Warning Because Varun Disagreed with my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
Ok. Funnily enough, after starting this thread, I read @verum had edited and changed someone’s post because he doesn’t agree with their view. Was that something you all agreed he could go together?
I assume you mean Varun, and I don't know what you're talking about regarding the post. I have edited posts in the past where someone is close to a warning because of the post's content. That is an appropriate thing for us to do.

When I said we all talk about things I was referring to the QC warnings. We also all do mod tasks when we're online. It's a busy unpaid job on a free-to-join forum. We do it because we enjoy it, we like what Niall's established here and we value what the forum's all about.

I think you need to just put this in perspective. You haven't received a formal warning at work, it's just an online football forum which doesn't cost you anything.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I assume you mean Varun, and I don't know what you're talking about regarding the post. I have edited posts in the past where someone is close to a warning because of the post's content. That is an appropriate thing for us to do.

When I said we all talk about things I was referring to the QC warnings. We also all do mod tasks when we're online. It's a busy unpaid job on a free-to-join forum. We do it because we enjoy it, we like what Niall's established here and we value what the forum's all about.

I think you need to just put this in perspective. You haven't received a formal warning at work, it's just an online football forum which doesn't cost you anything.
In @varum case he completely changed the posters post for his own self amusement and had nothing to do with helping the poster.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Momo might be the one to lead us all in rebellion against our mod overlords. Or we could accept it is their forum to run as they see fit, and if you don't agree, there is a whole heap of other places to argue which United player is not good enough

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I remember receiving a warning for posting ‘it’s almost like he’s doing it on purpose at this stage’ after one of De Gea’s many blunders last season (which was a joke anyway), yet there was an entire thread accusing Pogba of pretending to be injured for months this season which was waved play on. It is what it is, just get on with it.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
In @varum case he completely changed the posters post for his own self amusement and had nothing to do with helping the poster.
When you're a mod you too can occasionally make your own entertainment but at present I can't see that happening soon.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
When you're a mod you too can occasionally make your own entertainment but at present I can't see that happening soon.
You don’t see how the behaviour of that one mod ruins credibility and trust?

Member 39557

Momo, Sometimes it's better to just bite your tongue and walk away.

Vroom and the mod team gave you a message about your posting. Take their advice and move on.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
He has to make entertainment at the expense of others who can’t even do the same back. Just like whoever edited my tag line?

Last edited:

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I remember receiving a warning for posting ‘it’s almost like he’s doing it on purpose at this stage’ after one of De Gea’s many blunders last season (which was a joke anyway), yet there was an entire thread accusing Pogba of pretending to be injured for months this season which was waved play on. It is what it is, just get on with it.
There’s no consistency... I think it partly depends on who reports it and which mod views the report.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
When it suits me :lol: but this is a free forum, if you don't like what goes on here then take your experience and opinions somewhere you feel they will be valued. I certainly wouldn't bang on and on about a mod's opinions or thoughts because you do yourself no favours.

You should have been here when @Hectic was a mod, he would have taken you off the board for being a twat, and to my mind there's some still on the mods who would. You must be on borrowed time my friend.

Member 39557

When it suits me :lol: but this is a free forum, if you don't like what goes on here then take your experience and opinions somewhere you feel they will be valued. I certainly wouldn't bang on and on about a mod's opinions or thoughts because you do yourself no favours.

You should have been here when @Hectic was a mod, he would have taken you off the board for being a twat, and to my mind there's some still on the mods who would. You must be on borrowed time my friend.
After altering half of moomoo's posts.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
After this thread, nobody will ever forget the names Vera and mimi.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
There’s no consistency... I think it partly depends on who reports it and which mod views the report.
Rather than getting hung up on who reported you or how it was handled (which has been addressed already) this might be a good time to think about what you could do differently. Not giving this thread anymore oxygen is probably a good place to start, as I'm sure you've probably exhausted the sympathy of even your supporters at this point.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
You’ve made your point @momo83 and had your answer more than once. In short, you’re on thin ice and complaining about it so much does your case no good. I suggest you take it on board and move on. You’re just going in circles now.

Close Shitters!

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
You’ve made your point @momo83 and had your answer more than once. In short, you’re on thin ice and complaining about it so much does your case no good. I suggest you take it on board and move on. You’re just going in circles now.

Close Shitters!
Had I logged on earlier than Niall @momo83 my intention was to give you a break from the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.