Wan-Bissaka for sale

RoyH1

If Roma give us 30 million AWB I propose that Jose get the highest decoration that Manchester United can give for services rendered to the club

Andrew7582

Could be a good move for him in Italy. He'll play in a back 5 which could help him in terms of having an extra defender to help him with his positioning and he'll have other English players (Tammy Abraham and Smalling) to help him settle. 30 million for us would be nice too :D
A back 5 with AWB at wing back :lol: I'll light a candle for roma supporters.

diarm

If Roma give us 30 million AWB I propose that Jose get the highest decoration that Manchester United can give for services rendered to the club
If they give us 30mil I will build a statue of Jose in my garden.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Frankly I’d sell Telles too, as he’s barely serviceable for a top half PL side, but I’m started to get worried about squad depth and incomings required. So that’s one to look at later.
No need to worry about the incomings. We haven't had any outgoings yet and the board will do whatever it takes to hang onto mediocre players. The more mediocre the player is the more the board will pay to hang on to the said player.
And if the player hardly ever plays, he'll probably remain with us for a decade. Phil Jones comes to mind.

The better players tend to get snapped up by other clubs, as they have some genuine ability on the pitch.

If the board has any ambition, they'll need to bring in 9 new first team players in the next 20 months, but I suspect there isn't any ambition.

Kellyiom

No need to worry about the incomings. We haven't had any outgoings yet and the board will do whatever it takes to hang onto mediocre players. The more mediocre the player is the more the board will pay to hang on to the said player.
And if the player hardly ever plays, he'll probably remain with us for a decade. Phil Jones comes to mind.

The better players tend to get snapped up by other clubs, as they have some genuine ability on the pitch.

If the board has any ambition, they'll need to bring in 9 new first team players in the next 20 months, but I suspect there isn't any ambition.
I remember the post on here when we were getting Telles, there was some sort of spider web graph that showed he was some sort of heavily attack focused defender and a perfect complement to...? I'd love to know what that would look like now.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
A back 5 with AWB at wing back :lol: I'll light a candle for roma supporters.
If they play a back 5 he'll more likely play RCB. With Jose's coaching and the quality of a lot of the opposition attacks in Serie A he might do very well out there.

TrickyLeftWinger

That's simply not true.

Would it be fair to say that because you don't like the above players you have created a bit of a false narrative about them?

It happens. I've done it myself, however AWB and McTominay are not lazy players.

I'd even go as far as saying that If I was going to pick lazy players for United this season, those two wouldn't even be in the conversation.
I’ve seen him jog loads pretending to get back in position

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Italian clubs paid £34m for Tammy Abraham and £30m for Timori just last year so they certainly have the money to pay.

Also, AWB comes across as a Mou player.
Btf. most English or PL exports have done quite well there. They must know that the PL 'rejects' are still pretty good value.
Lingard will be the bargain of the year in Italy.

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
There's a real issue with the clubs PR team, at other clubs players are hyped to the heavens but at United players are seen as either past it or not good enough.

I think the club should focus on increasing players reputations under ETH even when we know they are not so good for us, look at what they are good at and hype that so we can get a good amount of clubs circling for a possible transfer out with reasonable offers.

Take Bissaka for thought, when he first came everyone was raving about how good he was and how far he could possibly improve but that hasn't happened in my imo, so what could the club do from a PR prospective to keep his value up? I think the PR team should be making a compilation video of players we would actually want to sell, for every good moments they've had at the club or from the current season to showcase to fans and other clubs that this players are still good in so and so areas.

Reactions: Dargonk

Idxomer

Roma couldn’t and wouldn’t pay more than 10M for Chris Smalling and now they want to pay 30M for this guy. Yeah right :lol:
They paid 15m for him and they did spend a lot of money last summer.

Hughes35

Good move all around if he goes to Roma IMO.

1. A defensive manager getting a good defensive RB
2. Think he'd suit the Italian League
3. Other English players to help him settle
4. Our new manager wants ball players so AWB doesn't fit here
5. 30 million added to our transfer rebuild

Just makes so much sense, hope this goes through quickly.

Teja

I hope Palace wise up and pay the fee for him too. He's still a great fullback option in the PL.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Hopefully there's a bidding war. He's extremely vulnerable in the air, he was targeted relentlessly this season.

Zippycup

You've posted distance stats rather than sprints which is what the poster was talking about.

