Kick-off
Sat, 20 November 2021 @ 3:00pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Hoof the ball

Okay, I want to take this moment to point out that this is what pressing looks like; and no, I'm not just talking about all the running Watford are doing, but just how many of their men are in our half when we have the ball.

Phases, waves, layers, whatever you want to call it. It exists and it is about competency, coaching and organisation. Ole couldn't stumble into a press if he worked in a newspaper printing factory.

redom

At this point he may as well just go fully bonkers, stick Ronnie in net, De Gea in midfield, Bruno as lino and himself up front. Go out with a full on meltdown.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    He's taking the piss now. Donny and Martial at half time. What a joke.

midou

I'm at work and only catching odd bits on the radio.

1. are we just playing crap.
    2. Watford are playing well.
    3. The tactics are all wrong
    4. or All of the above ?
    1 - yes
    2 - they are playing competently, nothing fancy
    3 - there are no tactics

Rashford? You must be joking. When he loses the ball, he gives up and does nothing. A one way player he isn't up to being a number one striker.
    People (rightfully) ragged on Martial for his lack of intensity...but Rashford is next level. Doesn't even pretend to track back, doesn't press, refuses to even jump for contested headers. Stats show he does significantly less out of possession than Martial, even at Tony's worst.

Local lad, loves the club etc...just don't ask him to do anything to actively help.

What a great cultural reboot, when half the players look like they don't give the slightest shit.

KennyBurner

Sancho's on the right. Martial never plays there.
    He has been on the left for 80% of the first half. He is too casual and weak of a player to be starting right now. That second goal was him taking his sweet precious time defending while we are under pressure.

Ranchero

At least the players look like they actually give a shit, even if they don't play like it.
    This is a display from players who give a shit? Man we really are in dire straits. You're wrong. They have downed tools. They are going thro the motions. It is on-field fakery

RedMarcus

Utterly shocking. Ole has lost the players and is devoid of any ideas. He simply has to walk this evening. The season can still be saved if the club act now.

Ollie Derbyshire

If we are to be considered a serious club again, cause at the minute we’re a laughing stock, we need to go out and pay for the best manager and coaching team we can get no matter the cost.

Like someone said earlier, with some of the players we have playing like this is really some achievement.

Bobski

This what I've said. You have a striker who not responsible for defending which understandable. But the we have the likes of Bruno, Rashford and Sancho who can't or won't defend then supporters are wondering why the two in midfield are a shambles. You xan't expect two to do tge job of gourmet or five while four or four float. You need to play three genuine midfielders and that doesn't include a Bruno or a Mata or a Lingard.
    I would take Lingard starting right now, at least for all his limitations you will get an honest effort out of him.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
    disgraceful, players and management are so far from the standard required. Top 4 becoming an impossibility at this stage

Kaos

Ronaldo will bail us out again, securing a 2-2 draw. Maguire will do the ears, Ole will triumphantly punch his fists in the air, and Woodward will give Ole the rest of the reason as "we kick on".

R'hllor

Love how everyone trying to wash their hands from this and go full amnesia mode.

Red Rash

M.E.N. ratings.

HT | 2-0KEY EVENT
    How the United players have rated so far
    De Gea
    One-man defence. 8
    Wan-Bissaka
    How is he still starting? 2
    Lindelof
    Plodding. 4
    Maguire
    Saved United a few times. 7
    Shaw
    Done next to nothing. 5
    McTominay
    Sloppy. 3
    Matic
    Ponderous. 3
    Fernandes
    Dreadful. 2
    Sancho
    Looks confused. 3
    Rashford
    Drew a save. 4
    Ronaldo
    Done nothing. 3
    Very generous with some of those scores

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
    Scout
    No. And why are Rashford and Sancho switching?
    I don't know the back four is roughly where it is supposed to be but does everything poorly, Matic did okay and the rest are on the pitch but I don't know why.

I would love to know what De Gea thinks, the sight must be glorious. :lol:

Abraxas

I mean, it's a bit random to pull this out of this complete clusterfeck, but Rashford... absolutely appalling work-rate. Loses the ball high up the pitch and just stands there. No effort at all to help out the rest of the unit. All our forwards are complete passengers, it's as if they think they're immune to hard work.

It's not helping. We're defending crap that is clear but how difficult it must be for our defence with only a couple guys in front of them.

RUCK4444

Okay, I want to take this moment to point out that this is what pressing looks like; and no, I'm not just talking about all the running Watford are doing, but just how many of their men are in our half when we have the ball.

Phases, waves, layers, whatever you want to call it. It exists and it is about competency, coaching and organisation. Ole couldn't stumble into a press if he worked in a newspaper printing factory.
    Who is this in aid of? I agree but everybody here knows what a press is don’t they

Lee565

I'm sick of these players. You can change the manager but some of these players have shown they are utterly spineless, and no amount of coaching is going to change that.
    This is bloody ole's built squad, your acting like this is the same exact players that were here when moyes, lvg and Mourinho got sacked

Oranges038

Cleverly is cosched by Raineri, McFred are coached by Ole. That’s the only difference.
    Not at all.

Cleverly has had more managers than just ranieri, he's been around for a long time.

He's just a better footballer than them both, even when he was at Utd. It's that simple.

Ollie Derbyshire

This is a display from players who give a shit? Man we really are in dire straits. You're wrong. They have downed tools. They are going thro the motions. It is on-field fakery
    Sadly, they’ve looked like this for the best part of 2yrs. We never play with intensity, we never sprint, we never pass the ball quickly.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

:lol:

Blood Mage

We're in a death spiral. Even Moyes looked closer to turning things around towards the end of his reign than Ole does right now.

James35

We'll probably come back and win this with an undeserved 90 plus minute winner. Even if this happens this completely garbage manager and coaches have to do one.

However the club is so far in the toilet they will probably finalise Carrick and McKenna new contracts on Monday.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
    If Ole loves the club he should resign.
    Preach but I almost wish he stays long enough for this to come to a boiling point and reignite the protests. No matter tha manager, we won't be winning feck all with the American leeches in charge.

steffyr2

People (rightfully) ragged on Martial for his lack of intensity...but Rashford is next level. Doesn't even pretend to track back, doesn't press, refuses to even jump for contested headers. Stats show he does significantly less out of possession than Martial, even at Tony's worst.

Local lad, loves the club etc...just don't ask him to do anything to actively help.

What a great cultural reboot, when half the players look like they don't give the slightest shit.
    Looks like he's lost the players.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Donny van de Beek image Donny van de Beek 74% of 270 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

3.7 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 278 ratings.