Wan-Bissaka for sale

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Top teams can't seem to get good fees for deadwood any more. Lo Celso has come off a good loan spell where he reached the CL semi final and is still a starter for Argentina but the best offer for him was a loan with a 15m option in. No one wants Winks or Reguillon and we had to let Dele go for basically free.
There is a market for players that are under 25 and have some degree of talent, even if they didn't make it at a top club, if the player himself wants to leave. There is certainly a market for Reguilon, just not for 25m. He was a 10-15m player who didn't play much for a year. Lo Celso is on fairly high wages and also already over 25; there is still a market, but you can't expect a high fee. I don't think that Dele really ever wanted to step down to a club with lower statue.

Wan-Bissaka is a bit of an outlier, because he is a genuinely terrible footballer, who is now on (relatively) high wages.

Flying_Heckfish

Add ons like what?
Ballon d'Or :D

Seriously though, he is worth a chunk more than £10m. Clubs are using the current situation to take the mick.

He will look much better at Palace, then we will look like mugs. £20m-ish with a sell-on, maybe we can talk.

If not, keep him for the inevitable injury pile-up.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Ballon d'Or :D

Seriously though, he is worth a chunk more than £10m. Clubs are using the current situation to take the mick.

He will look much better at Palace, then we will look like mugs. £20m-ish with a sell-on, maybe we can talk.
Yeah, £10m is absurd. Such a crazy loss of value.

Yakuza_devils

It's our ridiculous wage structure which hamstrings us when selling players. Almost every player we have is significantly over-paid in comparison with similar players anywhere else. As such if we want to actually sell them we have to compensate for the buying club having to pay those extra wages by dropping the transfer fee (unless the player is desperate enough to leave that they are willing to take a pay decrease...which won't happen often).

Not sure if it's accurate but most reports seem to have AWB as the third highest paid rightback in the league, behind only TAA and Walker.
100%. This is also the reason that we seem to be unable to offload deadwoods.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
OK. Never expected to see such a thing in association with AWB! Almost surreal.
I mean £10m is taking the piss, but I think we could convince them to offer £15m with the £5m add ons if possible.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just like other mentioned Lukaku as example. If the player is not the right fit, it is better to part way, get some money back and get the player off the wage bill. The value of that player is determined by the market. Clubs do make mistake on getting the wrong players for big fee. Arsenal has Pepe, Chelsea has Lukaku. Arsenal still have an extremely hard time to get Pepe off the book.
I think he just needs to go on loan if the only offer is 10m, that's probably the equivalent of them writing off the last installment for what we paid for him, so it's not even close to a fair valuation by them.
I don't quite believe Patrick Vieira is interested in Wan-Bissaka anyway. He doesn't seem a right fit for his playing style.
He's currently playing Clyne, so not sure I agree with that.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I don't quite believe Patrick Vieira is interested in Wan-Bissaka anyway. He doesn't seem a right fit for his playing style.

DavelinaJolie

It's our ridiculous wage structure which hamstrings us when selling players. Almost every player we have is significantly over-paid in comparison with similar players anywhere else. As such if we want to actually sell them we have to compensate for the buying club having to pay those extra wages by dropping the transfer fee (unless the player is desperate enough to leave that they are willing to take a pay decrease...which won't happen often).

Not sure if it's accurate but most reports seem to have AWB as the third highest paid rightback in the league, behind only TAA and Walker.
Absolutely the case, and there's an argument to be made that the club overpays too quickly and pays younger players too much. The problem is the ever upward spiral of wages amongst top teams means they can only really sell to each other, or let players go on frees, and because Utd have players that just aren't good enough for that level, there's no one to sell to for a decent price.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He's currently playing Clyne, so not sure I agree with that.
Just a quick check he has Joel Ward and Clyne for the right back position. For a club like Crystal Palace I am pretty sure they can't afford to have 3 RB in their squad.

Siorac

Yeah, £10m is absurd. Such a crazy loss of value.
But it's only crazy relative to the money we paid for him. If you look at his actual ability (and his wages)... it's about right. We certainly can't expect much more.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
But it's only crazy relative to the money we paid for him. If you look at his actual ability (and his wages)... it's about right. We certainly can't expect much more.
Damn you and your logic. Just sickening we’ve essentially loaned him for a few years at Wonga interest rates. Ugh.

CloneMC16

Arsenal can only loan their unwanted players out and even need to pay part of their salaries for the past 2 seasons, and then either let them leave for free, or sold for 5 to 8m. Edu said it himself there is no market for overpaid, underachieved and unwanted players. I think 10m is a good offer.
Exactly and United has it even worse than Arsenal. Pretty much all of our players are on ridiculous money. Nobody is paying a decent transfer fee, while also giving them a wage comparable to what they make here. People keep pointing to Liverpool and Chelsea when they sell players, but their players aren't on contracts like ours. Woodward destroyed this club with the stupid contracts he gave out.

