g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevilRed

Just needs to be shown some love by the support (which was great today) and Moyes. Stop playing him on the wing or in midfield and let him partner RVP upfront. I think there is still time to salvage the real Wayne Rooney this season and with a new manager in, what better chance?

The White Pele

Why? Not every player in the team is there.

I take your point but usually you would see Rooney joining in with the celebrations. Granted, on the 4th one he was fouled but that image of the 3rd is not the kind of behaviour you see from him usually. It may be that he just feels awkward given the current situation or it may just be that we're reading way too much into every little thing he does or doesn't do like we have all summer!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Just needs to be shown some love by the support (which was great today) and Moyes. Stop playing him on the wing or in midfield and let him partner RVP upfront. I think there is still time to salvage the real Wayne Rooney this season and with a new manager in, what better chance?

He's been shown plenty of love in the past and was pretty much completely forgiven by the fans for declaring that he wanted to leave a few years back. He has to earn his place up front and for the moment I'd go with Van Persie and Welbeck which looks like it could work well.

The Neviller

Personally I feel sorry for him, having a dream job, loving and VERY forgiving wife, 2 kids, a place at the biggest football club in the world that regularly wins trophies, being the centre of his countries football hopes and enough money to Persue any possible dream or ambition he may have. What a shit life, I bet we would all look like mardy arsed spoilt children too if we had to suffer like that!
He's probably read your posts in here. Or had someone read them out for him, at least.

They skip over ghaliboys posts.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Rooney clapped back at the fans though. A couple of guys I know were at the game and both of them confirmed it.

besty1

Smart management from Moyes towards the end by taking RVP off and giving Rooney his stint up top on his own, as the main man.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
What his contribution has to do with his body language?
He was still trying his best- surely that is a positive, body language aside.

it's about comparisons....from all his seasons before... a happy United Rooney celebrated like all the rest of them, sometimes even more. It's very very obvious today that he's been advised to be subdued....

How on earth would you know if he has been advised to do that or just genuinely doesn't want to be there and feels awkward and depressed. God knows how the other players are with him in the dressing room right now.

togg

I don't know why people are disagreeing with this...it's bloody obvious he is sending a message while the transfer window is open and rumours are flying about with chelsea about to put another bid in and Arsne, after today, burying his ego and possibly finally going to spend the alledged monster load of cash he has at his disposal. I reckon today Rooney saw a team he would still like to be a part of, but it can no longer be on his terms...RVP is fecking number one, but that doesn't mean Wayne can't be equal to that is a different way, as he proved today. Now if only someone could communicate that to him throught that ridiculously thick skull of his the better all of us would be...

DevilRed

Smart management from Moyes towards the end by taking RVP off and giving Rooney his stint up top on his own, as the main man.
Basically showing him the love he needs. I hope Moyes is genuine about not selling Rooney because I feel he could wipe the slate clean and motivate him enough to stay for the long term.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons

Yeah, but you said that you see some amateur body language readering, because his contribution was good, so I don't see point in that, contribution has nothing to do with his body language.

togg

How on earth would you know if he has been advised to do that or just genuinely doesn't want to be there and feels awkward and depressed. God knows how the other players are with him in the dressing room right now.
because that is what agents do...they advise their client to work the media...work system, work the papers..work twitter, work facebook...etc etc...it's their job. While the window is open, Rooney will be advised to behave a certain way. For god's sake, even Fergie talked about the devilment of agents and the ways they propagate to get their aims...

The Neviller

Yeah, but you said that you see some amateur body language readering, because his contribution was good, so I don't see point in that, contribution has nothing to do with his body language.
You probably are an amateur body language reader though.

QuackQuack

Handy with candles and exhausts
I wouldn't want us to sell Rooney to a direct rival. He might not have been his best today but we shouldn't forget what he is capable of achieving. If that is Rooney putting in a half arsed performance then imagine what he could do if he was fully motivated?

Ash_G

Like I said I think it will be similar until the window is closed and he's definitely not moving. At the end of the day he was clearly willing to work for the team, didn't do anything immature like hog the ball, give it a way cheaply etc, he did his job and got on with it, that's all he can do. I think what happens next week is gonna be really interesting, with a full weeks training there's no reason he couldn't start, but will we want to take that risk against Chelsea, surely there will be some potential conflict in his mind and a seconds doubt could easily turn the game.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
What's wrong with amateur body language reading? The forum would be a bit quiet if we didn't offer opinions on things we aren't professionally trained in.

togg

Like I said I think it will be similar until the window is closed and he's definitely not moving. At the end of the day he was clearly willing to work for the team, didn't do anything immature like hog the ball, give it a way cheaply etc, he did his job and got on with it, that's all he can do. I think what happens next week is gonna be really interesting, with a full weeks training there's no reason he couldn't start, but will we want to take that risk against Chelsea, surely there will be some potential conflict in his mind and a seconds doubt could easily turn the game.
nah..play a blinder against chelsea and it increases their resolve. If he really is interested in Chelsea than Moyes should play him because he will be so dam fired up to prove to Jose he should spend an extra 10 million to get him. So..play him against Chelsea...watch him score, play well etc...then a week later sell him to Arsenal...