I've seen it plenty of times too. He has a very lackadaisical approach to getting back sometimes. He jogs back towards goal and it is infuriating.
I appreciate that.
However, for me it shows that the wide players aren't working hard enough to support the wing backs.

Could AWB work harder? Yes. Truth is they all could.
Obviously it's all about opinions, but I don't believe he's a lazy player, I just think he isn't good enough

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
That article quotes United would demand €30M for him, not that Roma would pay that...

They go on mentioning Dalot as another player Mou likes who'd be much cheaper

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's simply not true.

Would it be fair to say that because you don't like the above players you have created a bit of a false narrative about them?

It happens. I've done it myself, however AWB and McTominay are not lazy players.

I'd even go as far as saying that If I was going to pick lazy players for United this season, those two wouldn't even be in the conversation.
They aren't the worst in the squad, but they both are definitely bad for just slowly jogging back once the opposition get in behind them. Whether it's laziness or whether it's them mentally checking out once the ball is far enough away from them, the result is the same.

There was the very blatant moment with McTominay where he did just that, forcing Fred to come from a good 10 metres further away and literally having to run past McTominay and eventually making the tackle to win the ball back. AWB's bad at it too. It actually reminds me of what we used to criticise Evra for in his final few seasons where he'd be lazy getting back to defend sometimes, but Evra obviously was providing so much going forward that it was still worth it. AWB doesn't provide much to the team getting forward, so he certainly can't afford any laziness with his defensive work.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I hope the Italy rumors are true. Like others have mentioned he could do well there.

The only downfall I see for him there is his lack of technical ability. Serie A is still a pretty high quality league imo but I I think under a tactical manger like Jose he'll do great.

LuckyScout78

Not world class CB. But at this moment and last season. I have always prefer Bissaka over Dalot.

Defend come first. Look at Chelsea last season in champion league and REal Madrid champion league champions. A strong defend win you titles.
Dalot should have better crosser. But this year i haven't much of Dalot crosser. Then defend one on one. Bissaka is far superioir than Dalot.

Not only about Bissaka. Bruno, Maguire, Rashford and many many others players do sruggled a lot this season.

Give Bissaka more attack freedom. Demand and ask him to attack the ball and run more forward. Then i think you will see a better offensive Bissaka.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Why is anyone surprised? We fecking gave these players shit loads on wages. Cant shift them

Dominos

Can’t see anyone paying 30m for him sadly
We need to stop asking for too much then and take the best offer we get. We cannot keep these players on our books indefinitely because no one matches our personal valuation of them, loaning them out doesn't help us in the slightest.

Andrew7582

We can't sell anyone, everyone's going out on loan :lol: (or leaving on a free)

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Dalot, Wan-Bissaka, Williams. At least one of them has to go, assuming no right-back will be brought in.

van Nistelrooy

He's bad at attacking. Something Antiono Valencia (our captain) was bad at for most of his time at the club.

AWB is one of the best tacklers in the game today. No question. I'd rather have him as our bench RB who could come on to defend a lead, opposed to allowing him to thrive elsewhere.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I'm normally not one for playing players out of position, but I always thought AWB may have potential as a destroyer-type CB. He has the physical attributes, the tackling ability, and he's strong one-on-one. He just happens to be useless at everything you'd expect a fullback at a top club to be able to do.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
He's bad at attacking. Something Antiono Valencia (our captain) was bad at for most of his time at the club.

AWB is one of the best tacklers in the game today. No question. I'd rather have him as our bench RB who could come on to defend a lead, opposed to allowing him to thrive elsewhere.
It's an insult to Valencia to include him in the same sentence as Wan-Bissaka.

Wan-Bissaka is good at tackling but not good enough defensively. His awareness and positioning is terrible.

Dempsey19

He's only good at tackling 1v1. Other than that he's fairly bad.

His awareness and positioning is unbelievably poor which is my biggest gripe with him.

Andrew7582

We can just put Lindelof there or something if we want to do that. Having a back up RB that's totally unsuited to the system makes no sense, if the first choice gets injured you're up shit creek.

ThanksBoss26

Can’t see anyone paying 30m for him sadly
This is true unfortunately. Best bet might be getting a loan fee and his wages covered (although I reckon that end up only a portion knowing us) and hope he has a decent season to get about £20m next summer. Feels possible if he returns to his Palace form. Not ideal mind. Another I’d rather bin off asap.