Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Has he officially said that?
Of course. He told fergie he wants to leave unless he's changed his mind in which case I'd imagine there would be a statement to ensure the media shitstorm would clear up.

I think he clearly wants to go but will have to stay because we won't sell to a rival.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Has he officially said that?
I think it's pretty obvious, there has to be a lot of wilful ignorance involved to not see it that way. He hasn't officially put one in because it serves no benefit to him if he has to stay, which looks to be the case. That's not to say if we don't sell him, he won't do a job, I'm sure he will. But if you were to offer him a choice between United and Chelsea right now, who do you seriously think he would go to?

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
If he did want to leave the club, where would he go? I don't think it was never his intention to go abroad. Even if PSG came in for him, I actually think he wouldn't have sniffed at it. No one can deny Rooney's love for football. I'm not saying he isn't thinking about money - but I think he'd want to play in high standard of football.

Alas, if he stayed in England - where would he go? I think Chelsea was always his aim. Arsenal? No. City? He knows the ramifications if he went there. Chelsea? It was likely.

Now Rooney's last road out of United is closed, he'll stay. In time, he'll want to properly stay here again. Optimistic? Potentially.
Rooney will have to give his all or he will get dropped anyway and no other team will look at him again.

Drifter

American
United will reject the third offer ,and that will be the end of the matter ,for now.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
I wouldn't be so sure about that, if the third bid is no higher than 30m + add-ons [which was the speculation a few days ago] then there will be a fourth approach i believe.

Drifter

American
Could be right , but you feel that they would rather sell abroad or run his contract down and the former as not materialized yet.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Could be right , but you feel that they would rather sell abroad or run his contract down and the former as not materialized yet.
I know that this idea of running down his contract has been threatened since that statement of Woodward's earlier in the window, however were we to convince Rooney of our sincerity on the matter i think he'd seek an exit to a foreign club next summer and we wouldn't have to go through with it anyway.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
He told Fergie he wanted to leave in 2010, when in retrospect, it was very clear he had no real intention of leaving. He was just bargaining. A different situation now, but still, until he officially hands in a request or publicly states his desire to leave, then his silence can mean more than just "I want out". In my opinion, if he was desperate to leave, then he would have put in a request to do so, regardless of any talk of a loyalty bonus or whatever. I also don't think we would be playing him if he was hellbent on leaving. I believe he himself is on the fence about it.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
This is what I don't understand, he has enough money to spend the rest of his life doing pretty much anything he could possibly imagine, Chelsea or any other club with a serious desire to sign him are going to pay him extraordinary wages, surely sacrificing some cash would be the least of his worried if he really is that unhappy at Utd?

adamwest

how? playing for us you mean and doing his job, or threatening to leave and then staying?

He has scored almost 200 goals for us for fecks sake! He may be a little prick, but he's exceptional at his job and I hope he continues doing exactly what he is here for. It's our duty to love United, not his.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
He told Fergie he wanted to leave in 2010, when in retrospect, it was very clear he had no real intention of leaving. He was just bargaining. A different situation now, but still, until he officially hands in a request or publicly states his desire to leave, then his silence can mean more than just "I want out". In my opinion, if he was desperate to leave, then he would have put in a request to do so, regardless of any talk of a loyalty bonus or whatever. I also don't think we would be playing him if he was hellbent on leaving. I believe he himself is on the fence about it.
So what do you think is going on then if Rooney isn't angling for a move elsewhere?

Despite his stock is at its lowest in years he's making a play for an improved contract? Something there is no sign of at present.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I'd insist on Hazard or tell them to feck off.

Mata is fantastic but I don't see the need and I think Hazard is/will be better anyway. Hazard's superior speed makes him a bigger prospect I think.

Bloxy

Why does it always rain on me?
He has scored almost 200 goals for us for fecks sake! He may be a little prick, but he's exceptional at his job and I hope he continues doing exactly what he is here for. It's our duty to love United, not his.
he scored all those goals because he is pretty good at it, but he did get paid for it got to play with some good players and the fans were great towards him. I'm not saying that he should love our club, but I expect some loyalty towards united club and fans.

his silence is what makes united look like fools. if he had any respect for the club he would say something.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
he scored all those goals because he is pretty good at it, but he did get paid for it got to play with some good players and the fans were great towards him. I'm not saying that he should love our club, but I expect some loyalty towards united club and fans.

his silence is what makes united look like fools. if he had any respect for the club he would say something.
Looking at it from his point of view I can see why he doesn't, if he stays quiet and ends up staying he can claim he never wanted to leave and it was all media speculation, I don't think many will believe him, but I can see why he'd do that.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
If we don't end up signing anybody this summer, and it's looking likely that we won't. Then we need Rooney to stay, we can't lose a player of that calibre and replace him with nobody.

Shimo

For a long time I've believed if he had any desire to stay, he would at least say something. Even if it was like this past weekend to acknowledge the fans. Heck even talking about how it was good to get out and play a game that had real meaning and getting 3 points to start the season would be something. After all, he did chime up about the England game.

If one looks at all the things surrounding the England game and his facebook page, the most telling item for me is the whole AutoUpdate for the team line ups posts. Last season the lineups and scores of United games would automatically get posted but, at least for this and the Charity Shield there was nothing.

The logical side tells me everything in front of us makes it quite clear he doesn't want to be here.

However, the side of me that wants him to stay and be happy here keeps making up an excuse that maybe he is just keeping his mouth shut on all aspects of United because anything he does say or do will be analyzed and dissected to no end because look at what is happening when he isn't saying anything. In the end he feels he just can't win so choosing to stay silent and let the transfer window close and then just move on with the rest of the season is the best move forward for himself.

ALX8725

reyalP maeT htuoY
Take Me Home, United Road. To The Place I Belong,
Strange you didn't apply the same principles and logic to Ronaldo when he wanted to leave.
?

I think you're mistaken and referencing another poster.

Anyways, the same principles and logic wouldn't apply to Ronaldo because he is much more mentally stronger than Rooney. Even if he didn't want to be here, he could still dominate opponents and single-handedly affect match outcomes with game-winning goals... unlike Rooney. Rooney blows hot and cold more than any other "top" player in the world. Every time one talks up Rooney, it always starts with the disclaimer "When on form" or "if arsed". He takes forever to get into form, and easily loses form. There's plenty more I can say but basically Ronaldo is a true professional of the sport. Rooney is nothing of the sort.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Sparky would do it for the ten million quid.

brad-dyrak

Why exactly does he want to leave, or is that well understood? Is this a leftover thing between him and Moyes back in his Everton days? Does he reckon he'll make more somewhere else? Unhappy with teammates or Manchester?

It's rotten for me to ask such a silly question at this point, but I don't follow the money and trade stuff much, and this thread is at 600 pages. I can't imagine why he'd be unhappy at United given the success he's had and how important he's been.
Again, sorry for the dumb question.

pauldyson1uk

Why exactly does he want to leave, or is that well understood? Is this a leftover thing between him and Moyes back in his Everton days? Does he reckon he'll make more somewhere else? Unhappy with teammates or Manchester?

It's rotten for me to ask such a silly question at this point, but I don't follow the money and trade stuff much, and this thread is at 600 pages. I can't imagine why he'd be unhappy at United given the success he's had and how important he's been.
Again, sorry for the dumb question.
That is the problem , nobody knows what he wants, he has not got the balls to come out and tell anybody what he really wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.