Was there a more beautiful player than Ronaldinho?

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Lamela looks pretty beautiful. He'd make a fit woman

AshRK

Just saw this on twitter. Ronaldinho is like Nesta who.

Zoo

Zidane is the most beautiful player I've seen.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Ronaldinho was the absolute best player I've ever seen at his peak.

He does things with the ball that most people can't even imagine because of how ridiculous it actually is.

Stacks

Maybe my favourite player but not the most beautiful - the likes of Zidane, Maradona and Iniesta are far more fluid players to watch whereas Ronaldinho was awkward in his style but I guess that's all subjective.
can you please eloborate? Zidane was more bulky and powerful but Ronandinho was silkier.
Aesthetically i prefer plenty of players over him. I'd never question his effectiveness and usually he was very good to watch especially his passing, but there was also a bit too much in the way of rehearsed looking street tricks, double stepovers etc. that while he deployed far more efficiently than most others that were fond of them are not really things i find most aesthetically pleasing about football. the exaggerated no-look passes, though they can be effective will also never be anything other than cheesy looking.
Its called the beautiful game

mu4c_20le

Zidane is the most beautiful player I've seen.
Bit ugly on the inside though, always knew he was a bit unhinged even before that WC.

Ronaldinho is one of the happiest players ive ever seen.

Krits

To me, he was the one player I'd always pay to watch. If I ever have kids (unlikely) or talk to my nephews and nieces I'd tell them about Ronaldinho over Ronaldo/Messi. It was a joy to watch him, not only with his tricks but just with the fact that it seemed like he was enjoying himself. You don't see that from players anymore. Too much reliance on tactics and very little creative freedom. Football is going down the route of Formula 1 slowly, where the thing that made the sport so incredible to watch is being slowly squeezed out of it.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
If there’s one downside to the reign of Messi and Ronaldo it’s in regards to the numbers they put up for over a decade with 35 plus goals every season. That has now become the barometer by which people judge “greatness”, stats will trump the genius you have to see to appreciate and understand

You see it already when pundits talk about players “yeah his good but to be great he needs to get more goals and assist” have heard this about Hazard, Pogba, Coutinho before leaving, De Bruyn, Silva list goes on and on... even recently people were saying Bale was better then Zidane simply because of stats.

Honestly get the impression that if Zidane played today, especially in England (not so much abroad as I noticed in Spain they still look beyond just goals / assists) he’d get slaughtered for his 2-10 goals max a season and the world record fee it take for a club to sign him.

Luke1995

Cristiano Ronaldo from 2003 to 2006 was all about skills, flair and tricks. If I could go back in time and get that Ronaldo to play for Juventus today, I absolutely would.

Ronaldo the brazilian one was as skilled as Ronaldinho, he had Messi's explosiveness aswell. IMO the three Ronaldos will always be the most aesthetically pleasing players.

diarm

You know when you knock a ball about with your infant nephew or your mates kids and you can flick it over, under and about them while barely trying, making them fall over and look silly for fun?

Ronaldinho used to do that to professional players.

BarstoolProphet

Still the only non-United player that made me subscribe to the league he was playing in solely just to get to watch him every week. Ronaldinho-Eto'o-Giuly, MSN could never get close.

Bobski

Have to strongly disagree with those saying Messi isn't in the same aesthetic levels of some of the other players mentioned. Maybe there's a Ronaldo bias on here and some have tried to boil it down to stats but to watch Messi play a full game is to be absolutely dazzled. Absolutely stunningly entertaining little genius of a footballer.
I agree, but I think we talk about football has become so stats based, driven by Ronaldo v Messi. The only way that is an argument is when stats are thrown in, otherwise it is an easy decision, obsession with stats and productivity has lead to a loss of appreciation of expression in football.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
At his peak he was the best, by some distance, that I've seen in my 40+ years watching football.

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I actually think, on the pitch, he was the greatest player I’ve ever seen.

Unfortunately, off the pitch he was an absolute nightmare and the reason he was shipped out of Barcelona. He was a bad influence on a young Lionel Messi. I was told Messi had crashed his car a few times whilst being under the influence after attending a few of Ronaldinho’s bashes!

SteveW

I agree, but I think we talk about football has become so stats based, driven by Ronaldo v Messi. The only way that is an argument is when stats are thrown in, otherwise it is an easy decision, obsession with stats and productivity has lead to a loss of appreciation of expression in football.
Absolutely. It's such a reductive way to look at such an interesting sport.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"

From all the GOATs, Maradona is the only one that can rival him. He's had infinite amount of tricks and insane skill moves that he used so often (and so efficiently!). The only difference is, Maradona is a huge cnut and Ronaldinho is one of the most likeable characters the football had ever seen.
loved Maradona, just watched this.

is 9 him??

fps

Just a wonderful, wonderful player, such joy, such smiles his play brought!

The comparisons with Messi are silly though, Messi took everything in his arsenal and honed it to kill every single team he plays against. Ronaldinho took everything he had and let the party life take over. Still, those three years or so, some of the most joyous performances, a fully-realised peak of astronomical proportions. I'm smiling just thinking about him playing!

Masskh

Nowadays, you can not see these type of players like Ronaldinho because he was not predictable and you have to be the most predictable to get integrated into modern system

Ooge_

Supports
Werder
Zizou, Micoud, Riquelme, Scholes, Xavi, Iniesta.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
He saved Barça in 04-06 from 2000-03. Became lazy-unprofessional after 2006, but even then he taught Messi everything he knew.

Same way some new star should save Man Utd from 2014-19. But, who?