Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

Womp

idiot
That Everton thread is brilliant. It's word for word the same sort of debate we've been reading here for years.

"He's always taken a run of games to get into form."

"We need to buy more creative players to get the best out of him."

"He's grafting his balls off out there."

"He wasn't as bad as <insertDavyKlaasenhere>!"

Understandably, it's as if some of these lot haven't watched him play for a very long time. He's completely, utterly finished, has been for the best part of three years, and those Everton supporters desperately trying to cling on to the weakest of arguments are in for such a let down.

I actually feel sorry for those lot that have already figured it out. They will have to watch him play like an idiot week in, week out and feel that same frustration and exasperation every single Saturday until either Koeman benches him, or gets sacked because he didn't. Getting rid of him is a fecking lifesaver.
SAF saw it. Feckin Moyes

Eddy_JukeZ

He's completely finished sadly. He's not even fit for relegation fodder in the Prem.

He should have went to the MLS.

Pace Abuser

It's a complete mystery to me why anyone has any hope left. This is payback to Everton for Moyes. I know it wasn't their fault Moyes happened, but through Rooney at Everton I find petty joy in a small way. Have that, Everton, ha!

el3mel

It feels good to see him doing this crap performance for someone else rather than us. Finally he's not our problem anymore.

Those who thought he may return to his form in Everton were kidding themselves. Rooney is done as a player at this level of football since 2 years. He should have left EPL but his ego prevents him from accepting the fact.

Anyway again it's not our problem anymore. :drool:

Last edited:

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Part of why I don't really want Gylfi to go to Everton. There's not much for him there if he's going to play with Rooney who's not going to play a proper striker and constantly get in the way.

But yea, sorry Everton fans. He's not good enough to play as a sub in the PL anymore.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
Might be pre-season but it sounds like it's history repeating itself only now with Everton supporters.

Is everyone forgetting that a lot of people on here were told to shut up (less polite than that) when this was blatantly obvious 3-4 seasons ago? Eventually, all the same suspects who thought he would turn it around, silently accepted that he was shit. Then it just turned into the sanctimonious drivel like "stop insulting him, our fans are so embarrassing, he's a legend! I feel so sorry for Rooney :(."

Everton supporters have caught on much more quickly to their credit. Though, they've had a fair widespread warning prior to the transfer, including more of the media turning on him (or basically reporting the facts that he's finished) recently to give them a heads up. I await the stories that he thinks Koeman is standing in his way of reinventing himself as a defensive midfielder.
I remember it well.

Just so happy we finally got rid, 3-4 years too late, and he's no longer our problem to tear our hair out over anymore.

Wonder if some Everton fans will start accusing others of having an agenda against poor Wayne. :lol: Or is his shiteness just too obvious now...

el3mel

I just read that Wayne thread in the Everton forum and man, it really made my day. :drool:

Minimalist

I just read that Wayne thread in the Everton forum and man, it really made my day. :drool:
My favourite from the match thread:

You can see Rooneys mind at work and it is class but just can't execute what he is thinking.....don't know if he has lost it physically or if he will strike an understanding.
Oh really? :lol:

It's that common (now PTSD inducing) excuse from the past few seasons. He's still brilliant deep down, he just looks shite because he's a bit fat and broken - just keep playing him and pray for a miracle.

This should be a prime example of the sunken cost fallacy.

el3mel

My favourite from the match thread:

Oh really? :lol:

It's that common (now PTSD inducing) excuse from the past few seasons. He's still brilliant deep down, he just looks shite because he's a bit fat and broken - just keep playing him and pray for a miracle.

This should be a prime example of the sunken cost fallacy.
Some there are just repeating all the excuse we were giving him for years, but it seems they were realize it faster after his downfall with us. By Jan it will be hard to find anyone there still trying to defend him.

Ryan7

Some of the posts are brilliant with the mickey taking.

Rooney find Davies out wide, Davies burst past his man and finds a good cross to Rooney.... who slips on his fat arse
What was that weird floated chip attempt from 20 yards with a 6'8" goalkeeper on his line?
What a turn by Wayne in the build up there.

Well done Wayne.

Response:

All is forgiven.
I wonder how many shirts he's sold? At least kitbag will be happy.
Flashes of his United european debut tonight.
And it looks like Coleen logged in:

He's a better and bigger blue than the rest of you, we should be grateful to see him back with us. Him playing poorly is better than Barkley trying to find a brain out there.

manunited1919

I'm afraid any future business dealings with Everton will be poisoned for the next 10 years, as soon as they realize what has happened here.

rooney1905

I'm afraid any future business dealings with Everton will be poisoned for the next 10 years, as soon as they realize what has happened here.
I disagree. Koeman is a competent manager. This was a free transfer that will generate a decent amount of commercial interest. That was the play here. No one but Sam Allardyce would argue that Rooney still has something to offer a top club in Europe.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
What was that weird floated chip attempt from 20 yards with a 6'8" goalkeeper on his line?
:lol:

Robbie Boy

Over on that Everton forum someone has started a thread about where the pace will come from. That's what watching Rooney play twice for you will do. Dear god, he was just fecking horrible last night. I'm so grateful Everton went in with blind sentimentality and took him off of us.

Dyslexic Untied

I was considering Everton players for my fantasy team, and as far as I recall Everton have an absolutely brutal start to the season, with something like 4 of their 5 first matches being against City, Chelsea, Spurs and us and most of them being away as well. Everton could very well be bottom of the table by mid September, and Rooney might be in for a whole lot of stick.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I don't know about others but it's schadenfreude I'm feeling.
I've been trying to convince people for years, he's finished. Never coming back. His body is shot.

Adisa

Wish we sold him to Chelsea.
Would have been lovely seeing shedend in a civil war over him.

Smores

I've been trying to convince people for years, he's finished. Never coming back. His body is shot.
Yup pure schadenfreude and just joy he's not our problem.
The most amusing thing is them suddenly seeing what the chip attempts and cross ball attempts really are, useless attempts by Rooney to show his skills.

NinjaFletch

I still think he'll have a decent goal scoring season and end up doing alright with the lower expectations at Everton.

But feck if it isn't funny that they're already realising United fans weren't lying to them and he really is in sharp decline.

Adisa

Yup pure schadenfreude and just joy he's not our problem.
The most amusing thing is them suddenly seeing what the chip attempts and cross ball attempts really are, useless attempts by Rooney to show his skills.
It's funny reading some of them trying to rationalise his performance. They'll catch on soon enough.
The sad part for Rooney, unlike with us, he has no credit in the bank for Everton and Koeman doesn't suffer fools.
I don't believe when he said, he was sad to see him go.

Djemba-Djemba

I can't believe we still had a few people on here who thought a change in scenery would make any difference to his performances.

Unless he has a body transplant he's finished.

Devil81

Why do people want him to do so badly?

I know he was a twat at times but he still did a lot to please the fans.

redspoony

I feel a bit conflicted about this.

On the one hand it would have been genuinely nice to see him rediscover form at his boyhood club.

On the other, I hope he's as dreadful for them as he was for us, to prove we've done the right thing in letting him go.

Suspect I'm not the only person with such sentiments.

clarkydaz

Why do people want him to do so badly?

I know he was a twat at times but he still did a lot to please the fans.
I don't think people want him to fail. Its more relief we don't have to deal with his untouchable status anymore. and what he's shown so far is predictable

Alabaster Codify7

I'm loving this, to be honest. I don't necessarily have anything against Everton but its good to see our actions being proven correct. It's gonna be a long season for Wayne's mates in the media.