Wayne Rooney hits back at critics over wedding photos.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I don't blame him. I blame his enablers.

Acole9

Outstanding
Enough is enough of your useless performances pretty much every week too.

SirScholes

Had a good game when he came on, looked fired up which I haven't seen for awhile.
Probably because of the media stories.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What was said that was so disrespectful? I'm confused. He had some backing from his manager, and Jurgen Klopp. There have been no other managers commenting on it and the pundits have been broadly diplomatic in any rightful criticism.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
One superb cross that Rashford really should of scored had he reacted. A couple of superb balls, held it well.

I've slagged Rooney off tonnes this past few seasons but today was a good cameo and he was better in his time as forward than Rashford was.
That wasn't a sarcastic question. I remember the cross, that was good. I don't remember much else.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
“The player goes to the national team, he belongs to the national team and when, as I learned since I was a kid, if someone lends me something I have to take even better care [of it] than if it was mine,” the United manager had said.
“Since school, you know. Your friend lends you a pencil, you have to take care of the pencil better than if it was your pencil."

That's some nice quotes from Jose. Says volumes about your opinion on the guy when you compare his decision making to one of a pencil.

fergieisold

He's weird...seems to think it's ok to get drunk on England duty as captain and before a massive game against Arsenal. The timing of this response is pathetic, well done Wayne you played your part from the bench and your touch was as heavy as usual.

He seems to think he's untouchable!

PepsiCola

The guy was binge drinking til 6am, so drunk he couldn't stand up.
Ignored his manager telling him to go to bed.
Had training the next afternoon and was sent home for a 'knee injury'.
Yet the media are a disgrace?

Edit: all the while on international duty, as captain, wearing the 3 lions.
Making these comments after a disappointing draw at home against arsenal where we concede late and lose the chance to catch up to teams ahead.

How is this clown club captain? Kanye West level ego. The sooner he moves on the better.

fergieisold

“The player goes to the national team, he belongs to the national team and when, as I learned since I was a kid, if someone lends me something I have to take even better care [of it] than if it was mine,” the United manager had said.
“Since school, you know. Your friend lends you a pencil, you have to take care of the pencil better than if it was your pencil."

That's some nice quotes from Jose. Says volumes about your opinion on the guy when you compare his decision making to one of a pencil.
Is that not about England? And Southgate!

Duafc

Village Lemon

He's compared Rooney to a pencil and the manager to the 'borrower' of the pencil.

pauldyson1uk

I dont care if he is a United legend, he is making a fool of himself and need to shut the feck up.
Said for ages , he is a United player so I will shout and cheer when he scored (!) but once he has gone I wont give a shit how he plays or who he plays for.

Manny

Grammar Police
He behaves unprofessionally and it's everyone else that is out of order? I'm so tired of this guy..

That wasn't a sarcastic question. I remember the cross, that was good. I don't remember much else.
The standards for Rooney are seriously low and have been for a while.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I dont care if he is a United legend, he is making a fool of himself and need to shut the feck up.
Said for ages , he is a United player so I will shout and cheer when he scored (!) but once he has gone I wont give a shit how he plays or who he plays for.
He's like a sulky kid who thinks he is being told off for something he hasn't done, except he did our course and is looking for someone else to take the blame.

harms

Staff
Is that not about England? And Southgate!
Yes, it's about England and Southgate, the quote is in the article. But he says that borrowing Rooney is like borrowing a pencil because apparently he is as reliable as a pencil. If you left your pencil on a bar counter be ready to see some embarrassing photos with it in the morning

He's compared Rooney to a pencil and the manager to the 'borrower' of the pencil.
Ehm, yes?

Red Viking

If people think he did well today with 0 goals or assists and never came close to making a difference as a good game then dear me. He did not stink the place up today but that the isn´t the standard for having a good game. He somehow feel wronged for slight critic after a stupid night out for him. This tells me he wont change any time soon and we really need to get rid. He is unprofessional and performs very poorly so i can´t see a reason to keep him. If he did all he could to get into the best physical condition again then maybe give him a little more time. But he is an old half arsed footballer now and he should be treated as such.

DomesticTadpole

Yes, it's about England and Southgate, the quote is in the article. But he says that borrowing Rooney is like borrowing a pencil because apparently he is as reliable as a pencil. If you left your pencil on a bar counter be ready to see some embarrassing photos with it in the morning

Ehm, yes?
Depends how much lead there is left in the pencil.

Duafc

Village Lemon

Ehm, yes?
Ehm, Well he's not comparing Rooney's decision making to anything.

You've invented that part.

Rooney's the pencil and Southgates decision making is in question.

El Zoido

If you don't want to end up on the front page of national newspapers then perhaps you shouldn't get shitfaced at a wedding where there are lots of cameras. You're England and Manchester United captain, you have a responsibility to conduct yourself in a matter befitting of such a role AT ALL TIMES. The way he's responded to this incident has been pathetic.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
The guy's ego is unbelievable:lol: Just keep your head down, and try and make sure your teammates don't lose their focus or get too down after a devastating draw today - that's what I expect from a leader - not worrying about being called out for behaviour that was entirely his fault.
If the people around him are making him think what he's done is right, then God help him.

PepsiCola

A striker coming on the pitch and offering 0 goal threat isn't a good performance.

He was okay and didn't stink up the place as he usually does, a few good passes and a nice cross. Rashford put in a few beauties of the cross in the first half so by Rooney's metric, was Rashford also good today?

fergieisold

Maybe, but all Southgate can do is tell Wayne to stop drinking and get to bed. It was Wayne who chose to ignore him. Most of the other players were sensible. His captain wasn't.
Well he could do that, or he could tell him in not uncertain terms if he continues to drink he's dropped for the foreseeable. Didn't SAF used to go to bars dragging players out?!

DomesticTadpole

If you don't want to end up on the front page of national newspapers then perhaps you shouldn't get shitfaced at a wedding where there are lots of cameras. You're England and Manchester United captain, you have a responsibility to conduct yourself in a matter befitting of such a role AT ALL TIMES. The way he's responded to this incident has been pathetic.
If it was a friends wedding and he was amongst friends then the pictures might not have got out. To do it at a complete strangers wedding, what on earth did he expect would happen?

DomesticTadpole

Well he could do that, or he could tell him in not uncertain terms if he continues to drink he's dropped for the foreseeable. Didn't SAF used to go to bars dragging players out?!
If Southgate has any sense and he does get the job, he will drop him now. The other night proved they don't need him.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
On another note, him going to 'war' with the media is a really foolish idea. There's unfortunately only one winner when you take on the scum media and it ain't you. They've protected him for a long time, they won't be holding back anymore.

DomesticTadpole

On another note, him going to 'war' with the media is a really foolish idea. There's unfortunately only one winner when you take on the scum media and it ain't you. They've protected him for a long time, they won't be holding back anymore.
Very true. They have been his best mate up to now. He is being foolish.

harms

Staff
Ehm, Well he's not comparing Rooney's decision making to anything.

You've invented that part.

Rooney's the pencil and Southgates decision making is in question.
Rooney is the pencil. The pencil can't control what's happening with him - Rooney can, but in Mourinho's example he cannot. He is not to blame in that case but that's saying something about Mourinho's view of him.

Duafc

Village Lemon
Rooney is the pencil. The pencil can't control what's happening with him - Rooney can, but in Mourinho's example he cannot. He is not to blame in that case but that's saying something about Mourinho's view of him.
:lol:

He's saying I gave them Rooney and the manager has to take care of him.

That's it.

Everything else is in your head. I'm sure you know exactly what Mourinho thinks though, half the forum claims to.