Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Some guy on talksport now, sorry didnt catch the name - maybe Jamie something, says Rooney 100% didn't officially ask to leave the club. Apparently he went to Fergie to ask for assurances that he's still part of the club's plans. I guess when Fergie told him that he's retiring at the end of the season, Rooney must of thought he was in a bit of limbo of some sort.

It is an interesting development. Why didnt Rooney's camp come out with this sooner? Maybe now he's decided he wants to stay, he feels he should quash the statement that he put in a transfer request.

It would be a ridiculous lie to make. The club could quiet easily just say "ehh, yeah, you definitely did ask to leave". So, I wouldn't say it's total bullshit.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Talksport in "taking Rooney's side (again)" Shock!
Phone in now with your bone-headed views!*

*Calls cost £50 per second.

psychdelicblues

Some guy on talksport now, sorry didnt catch the name - maybe Jamie something, says Rooney 100% didn't officially ask to leave the club. Apparently he went to Fergie to ask for assurances that he's still part of the club's plans. I guess when Fergie told him that he's retiring at the end of the season, Rooney must of thought he was in a bit of limbo of some sort.

It is an interesting development. Why didnt Rooney's camp come out with this sooner? Maybe now he's decided he wants to stay, he feels he should quash the statement that he put in a transfer request.

It would be a ridiculous lie to make. The club could quiet easily just say "ehh, yeah, you definitely did ask to leave". So, I wouldn't say it's total bullshit.
Fergie never stated he did.

Phil

381 pages and I've hardly read any of it, completely indifferent. Is this a common view?

LARulz

Or what Wayne? You'll hand in a transfer request? Wind your neck in Wayne, get a good preseason in and prove why you hunk you're worth starting up front and not being subbed.
:lol: exactly. What the hell will change from the current situation if we don't say sorry (assuming his side of the story is correct). Whatever happens, this summer we either get rid or get him to sign a new contract, or get shafted next season.

SteveJ

Scout
I fecking dread the prospect of reading - in some years' time, perhaps when Sir Alex has passed on - revelations in Wayne's latest autobiography that "the ill-tempered Scot had a vendetta, and forced Wayne out of his beloved United". And no, this isn't the usual anti-Rooney muppet's fevered imaginings; he did it to Moyes, and it turned out to be a pack of lies. But feel free to consider the prospect of Wayne acting in a dishonest & selfish way as "biased SteveJ just hating Rooney for his past misdemeanours" *yawn* (I don't hate Wayne at all - I just want him to actually want to play for United). SAF gave United so much and yet we're being asked to give Wayne every benefit of the doubt going, to the detriment of Sir Alex's reputation of putting the club first.

7dan

Its getting tickly now–squeaky-bum time, I call it
I fecking dread the idea of reading - in some years' time, perhaps when Sir Alex has passed on - revelations in Wayne's latest autobiography that "the ill-tempered Scot had a vendetta, and forced Wayne out of his beloved United". And no, this isn't the usual anti-Rooney muppet's fevered imaginings; he did it to Moyes, and it turned out to be a pack of lies. But feel free to consider the prospect of Wayne acting in a dishonest & selfish way as "biased SteveJ just hating Rooney for his past misdemeanours" (yawn). SAF gave United so much and yet we're being asked to give Wayne every benefit of the doubt going, to the detriment of Sir Alex's reputation of putting the club first.

If there was a clapping smiley id put it right here ...

shaggy

Prefers blue over red, loathed by Spurs fans
If Rooney is actually on 300k it would be an enormous waste of money on the club's part. And good post Steve, agree with that, sounds like something Rooney would claim.

Platato

Psst!
First of all, everyone knows he didn't make a formal request. SAF acknowledged that and if he did make a formal written request, the world would know about it. That never happened so most of the furore has been media talk and very little in terms of official announcements. Rooney's camp are targeting a non-existent issue and have done so throughout the whole saga. Even if this article isn't true, they've made attempts in the press to put Sir Alex in the wrong. For that reason, I partially want Wayne to leave. I get the feeling he feels if he whines enough, he'll get what he wants. It'd be nice to see a sort of "enough is enough" statement from the club.

