'Wayne Rooney is a sacrificial lamb and I hate it'

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Those two shots, the sad part is, that a few years ago, those were dead cert goals.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I laughed pretty bad in the first half when Arse defenders fecked it up. Mata all in open, Rooney literally kicks it at the goakeeper, Mata drops on his knees with his arms wide open.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Its honestly sad seeing how far he has fallen. And like someone else said, he only played today because Fellaini was suspended. That is damning.

He should probably only have 1 or 2 appearances left in him for us and those are only because of squad rotation.

el3mel

I laughed pretty bad in the first half when Arse defenders fecked it up. Mata all in open, Rooney literally kicks it at the goakeeper, Mata drops on his knees with his arms wide open.
Zlatan would have probably went on and punched him in the face in such a ball. :lol:

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Was awful today, nail in the coffin (well one of many), the sooner he fecks off the better,

beergod

I'm waiting for his friends in the media to start blaming Mourinho for "tarnishing his legacy" by playing him.

The_Order

His sycophantic friends in the media aren't helping his case if anything they are creating a sharp contrast between the praise they give and the performance we see.

Moonwalker

His sycophantic friends in the media aren't helping his case if anything they are creating a sharp contrast between the praise they give and the performance we see.
Indeed. There's a lesson to be learned there for sycophants of all stripes.

ReallyUSA

Maybe I was paying extra attention, but that was the first time I ever saw Mata so visibly upset at a teammate. He was a superstar for so long.. the turn to below average came so fecking quick. The fact that he's on such high wages just adds salt to the wound for the club I assume.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I'm waiting for his friends in the media to start blaming Mourinho for "tarnishing his legacy" by playing him.
They'll just say he wasn't played enough, and his poor fitness is down to that.

Hamadovich86

Has any other top level player fallen off so badly at such a (relatively) young age? Hes fecking 31 and he acts like hes 37 or something. SAF was right about him peaking early in his career.

Fun fact: Rooney was our top scorer in all of our trophyless seasons ever since he joined.

ravi2

Maybe I was paying extra attention, but that was the first time I ever saw Mata so visibly upset at a teammate. He was a superstar for so long.. the turn to below average came so fecking quick. The fact that he's on such high wages just adds salt to the wound for the club I assume.
Rooney had been declining for years. This is not a surprise to anyone who really follows the team

Red_toad

Has any other top level player fallen off so badly at such a (relatively) young age? Hes fecking 31 and he acts like hes 37 or something. SAF was right about him peaking early in his career.

Fun fact: Rooney was our top scorer in all of our trophyless seasons ever since he joined.
Was a very important player during the clubs most successful ever period regardless.
Currently not the player he once was. But vital part of the season where the fans should back the squad regardless. But kicking him while he's down appears to be the hip thing. Let's hope he doesn't play the next go then one of Smalling, jones, Lindgard or Fellaini can take a turn.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Has any other top level player fallen off so badly at such a (relatively) young age? He's fecking 31 and he acts like he's 37 or something. SAF was right about him peaking early in his career.

There is a book or course in there for budding sports professionals. A 'how not to' book or course.

Ronaldo doesn't seem to be fading out but our Wayne looked spend two seasons ago. He should spend the summer with Ronaldo or Ibra and just eat properly and workout for the next season.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Haven't read the whole thread but please someone tell me that we've reached and gone past peak Wayne apathy/hate/disgust because I would lose a fair bit of faith in the cafe.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
They are just making things worse for Rooney by doing this. Jose has done the right thing this season by dropping him, because let's be honest here, when he is playing these days it's actually embarrassing to watch and it tarnishes the legacy of a once great player.

When Neville was in his last season (and his legs had pretty much gone) me and my mates joked that Valencia should push him up and down the pitch in a wheelchair since he still had a good cross on him. Rooney has been there and is past that point as well. Whenever he plays now it seriously looks like hes playing in a bog

Hamadovich86

Was a very important player during the clubs most successful ever period regardless.
Currently not the player he once was. But vital part of the season where the fans should back the squad regardless. But kicking him while he's down appears to be the hip thing. Let's hope he doesn't play the next go then one of Smalling, jones, Lindgard or Fellaini can take a turn.
Not dimishing his importance during those years buts a fact that when he was THE man he didnt win any trophies with the club. Whether thats his fault or not is up for debate.

