Palace i will only take him on loan.
Wan-Bissaka's stock has fallen and he is likely on prohibitive wages but £10m is far from being a very good offer. Just look at the sums of money even newly promoted Premier League clubs are spending on players.

Wan-Bissaka isn't good enough for United but he certainly is good enough to be a Premier League footballer. If we can't get a respectable offer, we're better off sticking him out on loan and letting his stock build back up. He's English and 24 years old. Another decent season in the Premier League and his value would appreciate again.

Oranges038

10m is plenty. He's done nothing to show he was ever worth 50m and plenty to show he's not even worth 10m. If Utd want rid of him then just take what you can get and pay him whatever to piss off.

ti vu

Wan-Bissaka's stock has fallen and he is likely on prohibitive wages but £10m is far from being a very good offer. Just look at the sums of money even newly promoted Premier League clubs are spending on players.

Wan-Bissaka isn't good enough for United but he certainly is good enough to be a Premier League footballer. If we can't get a respectable offer, we're better off sticking him out on loan and letting his stock build back up. He's English and 24 years old. Another decent season in the Premier League and his value would appreciate again.
The thing is teams may be able to afford the higher offer, but they don't afford high earner and high fee in one go, especially on player with potential to break their wage structure.

Loan would be the better option, but again his wage is too high that clubs would agree to do the turd polishing job for us without a low purchase option. So unless we agree to shoulder part of his wage and send on loan, even loan option is limited.

Also his contract would expire in summer 2024. So we're in tougher situation next summer if he fails on potential loan.

lefty_jakobz

I ❤️ moses
Most on here don’t rate him but this has Zaha vibes all over it. Sell him for £10m but put a 40% sell on clause into the deal or a first refusal so we can rinse some other team the same we were rinsed by every other team!

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
10 million is a ridiculous offer, doesn't matter how people describe it it's woeful business by the club. There are unproven players who move from championship to premier League clubs for more.
And those players are on a fraction of the wage. AWB is making close to 5m a year (the third highest in the league for rightbacks). Unless he's willing to forgo those wages, they have to be covered by the buying club. The only way they will even think about it is if they can directly save that money from the transfer fee.

Loon

:lol:
I’m not gonna lie. Bought into the hype at the time and assumed Gary Neville (who was bigging him up) knows more about defending than I.

£50m is a lot of dosh.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Best 1 v 1 defender in the league. League 1 standard on the ball.

CM

The thing is teams may be able to afford the higher offer, but they don't afford high earner and high fee in one go, especially on player with potential to break their wage structure.

Loan would be the better option, but again his wage is too high that clubs would agree to do the turd polishing job for us without a low purchase option. So unless we agree to shoulder part of his wage and send on loan, even loan option is limited.

Also his contract would expire in summer 2024. So we're in tougher situation next summer if he fails on potential loan.
I'm aware of that but £10m is still a pretty paltry offer. It's difficult to imagine that his value can depreciate any further than that. If that's the best offer we're getting, just send him on a straight loan or one with a nominal loan fee. There's nothing to lose there.

hobbers

£10m is a very generous offer for a player of such limited ability. Not to mention zero marketability.

ti vu

I'm aware of that but £10m is still a pretty paltry offer. It's difficult to imagine that his value can depreciate any further than that. If that's the best offer we're getting, just send him on a straight loan or one with a nominal loan fee. There's nothing to lose there.
I think you didn't read my post well.

His wage is high for the kind of clubs would take him on loan. Nobody want to pay a high wage for loanee and a loan fee without option for purchase. Why would they help us improve our player while they pay a high wage without a chance to make it permanent?

Next summer, it would be Lingard last season all over again. One year left in contract and nobody want to pay a fee and offering the wage he demand. They rather just wait when he become free agent in 2024.

The easier option would require us to shoulder part of his wage on loan, or accept low purchase option. Similar to Henderson loan to Forest where we're paying some of his wage.

CM

I think you didn't read my post well.

His wage is high for the kind of clubs would take him on loan. Nobody want to pay a high wage for loanee and a loan fee without option for purchase. Why would they help us improve our player while they pay a high wage without a chance to make it permanent?

Next summer, it would be Lingard last season all over again. One year left in contract and nobody want to pay a fee and offering the wage he demand. They rather just wait when he become free agent in 2024.

The easier option would require us to shoulder part of his wage on loan, or accept low purchase option. Similar to Henderson loan to Forest where we're paying some of his wage.
I understand what you said and I'm saying if the offers don't improve next summer we take the hit then.

I'm of the opinion that any fee a club is prepared to pay for Wan-Bissaka now would likely increase once they've seen him have a decent season for a Premier League club. Last year was his worst as a professional footballer, and he spent a decent portion of it watching Dalot play ahead of him from the sidelines.

Like I said before, Wan-Bissaka isn't good enough to make it here but he can still be a good Premier League player. Any club who takes him on loan wouldn't be 'developing' him for us because he's likely already an improvement on what they have in their first team. We aren't paying any of Henderson's wages at Forest, they're covering all of it.

Mike1976

Supports
Ajax & United, in that order
While that is true retaining him for two more years will cost another 10m in wages while he offers very little in return. Ten Hag wants his backs to offer attacking width and depth first, solid defending second based on the premise that pushing back the opponent will lessen the pressure on the backs.

Neither player can do that. I could easily see Ten Hag end up retraining a squad or youth player to play at the back. He's done so before.

CM

While that is true retaining him for two more years will cost another 10m in wages while he offers very little in return. Ten Hag wants his backs to offer attacking width and depth first, solid defending second based on the premise that pushing back the opponent will lessen the pressure on the backs.
That's why I'm proposing we put him out on loan during that time with the club loaning him in covering his wages.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
We should just accept the loss and move on which is a shame because I kinda liked the kid, seemed to actually try most of the time and had some wall like performances here and there,his profile ain't what we're looking for unfortunately so better to move on.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Like I said before, Wan-Bissaka isn't good enough to make it here but he can still be a good Premier League player. Any club who takes him on loan wouldn't be 'developing' him for us because he's likely already an improvement on what they have in their first team. We aren't paying any of Henderson's wages at Forest, they're covering all of it.
That didn't happen on Lingard when he did extremely well on loan in West Ham. He left for free in the end.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
His contract ends in 2024, so 1 year on loan next summer he has only one year left before he can walk for free. That's exactly what happened to Lingard, right? Take the money and run.
It’s a fair point — I think the choice is either:
1. Take the lowball sum this summer, right now; or
2. Let him go on loan where I’m fairly confident he will do at least OK enough to remind everyone he is a PL level fullback for a club a lot lower down the table (it’s funny because 20th) and the fee would be close to around £16-20m, even in his last year of contract. But like you say, there is the risk he just comes back and sits on his arse for that final season.

However, the club do have the option to extend for a year. Not quite sure how those work, and if it can only be activated in his last season before it expires or if we can activate it at the start of the 23/24 season to try and get a bigger fee.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Honestly this is the only guy from the squad who I didn't like. He seemed so detached all the time, like a robot, just 9-5 job etc.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Lingard chose to stay and fight for his place. That's on him.
what make you think that Wan-Bissaka won't choose to stay and fight for his place? Anyway it seems like he will either leave or go on loan this window.