Once again, we know he didn't make a formal transfer request but Sir Alex also acknowledged his desire to leave. How does that equal a formal request? If targeting SAF is how they think they can repair Rooney's image with the fans then good riddance. Waste of everyone's time.

The Neviller

In my opinion he should feck off now. He demanded competition and he got competition with RVP. Its no one's fault that Dutch man is a better striker then he is and that Rooney lacks the football brain to play effectively in another position.

Lets get 30-40m out of him and invest it in some real top talent. Ronaldo seems to want to leave and he's ten times the player Rooney is.
"He's shite, and not good enough to play for a top side like United. Let's sell him for £30-40million".

Do some of you read what you've written before you post?

Iron Stove

I love watching Rooney play for United, but it's really frustrating backing a player who's made a fool of himself and gone against the club twice now. It was a bit weird seeing SAF throwing Rooney under the bus just as we won the league and he was retiring, but there isn't anyone around I would trust with knowing what's best for the club more than Sir Alex. Think Rooney must have thrown demands / threats around and SAF called his bluff.

Believe Rooney and his advisers should have known better and now he finds himself in this predicament and it's all his own doing.. again!

Then you've got to wonder how much milage he has left since he has, much like Torres, played an awful lot of football for his age and hardly seems to have that Giggsy-like dedication to living a healthy lifestyle. With Kagawa looking promising as AM, Hernandez and Welbeck being great forward alternatives to RVP and hopefully a new quality midfield option on the way, maybe it's the right time to cash in.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Has Rooney made any comment on his facebook or twitter accounts saying he didn't ask for a transfer?
I've not seen anything by him and they would be the best places for him to address the issues since they are his personal pages

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
I ask myself what I prefer if I have to choose between Rooney stays for 250K (or whatever it is) or signing Thiago for 125k? We know what we have with all the good and the bad stuff but right now I'm not so sure any longer. Maybe it's time to refresh and build something new, to be honest I don't know.

wr8_utd

:'(
We don't need to sell Rooney to fund a signing or get him off the wages to pay our new signings so I don't see why that keeps being brought up.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
We don't need to sell Rooney to fund a signing or get him off the wages to pay our new signings so I don't see why that keeps being brought up.
How do you now that?

How many players do you think the club can easily sustain at the 200k+ mark over an extended period? Rooney hasn't even demonstrated that he should be rewarded with a top tier sum like that over a 3-4 year lifespan.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
We don't need to sell but maybe we need to change other things. Get ride of bad attitude's among certain players would be a good start...

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It was my understanding all along that Rooney didn't put in a written transfer request this time but gave Fergie enough ammunition to hang him out to dry as a final act of revenge for the time he did.

It's also my understanding that the club is happy to sell Rooney to help fund Ronaldo, Bale or whoever. And I don't think many fans are bothered about the club cashing in on player who may have reached his peak.

If he didn't want to leave to begin with, he should now.

MoneyMay

It was my understanding all along that Rooney didn't put in a written transfer request this time but gave Fergie enough ammunition to hang him out to dry as a final act of revenge for the time he did.

It's also my understanding that the club is happy to sell Rooney to help fund Ronaldo, Bale or whoever. And I don't think many fans are bothered about the club cashing in on player who may have reached his peak.

If he didn't want to leave to begin with, he should now.
And that's what I enjoyed the most.

SteveJ

Scout
We all know that SAF could be emotional, and bear grudges...but it's just as likely that he could've felt let down by Wayne (just as Wayne might feel that SAF wasn't supportive of him in recent times); who knows?

The Neviller

Yes. It's not weird. What Rooney did to Fergie in 2010 was appalling. Fergie had the "last laugh"...
Yeah, that's not weird at all. This isn't a soap opera, it's football. Enjoying having all this uncertainty and bad blood around one of our players is nothing to enjoy.

MoneyMay

Yeah, that's not weird at all. This isn't a soap opera, it's football. Enjoying having all this uncertainty and bad blood around one of our players is nothing to enjoy.
Yeah, you're right. It was nothing to enjoy in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.