Wan-Bissaka for sale

CM

what make you think that Wan-Bissaka won't choose to stay and fight for his place? Anyway it seems like he will either leave or go on loan this window.
He can if he wants to. That's his prerogative, but he won't be playing any football if he does. It's in his interests to leave.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
He's had enough time to develop and it hasn't happened. Defensively he has a good slide tackle and seems decent at last gasp efforts. You could argue that he shouldn't get into those situations I guess but being realistic your defenders will always need that in their locker. Going forward he has not developed at all. I can't believe with the coaching and facilities we have, that he couldn't have been taught how to whip in a cross.

Chief123

Looks like a move to Palace is happening. Good riddance. Dreadful signing.

Lee565

If we can't get 20 million I think loaning him to lower premier league side that play deeper would be a master stroker, bissaka would be in his element in such a set up and also the expectation at a smaller club will suit such an introverted personality and if he produces what he showed at crystal palace then he will be easy to move on next summer, at the moment his stock is miserably low

userman

£10m is absolutely an acceptable figure as long as we don't have to pay AWB any severance pay or lump sum (since he'll probably be on much lower wages at Palace).
Cut our losses and move on.

Hopefully the club will learn from this and don't hand out top salaries to unproven young players again.

RedOrange

It’s a fair point — I think the choice is either:
1. Take the lowball sum this summer, right now; or
2. Let him go on loan where I’m fairly confident he will do at least OK enough to remind everyone he is a PL level fullback for a club a lot lower down the table (it’s funny because 20th) and the fee would be close to around £16-20m, even in his last year of contract. But like you say, there is the risk he just comes back and sits on his arse for that final season.

However, the club do have the option to extend for a year. Not quite sure how those work, and if it can only be activated in his last season before it expires or if we can activate it at the start of the 23/24 season to try and get a bigger fee.
That confidence you have that he'll do well on a loan is the only reason anyone's even willing to pay £10 million for him right now. He could easily go out on loan and play terribly, which would mean United passed up an opportunity to receive £10 million and shed another £10 million in wages over 2 years to having to pay AWB £5 million to sit in the stands next season.

Just take the money now. He's not going to play here and it's unlikely that his transfer fee will go up enough to mitigate the risk of him continuing to play badly.

Stacks

10m is plenty. He's done nothing to show he was ever worth 50m and plenty to show he's not even worth 10m. If Utd want rid of him then just take what you can get and pay him whatever to piss off.
£10m is a very generous offer for a player of such limited ability. Not to mention zero marketability.
every heard of Carney Chukwuemeka and Matt Target?

Gandalf

Palace should be roundly told to feck off. We’ve already sent Laird out on loan so we can’t be that desperate to move AWB that we allow palace to take the piss. £10m is a loan fee, bitches.
Its 10 now, next season we would be lucky to see 5 and the following summer he is a free agent. Sometimes you have to recognize a sunk cost and get back whatever you can, I would take 10 in a heartbeat. We cursed Woodward for years for holding on to deadwood too long until they had no value at all and now we are advocating doing the same, it is like Stockholm Syndrome. He is shit, get rid.

C'est Moi Cantona

No issue with selling to Palace for £10 million, they just took us for the mugs we are, would also be good to see him do well there.

dove

He's worth more than ten milly.
He probably is, not much more though, I would suppose somewhere closer to £20m than 10m. However £50m we paid shouldn't fool anyone. He was never worth that, we overpaid by a lot. He is just not very good at all.

Tarrou

10 million is a ridiculous offer, doesn't matter how people describe it it's woeful business by the club. There are unproven players who move from championship to premier League clubs for more.
it's better to be unproven than proven to be not good enough

in terms of leverage in a transfer deal

also, he's on the wages of someone who is proven

GledTheRed

He probably is, not much more though, I would suppose somewhere closer to £20m than 10m. However £50m we paid shouldn't fool anyone. He was never worth that, we overpaid by a lot. He is just not very good at all.
He'll be well worth 20 million to Palace where he can fully utilise sliding on his arse camped in his own half all the time.

dove

He'll be well worth 20 million to Palace where he can fully utilise sliding on his arse camped in his own half all the time.
Well, that's pretty much his only skill, to slide tackle. However as the great man once said:

ElBarto

The monetary figure is irrelevant really, it would be nice to act like a big club for a change and just cut our losses like Chelsea re: Werner, Lukaku

Ted Lasso

One bissaka, two bissaka, three bissaka, four-ty mil down the drain bissaka.

Just sell him already and onto the next.

Tony247

Best team to sell is the one just promoted or team sure to struggle relegation. He can be handy in those teams. Recoup 20m may be.

Alemar

Any chance we could get Zaha back.

We wouldn't be about to spend 80mil on Anthony if we still had Zaha.
We already had Zaha. He was underwhelming, so to speak - Antony is in a different league quality-wise

gaffs

We already had Zaha. He was underwhelming, so to speak - Antony is in a different league quality-wise
We sold him 8 years ago.

Incase you haven't noticed, he's gone on to be a very good Premier league player. 14 goal in 33 last year.

Thats more than Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Elanga and Lingard last year combined.

If Anthony was to score 14 fr us next year, everyone would say he had been a massive success.

Trex

We sold him 8 years ago.

Incase you haven't noticed, he's gone on to be a very good Premier league player. 14 goal in 33 last year.

Thats more than Rashford, Sancho, Greenwood, Elanga and Lingard last year combined.

If Anthony was to score 14 fr us next year, everyone would say he had been a massive success.
If you watch Zaha often you'll know his style of play wouldn't translate well here. One poor decision after another, if Rashford frustrates you, Zaha would get you pulling your hair out.
Plus his stats are nothing special, there's a reason he is still at Palace after all this years.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
We will need another right back. We cannot rely just in Dalot

What are our options?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wonder if we owe them anything still. Can't have been 45m lump sum.

I'd be very disappointed if it were 10m like was rumoured earlier. I'd rather give him to another club than watch the Zaha deal look good in comparison.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Wonder could Lindelof do a job as back up RB