Wayne Rooney believes some United players pretending to be injured

Red Rash

I think player base salaries should be very low, supplemented with high clean sheet, appearance, assist and goal bonuses.

To more you choose not to play, the less you potentially earn.
Or even better a high win bonus

Matt Varnish

Hello Sailor.
Serious
Malacia
Shaw
Martinez
Martial

Non serious
Maguire
Varane
Lindelof
Rashford
Bruno
Mount

This is our current injury list. Other than Rashy being extra cautious, I'm not sure I can see anyone else pretending to be injured. They were either serious injuries or taking some extra time to rehab returning from a serious injury. If Rooney thinks they should be rushed back then he obviously hasn't been watching us this season.
Bruno is listed as a wrist/hand injury, unless he's our reserve keeper how does that stop him kicking a ball, Cantona played numerous games with a soft cast on his wrist for games.
I thought Lindelhof had to have an op and is still recovering ?
Maguire and Mount are down as having a thigh strain, difficult to treat, and very difficult to prove, surprisingly they are both supposed to be fit in time for the Cup Final, I'd also add Rashford, Varane and Martinez to the suspects.

If it were just Rooney saying it, then I'd say hmm, however Jason Macateer said it and so has Souness, there has to be an element of truth in it.

JediSith

Its not exactly what he said, he insinuated that some players aren't rushing back and/or are not playing unless they're 100% fit.

What surprises me is that this surprises some of you.
Also how completely out of context people have taken it. Makes me wonder if many are commenting on what he said or articles written around what he said.

I’ll liken it to two scenarios most can relate to
1) feeling a bit under the weather and being invited to a dinner. For some people you’ll be like “sorry can’t make it” for others you’ll make the effort and go.

2) recovering from an illness, you’re back to 90% ish, before you was completely screwed with whatever, do you go back to work or take a day or two extra off? Most likely depends on your job, the environment, and what projects you have going on and how invested you are in them.

DavidDeSchmikes

our style of play means you could go into a game with a minor knock and then later on find out you're out for 3 weeks

RuudTom83

It’s one reason you keep the same background staff and remove the clean slate brigade that happens every 18 months.

Feels like United is the home for semi-retired players these days.

Leethal

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Mount.

He has been exposed as the fraud he is, so he’s ’injured’. He doesn’t want to face the music as United aren’t winning games, so his ability (lack of), will rightly be questioned. If we were winning, his deficiencies would be papered over and he could hide his shitness. But we’re not.

Malons

He has been exposed as the fraud he is, so he’s ’injured’. He doesn’t want to face the music as United aren’t winning games, so his ability (lack of), will rightly be questioned. If we were winning, his deficiencies would be papered over and he could hide his shitness. But we’re not.
Yes the absence of this perennially fit, ever-present in our side until this week certainly does seem highly suspicious.

Oranges038

Bruno is listed as a wrist/hand injury, unless he's our reserve keeper how does that stop him kicking a ball, Cantona played numerous games with a soft cast on his wrist for games.
I thought Lindelhof had to have an op and is still recovering ?
Maguire and Mount are down as having a thigh strain, difficult to treat, and very difficult to prove, surprisingly they are both supposed to be fit in time for the Cup Final, I'd also add Rashford, Varane and Martinez to the suspects.

If it were just Rooney saying it, then I'd say hmm, however Jason Macateer said it and so has Souness, there has to be an element of truth in it.
McAteer barely knows what's going on inside his own head let alone what's going on inside Utd.

Sourness is just parroting what others have said, surprised he hasn't found a way to blame Pogba.

As for Rooney, former Utd players shouldn't be feeding the media which such nonsense. They should be aware of the negativity around the club and should steer well clear of adding to it.

MF1138

Rooney made an offer hand comment on Stick to football when someone asked if Varane would be fit for the final. Just said "I'm sure he will". So it's fair to say Varane is one of the players he's talking about.

Wilt

Quelle surprise just 3 days after Rooney called them out, as if by magic they’re now available :lol:

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Rooney made an offer hand comment on Stick to football when someone asked if Varane would be fit for the final. Just said "I'm sure he will". So it's fair to say Varane is one of the players he's talking about.
Well Wayne's theory is some players are saving themselves for the Euros. Varane retired from international football.

RORY65

Not had much time to look…. Bruno playing, Rashford on bench, maybe others?
They were both doubts going Sunday, amazing how players who were close to returns on Sunday have further recovered 3 days later. Definitely linked to Rooney's baseless claims.

stevoc

It seems some people don't realise this was a random theory that popped into Rooney's head based on no actual evidence or information. That for some reason he decided to blurt out on national TV.

Last edited:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
It seems some people realise this was a random theory that popped into Rooney's head based on no actual evidence or information. That for some reason he decided to blurt out on national TV.
His wife figured out that Rebekah Vardy was chatting shit about her. What's to say she didn't figure out that some players are feigning injury?