I don't think £10m is a good offer, but we're not going to get much better than that.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just a quick check he has Joel Ward and Clyne for the right back position. For a club like Crystal Palace I am pretty sure they can't afford to have 3 RB in their squad.
32 and 31 respectively. Ward played in the back 3 at the weekend as well. I'm pretty sure he'd be ahead of both.

Infra-red

Is he definitely worse than Dalot? I mean, Dalot is pretty bad and absolutely cannot defend. True, AWB can't pass, so perhaps that's a worse crime in an EtH system, but it doesn't seem like either of them are really viable.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Is he definitely worse than Dalot? I mean, Dalot is pretty bad and absolutely cannot defend. True, AWB can't pass, so perhaps that's a worse crime in an EtH system, but it doesn't seem like either of them are really viable.
I think it depends on the opponents. They are both nowhere near good enough. For Liverpool I'd rather go with AWB as we won't have possession and he's tough to get past, while Dalot has nothing defensively.

We should be shifting both, getting one in and promoting a youth/fringe player as cover, but Laird is now off on loan. Alas.

fallengt

Make it 20m and it'll be fair deal. He still can tackle, good for team that play with low block

tomaldinho1

Have to agree with posters here, unless we have another option would rather have a defensively solid Bissaka over a ineffective in all areas Dalot, TBH would rather give Laird a chance but clearly ETH does not fancy Bissaka, there is something gone on behind the scenes because he has been on the outs since Rangnick came in
Laird is on loan at QPR and had a good debut apparently. AWB is the lesser of two evils for me.

Gandalf

Make it 20m and it'll be fair deal. He still can tackle, good for team that play with low block
That is what we always do though and when he leaves on a free in 2 years time we will look back at the 10M we turned down in 2022 and the 2 years of wages wasted on him after that and kick ourselves. Not fit for purpose and no chance his value will increase from here so sell to the highest bidder even if its only 5M or 3M.

NoPace

I think Ward is basically their 4th or 5th CB now and they're gonna play 3 at the back more often. He'll be 33 soon and can't really get forward much anymore so not really a fullback.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The manager clearly wants him out. This is part of the lack of support I talk about. He shouldnot be here.

Orton

Ati-virus, keeps missing the n button
Ten million is better than No million. Nobody is stupid enough to pay for him because he’s just not very good. Him and Maguire on top of Sancho is the biggest waste of money ever.

DavelinaJolie

Ten million is better than No million. Nobody is stupid enough to pay for him because he’s just not very good. Him and Maguire on top of Sancho is the biggest waste of money ever.
Yeah, can't operate on the sunk cost fallacy, if he isn't good get what you can, get his wages off the books and move on. Sticking with players that aren't good enough is part of what got the team in this mess.

Bello Giacomo

Supports
Genoa
Surprise at no interest by Manchester in Kehrer from PSG who go West Ham. Very good attacking right back.

Dalot is not good and AWB so so limited. Recruitment very strange

reelworld

Arsenal can only loan their unwanted players out and even need to pay part of their salaries for the past 2 seasons, and then either let them leave for free, or sold for 5 to 8m. Edu said it himself there is no market for overpaid, underachieved and unwanted players. I think 10m is a good offer.
Exactly.
Arsenal did it right with how they move on their players. Money wise they're taking massive hit. But they are moving in the right direction. Even though I had doubts whether Arteta is the right man for them, I like how they fully backed their manager

izak

Supports
Glory Glory Red Devils
Sell for whatever you can get, he isn't good enough we need better.

come to think of it how come our Academy hasn't produced a top Right Back since Gary Neville?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Sell for whatever you can get, he isn't good enough we need better.

come to think of it how come our Academy hasn't produced a top Right Back since Gary Neville?
Hasn’t produced a top keeper ever. I guess you don’t necessarily get lucky in every position.

Bwuk

Honestly even if it's only 10m just take it and get him off the wage book.

I'd rather chuck Lindelof or McTominay at RB than see AWB start for us.

Dinghy

He'll go out on a loan and we'll cover at least half of his wages.

saint Jose

Yeah, can't operate on the sunk cost fallacy, if he isn't good get what you can, get his wages off the books and move on. Sticking with players that aren't good enough is part of what got the team in this mess.
I agree, why on earth did woodward think it was a good idea to fecking overpay and put every mediocre player on the squad a golden wages and million year contracts? This is why we cant get rid of slab head who will be more than happy to run out his contract because no one will come close to his insane wages he is currently on.

Best thing the club can do is to take to short term pain for the long term prosperity of the club. Rather get 10-20m PLUS
stabilizing the overinflated wage structure instead of him being on the bench all season before going for nothing..

Alemar

Honestly even if it's only 10m just take it and get him off the wage book.
I am pretty sure we will get 15 for him at least. Maybe even 15-20% sell on clause on top of that

Salwan

well, based on his profile, it will be difficult to get anybody other than relegation teams interested in AWB. that's what's driving his price down.