The point is that it makes no sense that he is actually down hes just fecking 31! He has looked so sluggish, not lacking desire but actually sluggish even his shots feel weak. Its sad that his career at the top level has ended so soon.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Not dimishing his importance during those years buts a fact that when he was THE man he didnt win any trophies with the club. Whether thats his fault or not is up for debate.

The point is that it makes no sense that he is actually down hes just fecking 31! He has looked so sluggish, not lacking desire but actually sluggish even his shots feel weak. Its sad that his career at the top level has ended so soon.
It's not a surprise to me at all. How many professional footballers do you know who truly were full time regulars playing 90 minutes in each game at the age of 16? The answer is virtually none.

Rooney might be 31 but I would not be surprised if the minutes played or games played is more akin to someone who is in their mid thirties.

It's like a car. It's not just about how old it is, it's about the mileage and how well it's been maintained. Rooney has a lot of miles, and he isn't notorious for looking after himself.

wolvored

From the press. Mourinho impressed with Rooney:
But Mourinho, speaking after the game, was quick to praise his captain for the way he applied himself.

Wayne Rooney is another one who played. This game was a blessing for him,” he said.

“In the first half he had the best chance of the whole game. He just had to put the ball through Petr’s [Cech] legs.

“He’s had shots and got into good positions. He’s ready to make contributions towards the end of the season.”
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2017/05...e-rooneys-performance-against-arsenal-180791/

He must have watched a different game than everyone else

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
He sounds about as impressed as Koeman is with United.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
He just had to put the ball through Petr’s [Cech] legs.
Mmmm.... sounds to me like he's being sarcastic here...albeit in a polite way:D

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Makes you wonder what his his team mates really think when they know he's starting. Mata's 'mask' slipped yesterday:D

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
But Mourinho, speaking after the game, was quick to praise his captain for the way he applied himself.

Wayne Rooney is another one who played. This game was a blessing for him,” he said.

“In the first half he had the best chance of the whole game. He just had to put the ball through Petr’s [Cech] legs.

“He’s had shots and got into good positions. He’s ready to make contributions towards the end of the season.”
http://thepeoplesperson.com/2017/05...e-rooneys-performance-against-arsenal-180791/

Mourinho is on the caf. It's contagious, now.

Dante

Average bang

Mourinho is clueless. We need Southgate as manager.

PaulRich

Nudging that ball across the penalty area to Mata was the footballers option, dragging it to the side and around Cech before cutting it in was the greedy twats option, side footing it into the keepers midriff hoping it squirms under him is the Sunday League hackers option. Embrace your level Wayne.

We need an rvn

Haven't read the whole thread but please someone tell me that we've reached and gone past peak Wayne apathy/hate/disgust because I would lose a fair bit of faith in the cafe.
Afraid not. It's amazing the amount of vile names he's getting called by some on here.

Obviously passed his best and shouldn't be in the squad at all, but given his length of service, what he's won and being the leading goal-scorer I think there are ways to say you're not happy without calling him what they are.

sugar_kane

In fairness Mou doesn't seem to have a single positive thing to say there, except for getting into good positions, just making basic factual statements.

If anything it sounds like damning with the faintest of praise.

"Wayne Rooney was on the pitch"

Tarrou

I don't remember a PL player being this bad before, he struggles with the basics. It's horrible to see after being so brilliant for us all those years. For his sake he needs to leave this summer. Well for ours as well, like. Obviously.

The_Order

With Rooney in the first 11, you're essentially a man down.

Shame, I still watch youtube clips of 08/09 season - Different being.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
In fairness Mou doesn't seem to have a single positive thing to say there, except for getting into good positions, just making basic factual statements.

If anything it sounds like damning with the faintest of praise.

"Wayne Rooney was on the pitch"
It's very much this.

"He's lucky to have been playing at all and managed to screw up our best chance but he managed to get a couple of shots so there is some hope for the rest of the season."