Wan-Bissaka for sale

Spaghetti

Mom's
Shaw, Sancho, Rashford, McTominay, Heaton, Brandon William, Axel Tuanzebe, Maguire, Phil Jones, AWB, Chong

So we can sell 3 and still be good to register a full 25 men squad, with unlimited U21 like Elanga, Garnacho, James Garner, Zidane, Hannibal... on standby list.
In other words, all of the players we don’t want!

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Anyone ever see a full back worse at defending a cross at the far post? He starts doing a Stevie Wonder impression.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
We are so useless at getting rid of players. When you need to get rid, just fecking do it.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If clubs wanted him they should have acted earlier than 3 days before the window shuts. Gives us no time to get a replacement

ThanksBoss26

Club unwilling to fund a right back purchase right now is what I see.
Feels like it. Budget appears maxed out now so probably doesn't make sense to loan Wan Bissaka out at this stage without a replacement. Bar a dramatic change one for the priority list next summer.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Basically confirms that our transfer business is over after the Antony signing.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
We are so useless at getting rid of players. When you need to get rid, just fecking do it.
In an ideal scenario, we would, but we're not going to replace him. We'd be short in the RB department.

-Supreme-

We should give Williams a chance if we receive a decent offer for AWB, but I can understand if Ten Hag is less inclined as Williams hasn’t played at all in preseason

hobbers

Basically confirms that our transfer business is over after the Antony signing.
Yep, Dubravka will be our last signing this summer. But that wont stop everyone going crazy for Osimhen and Frenkie deadline day deals.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Was bound to be the case this late in the window. Right back will be a weakness all season.

El Jefe

Long term he'll be sold but hopefully EtH can coach him or play him in a way where he gets back to looking decent at least.

I think Dalot is awful but he's managed to look serviceable so far, hopefully we can do the same with AWB and buy a top class RB next summer.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
He’s useless he offers nothing other players can’t provide when covering.
I'm not his biggest fan, but I think that's a little hyperbolic. He's defensively solid when it comes to one-on-one defending, and if there are games where we're sitting back, he can fill in then. Again, I'd want him gone, but you'll have Dlot and that's it. Ok, I think Williams is still here, but he's not it for me. If we could get a replacement then I'd be the first to say get rid, but not now.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
There were literal months to plan this since Rangnick was appointed. Too late to the party, what's new.

Trequarista10

Replacing the 2nd choice RB was always one of the lower priorities for this summer, with numerous major changes being made for the starting XI. It would be nice if we upgraded AWB this summer but Rome wasn't built in a day, and all the signings to date have rightly been prioritised imo. Its a bonus if it happens, if it doesn't it gives us another season to bring in the right player. Look on the bright side folks. We've signed Malacia, Martinez, Casemiro, Eriksen and Antony in one window, with a striker probably joining before the window shuts!

Why not give laird a chance?
His loan is the right option, he needs to develop as to date virtually all of his professional experience has been at RWB rather than RB.

saivet

Worry is that he may be even harder to shift next summer. I guess a January move isn't out of the question either.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Couldn't we have already sounded out replacements, and try them once there were approaches for him?

Maybe we did, and the potential replacements had the same issue, too little time to replace them.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
I know , meant recalling him.

Fair enough.
Recalling a player who joined only weeks ago? Well, that would be a new level of incompetence. Considering how we are run, I wouldn't be surprised if it happens that way though.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Worry is that he may be even harder to shift next summer. I guess a January move isn't out of the question either.
Won't change anything really. He'll play in the Europa games.

Long Time Red

Pretty obvious how this plays out.

No one is prepared to offer anywhere near are asking price next summer so we exercise are option to extend his contract another to protect his "value".

Same thing happens the next summer, no one meets our valuation and so AWB leaves on a free in 2025.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's inevitable that Wan Bissaka will leave United on a free transfer at the end of his contract isn't it? :rolleyes:

This is why fans don't trust the people running the club. Brandon Williams can be backup to Dalot if needs must. Take the money if offered. Why let a saleable asset on high wages rot on the bench?

gorky_utd

I think it is a good decision. He can be useful in cup games or to protect lead in last moments in a match. No need to sell him this late in the window for 10 mil and then pay double for another poor quality rb. I hope we sell Williams instead.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Make sense to keep him and go after our first choice right back next summer rather than flog him now and replace him with any old fecker.

Thom Merrilin

It's inevitable that Wan Bissaka will leave United on a free transfer at the end of his contract isn't it? :rolleyes:

This is why fans don't trust the people running the club. Brandon Williams can be backup to Dalot if needs must. Take the money if offered. Why let a saleable asset on high wages rot on the bench?
I think you might be overrating Brandon Williams a bit. If we were to sell Wan-Bissaka and then Dalot gets a serious injury and is out for 6 months, we'd be stuck playing a very poor player every week.

I don't think Wan-Bissaka is very good but I'd play him over Williams 100% of the time. Also, I'm sure Wan-Bissaka will get a fair amount of games in the cups and Europa so he won't really be rotting on the bench as you say.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.

Wan-Bissaka is still a far superior player to Williams. It doesn’t really matter if we lose all of the £50m or if we can get £10m or so from West Ham/Palace back, it’s already been a horrible investment and all we can do is make whatever we still can out of it.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Those two clubs left it late thinking we would be backed into a corner.

Mickson

We should cut our losses and sell him. His value is as high as it gets now; we won't get more money next summer, I'm sure. And yes, he is better than Williams/Lindelof, but we have a system and should only use players that fit our system. AWB doesn't fit in and should be sold asap. Look at Arsenal, they got rid of every player they could, even paying them out. We will make a mistake if were keeping him, and we probably will, and no one will be surprised.

fallengt

How does his value go from 50m to 10m in 3 years?
1 in 804 RB my ass. Has the person recommede AWB got sacked yet?