Ash_G

nah..play a blinder against chelsea and it increases their resolve. If he really is interested in Chelsea than Moyes should play him because he will be so dam fired up to prove to Jose he should spend an extra 10 million to get him. So..play him against Chelsea...watch him score, play well etc...then a week later sell him to Arsenal...

Well it's a nice thought but that depends on whether its a question of money or us just not wanting to sell within the league.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
He does not look happy, no doubt about that at all. However, he signed a contact and he will honour it if we decide not to sell him. We wont be selling him to Chel$ki. Our American owners would rather run down his contract that let a Russian put one over on them.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He's always flailing his arms around and looking fed with stuff when he's on the pitch. He was laughing and joking on the bench earlier in the game. Who gives a feck?

The only thing was he didn't join Welbeck to celebrate the fourth goal, but then it's possible he didn't want the United fans booing and swearing in his face?

Unsure why Moyes would bring him on with 30 mins left when we're 2 goals up if he wasn't planning to keep him. He'd only do that to try and get him match fit.

DevilRed

He's been shown plenty of love in the past and was pretty much completely forgiven by the fans for declaring that he wanted to leave a few years back. He has to earn his place up front and for the moment I'd go with Van Persie and Welbeck which looks like it could work well.
Well I was mainly referring to the deterioration of his relationship with SAF. Or at least thats what was speculated. He really was jerked around in various different positions last season. Left out of key matches for no reason. Then SAF reveals he handed in a transfer request etc.

I think Moyes could be the one to restore him to his previous form and wipe the slate clean. I really want him to play behind RVP because that would be potentially the most lethal strike force in Europe.

Godfather

He's always flailing his arms around and looking fed with stuff when he's on the pitch. He was laughing and joking on the bench earlier in the game. Who gives a feck?

The only thing was he didn't join Welbeck to celebrate the fourth goal, but then it's possible he didn't want the United fans booing and swearing in his face?

Unsure why Moyes would bring him on with 30 mins left when we're 2 goals up if he wasn't planning to keep him. He'd only do that to try and get him match fit.
He actually got a good reception when he came on, and I doubt that after assisting the 4th goal anyone would have booed him. He also didnt join the celebrations for our 3rd goal and wasnt clapping our fans.

Anyway I actually think he tried to impress today. Tried really hard when he came on and probably just wanted to score and was frustrated he didnt. Well at least I hope that's the reason.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
In my opinion he did well and was instrumental in 2 of his goals. Its a shame that he didn't celebrated in either goals

togg

In my opinion Moyes does want to keep him, but only if he's committed and part of what is a legendary team spirit. By playing him now, before the transfer window ends, will tell him everything..not his body language, I don't think Moyes gives a shit about that..but how he plays..what his instinct is on the pitch...and today it was pretty good. You can take a footballer to the negotiating table...but you can't take the footballer out of actually playing the game, which they instinctively do, especially players like Rooney. He did well...and hopefully Moyes can persuade him his final few years of a career lay with us..

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
because that is what agents do...they advise their client to work the media...work system, work the papers..work twitter, work facebook...etc etc...it's their job. While the window is open, Rooney will be advised to behave a certain way. For god's sake, even Fergie talked about the devilment of agents and the ways they propagate to get their aims...

Yeah, obviously agents have an ever more pervasive influence, but unless he is a good actor (which he clearly isn't judging by that Diablo advert) it would be hard to maintain, particularly if his mate Welbeck scores.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
He actually got a good reception when he came on, and I doubt that after assisting the 4th goal anyone would have booed him. He also didnt join the celebrations for our 3rd goal and wasnt clapping our fans.

Anyway I actually think he tried to impress today. Tried really hard when he came on and probably just wanted to score and was frustrated he didnt. Well at least I hope that's the reason.
He's never bothered acknowledging the fans. Not for a long while anyway...and he wasn't the only player not celebrating the third goal. About six of them celebrated together. Must mean we have five players heading for the exit door.

In anycase, it's not exactly a secret that he wants to leave. Today suggested to me that United aren't planning to let him. THere was no reason to bring him on when we did otherwise.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

He had been clattered as he played the ball through, and was still nursing a sore foot in fairness...

Whether and how he plays against Chelsea will be more interesting.

Godfather

He's never bothered acknowledging the fans. Not for a long while anyway...and he wasn't the only player not celebrating the third goal. About six of them celebrated together. Must mean we have five players heading for the exit door.

In anycase, it's not exactly a secret that he wants to leave. Today suggested to me that United aren't planning to let him. THere was no reason to bring him on when we did otherwise.
7 players were celebrating and as the one playing the pass to RvP it wouldnt have been much of an effort to give a high five or whatever. Anyway I hope you are right. Selling him to CHelski isnt an option.

togg

7 players were celebrating and as the one playing the pass to RvP it wouldnt have been much of an effort to give a high five or whatever. Anyway I hope you are right. Selling him to CHelski isnt an option.
there is no way we are selling him to chelsea...love them of loathe them the Glaziers are businessmen...so if we do sell....it will be Arsenal....or Anzhi :)

Status
Not open for further replies.