Apokalips

You really think Bruno was pretending to be injured?

Are you for real mate?
Of all the people to pretend to be injured...Bruno! For what? One game? Just hysteria for nothing over a baseless claim from Rooney.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Amad has to start the FA Cup final

Edit: Wrong thread :D

stevoc

Feck sake… you been stewing on that last 1/2 hour :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ah, pretend the other persons somehow upset and then 3 smiley faces. ''That'll convince them I was joking.''

Another classic. Seen it a thousand times. ;)

Wilt

Ah, pretend the other persons somehow upset and then 3 smiley faces. ''That'll convince them I was joking.''

Another classic. Seen it a thousand times. ;)
…a thousand times? ;)

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
You really think Bruno was pretending to be injured?

Are you for real mate?
Unfortunately he might be injured again, he was definitely feeling his hamstring out there tonight, TBH he should give the Brighton game a miss

predator

Youth NITK
Aboslute legend is Wayne. Always makes me happy to see him back at OT where he belongs, even if it is in a punditry role.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Not had much time to look…. Bruno playing, Rashford on bench, maybe others?
Not sure if thinking things through is your thing.
But Bruno has missed 2 games in years and years.
Rashford has had a full week of training now.
Martinez was reportedly desperate to play v Arsenal and wasn't allowed.

Others are clearly injured.

It was a silly thing for Rooney to say.

Wilt

Not sure if thinking things through is your thing.
But Bruno has missed 2 games in years and years.
Rashford has had a full week of training now.
Martinez was reportedly desperate to play v Arsenal and wasn't allowed.

Others are clearly injured.

It was a silly thing for Rooney to say.
Nobody outside the club really knows what goes on.

Rooney saying ”100% per cent” is difficult to argue against ….sure he said something like he’d seen it himself. He’s obviously hit a nerve.

Either way it worked…. they made an effort tonight.

Last edited:

Dan_F

He’s awful to listen to :lol: Called out Martial by name now, yet people thought he was talking about Bruno.

mu4c_20le

Sounded drunk tonight. Fair play, I would to having to sit there for hours

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

At first I thought this was post was strongly opinionated in a weird anti-Mount kind of way, until I saw who posted it. @TheReligion probably wasn't wrong with this one to be fair.
You have 700 posts on this forum and over 100 are in the Mason Mount thread.

You are obsessed. In a weird stalker, psycho kind of way.

Leethal

At first I thought this was post was strongly opinionated in a weird anti-Mount kind of way, until I saw who posted it. @TheReligion probably wasn't wrong with this one to be fair.
I have an interest in a player who plays for our club, who epitomises the mediocrity running rampant through the entire organisation. It’s the acceptance of this shit, that finds us in the situation we’re in now.

However, you on the other hand, actually took the time and energy to research an anonymous poster on a forum, and you have the audacity to call me weird? Pot? Kettle? Black?

You strange, strange human being.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How they retaliate next week: "Some United players believe Rooney pretended to have shagged a granny in order to avoid training"

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

I have an interest in a player who plays for our club, who epitomises the mediocrity running rampant through the entire organisation. It’s the acceptance of this shit, that finds us in the situation we’re in now.

However, you on the other hand, actually took the time and energy to research an anonymous poster on a forum, and you have the audacity to call me weird? Pot? Kettle? Black?

You strange, strange human being.
You do realise your post that I replied to was on the most recent page of this thread? Take a break from frothing at the mouth over the Mount signing and try to apply some perspective. It might do you some good.

Leethal

You do realise your post that I replied to was on the most recent page of this thread? Take a break from frothing at the mouth over the Mount signing and try to apply some perspective. It might do you some good.
Yet, you quoted something from another thread.

Re: post counts.
You do realise that on internet forums, people typically have the most posts in threads where they receive the highest number of interactions, right? Or has this gone totally over your head? My initial negative feelings on the Mount transfer initiated lots of controversy and interactions from other posters (both for and against); so obviously I will respond. Isn’t that what you do on discussion forums? Discuss? I mean, based on the ROI, I could be back in there with a whole heap of “I told you so’s”, if I really want to increase the numbers. . .

You really don’t seem the brightest, kid.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

You really don’t seem the brightest, kid.
... he says after typing this reaction to a young player posting an ambiguous zip-mouth emoji on his Instagram story:
Fine him. Anyone who does this shit bringing the club into disrepute, and undermining the manager, should be fined accordingly. Club needs to set a standard, and start hitting these entitled players in the pockets for unacceptable behaviour.

Leethal

... he says after typing this reaction to a young player posting an ambiguous zip-mouth emoji on his Instagram story:
The very intent of ambiguity is to leave it (a cryptic message) open to interpretation. How I choose to interpret it, (which wasn’t isolated to just myself, and sound contextually), is my business.

Further, do you have all my posts spread across a multitude of threads committed to memory or something? Or are you actively searching my posts?

This isn’t normal behaviour. At all.

Go away, you freak.