Wayne Rooney | 2011/12 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaldwinLegend

Anyone else feel a bit sorry for him at the moment?

Just heard Hansen say Silva is ahead of him at the moment in terms of PL players. I couldn't have seen that happening just a few weeks ago - looked all set for getting seriously back on track and having a blinding season and I thought he'd really push on.

He's never quite looked the same since his Dad's arrest and the England red card and is now being played in CM. The worry for me is that he could have really established himself as the best striker around this season. Hard to do that at the moment, especially as he's lost the chance to impose himself on the Euros at the end of the season as well...

What's happened to his Dad btw, anyone?

Mick1991

Yep, he always (big exaggeration) seems to be the bloke to fill a hole (on and off the pitch). It must be pretty hard to get your rhythm back when you swap positions but hopefully he'll be back up top soon.

His eagerness to try anywhere is refreshing to see in modern football when players sometimes get a bit stroppy when not played in their natural/best position but it can sometimes be a weakness, I suppose.

kietotheworld

Not sure it's anything to do with his dad's arrest and the red, it was around that time that he started being dropped for strange reasons and played in unusual positions. Liverpool away he was dropped, and came on to play in CM, Manchester City he was played in CM for half he game, in the games against Galati he spent much of the game there, against Everton he plaayed in a pretty unusual position, its no surprise he's looked out of sorts.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Not in the England squad so he'll get two weeks rest which should do him some good and hopefully allow to rediscover the best of his form.

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
For me Rooney IS our guy.. He is our MVP. I don't really care what Hansen says, what does this guy know?!

I think when Cleverly is back Rooney will move forwards, and hopefully he'll get back to his earlier scoring form this season.. Not that he is doing a bad job in the midfield, on the contrary, he's done pretty well and it's such a luxury to have a player who can perform this well in two different positions, but because we need him more upfront.

There is still long way to go this season to make such judgments..

Anderson8

He's going through his usual dry patch in-front of goal. Hasn't scored in the Premier League since a few weeks before his red card against Montenegro, and his only goals since then were the penalties against Galati and his deflected goal against them (which may go down as an own goal).

Obviously he's been playing in midfield the last few games, but it appears his goal count has been affected by our change in style - from our 'cavalier' opening games to our more compact approach recently.

Hopefully he gets one soon and gets back into a streak, we look far better when he's dangerous in front of goal.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Get him a proper midfield who's able to create chances and he will score for fun again

KGBhoy

Anyone else annoyed by Wayne's shooting lately? Not the lack of accuracy, but at the strange options he's taking. It's almost as if he's trying to score a cracker every time.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Anyone else annoyed by Wayne's shooting lately? Not the lack of accuracy, but at the strange options he's taking. It's almost as if he's trying to score a cracker every time.
Against Swansea he tried that one lame long range nothing shot but otherwise he wasn't even much of a goal threat, forget audacious efforts. I really hope he can get his form back. Wayne should be aiming at the consistency silva is showing.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
We're in flux at the moment. No real continuity of personel, we haven't had to extend ourselves since City, feels like we're playing in second gear. No real collective force of will apart from the ever-present imperative to win. Rooney's our main goal threat, then our creative force in midfield, then a deep-lying second striker. We do regularly have spells like this pre-Christmas. I'm not too worried. However, I was SO excited to see him get going this year, and this faffing around has made it difficult for him ( and the team as a whole) to settle into a rythm. Feels like he's treading water when I thought this season would see him launched in to the stratosphere.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
He actually played quite well. Couple of poor decisions in front of goal but completed 96% of his passes and put one on a plate for Hernandez. Have to bear in mind that the service from the wings was nonexistent.

Young crossing from the right would help. But we're aversed to trying it even for a few mins.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
It's not like he hasn't been tried there in his career before, he's played close to 300 professional games. You'd think by now he (never mind his coaches) would know where he's best suited.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Would like to see Young back in the team with Berbatov playing the deeper role with Rooney up top.

Sir A1ex

Lately? This has been going on for years... when he's scoring the simpler ones, nobody minds, but when he's on one of his barren runs it's feckin frustrating.

There were at least another three silly lob (or similar) attempts on Saturday, one of which was hilariously bad and bounced about two foot in front of him before bobbling and rolling through to the goalie.

We've had this debate plenty of times, including just a few weeks back, but just cut it out Wayne, they never, ever, come off!

wr8_utd

:'(
Has a rubbish game and then comes up with a beauty of a goal like that. He's obviously world class and I don't even know why that's something to debate.

wr8_utd

:'(
Today Rooney made his 300th #BPL appearance at the age of 26 years and 58 days - the youngest to reach this milestone in BPL.

Bloody hell he's played a lot. Can he go on to play more than Giggs though? Reckon he'll touch around 700 at best.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
getting back to world class form just at the right time. back scoring goals. her's hoping this 'spurt' lasts well into february.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Liked his direct approach a lot today, looked to try and dribble with the ball and attack the opposition a lot more than before. Played very well in the second half i thought, apart from 1 or 2 miss placed passes. Crucial in our win, motm for me too.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
I think some people are exaggerrating how good he was today. He did play well, but he was anonymous in the first half and decent in the second half.

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
I think some people are exaggerrating how good he was today. He did play well, but he was anonymous in the first half and decent in the second half.
He wasn't great, but good signs that he drove with the ball at every opportunity given. Haven't seen him do that in a while.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Was really refreshing to see him running at the heart of a defence like he used to.....cfc shit themselves every time he did.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He wasn't great, but good signs that he drove with the ball at every opportunity given. Haven't seen him do that in a while.
Agreed.

Really miss the Rooney that gets the ball, turns on it, and drives with it.

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
The sky picks for MOTM are always terrible and today was no different. Fair play to Rooney for those two spot kicks, both brilliantly taken but no way was he the best player on the pitch. He had so many mis-placed passes I'd love to see his pass completion percentage for the game but he kept looking for the ball and trying again which is great to see.

But the amount of sheep on here that gave him MOTM just because Alan Smith was told by his boss to give it to an Englishman shows how little a lot of our fans know about football.

But anyway who cares. He didn't have a great game today but when on form he's unstoppable

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
19 goals this season.

Sonny Feehan

Sometimes I wonder if people rate the players without watching the game. Rooney had a decent game and took two excellent pens but he was no one near man of the match. Both Carrick and Rafael were far superior today.

TheReligion

Abusive
The sky picks for MOTM are always terrible and today was no different. Fair play to Rooney for those two spot kicks, both brilliantly taken but no way was he the best player on the pitch. He had so many mis-placed passes I'd love to see his pass completion percentage for the game but he kept looking for the ball and trying again which is great to see.

But the amount of sheep on here that gave him MOTM just because Alan Smith was told by his boss to give it to an Englishman shows how little a lot of our fans know about football.

But anyway who cares. He didn't have a great game today but when on form he's unstoppable
What absolute bollocks

Funny though

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Great desire, and drove us forward, plus smacked in those two penalties. But, if he'd just been a bit more accurate with his final pass, we would probably have won that match.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
Yeah I thought he was driving us on, but he really should've done better a couple of times when Welbeck and Chicharito was on their way clean through.

Status
Not open for further replies.