Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

Terminator

Thanks for the memories, amazing player back in the day. Feeling a bit sad and emotional.

prtk0811

The Everton fans on their forum who are jumping up and down with excitement are in for a big shock. Don't think they realise just how crap he is now.
He can still deliver for them in a late flurry before he goes to mls.

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Mixed feelings lime many. Always sad to see a club legend playing elsewhere.

His time was up here, i think he peaked early because of his lifestyle and early age.

Really hope he does well at Everton but bad against us! Hope he leaves remembering the good times and not with a sour taste.

MDFC Manager

I've been on his back for many months now. And I'm happy he's gone, so we can all move on.

But I've also now been hit by a wave of nostalgia and a tinge of sadness. Goodbye Wayne, thanks for everything - the good and the bad. It was fun.

Special note of appreciation for Jose (in particular) and Woody for how they've handled this whole thing for the last year. Reflects very well on the club.

stu_1992

Good luck to him. It's well overdue if we're all honest, which is a shame because it leaves a bad taste in my mouth for a player who achieved so much for us. A great player for us, but one I can never truly love like many others.

prtk0811

Seriously? The lad has been a legend for you and you are posting shit like this. Just thank him for what he has helped your club achieve, wish him luck and leave it at that. Don't go posting negative shit up about one of your best ever players.
Agree with you on this.

Terminator

Seriously? The lad has been a legend for you and you are posting shit like this. Just thank him for what he has helped your club achieve, wish him luck and leave it at that. Don't go posting negative shit up about one of your best ever players.
It's embarrassing really. Cant even appreciate a club legend and top scorer.

prtk0811

I will miss Andy gray and martin tylar shouting Roonaaaeeeeeeyy when he scored a goal.

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form
As a side point - why do the BBC always disregard club statements on our deals? They've listed Rooney as a free transfer even though Everton's statement calls it an undisclosed fee. They said Memphis was £35m continually despite PSV stating it to be a lot less. They're supposed to be impartial and state facts, right?

zing

Zingle balls
I remember people saying when he was 16, that he played premier league football like he's still on the street, he maintained that style throughout his career both as a player and a person.

There was some drama associated, but it wasn't the typical celebrity drama. Proper player and no doubt a legend.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Now we'll truly see what he has left in the tank as he will come out trying his absolute hardest for the team he supports. Not only that, he genuinely wants to be on that plane to Russia, so he has everything to play for this upcoming season.

All the best Wayne.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Best of luck! Great player for United, wish him the best at Everton.

arthurka

Good luck to him at Everton. Hopefully he'll find some form and turn it around a bit.

BTW, Everton Twitter is completely milking this. And this tweet :lol:
Wasn't he just talking about his drinking just the other day?

Well best solution for all parties. Hope he does well. Thanks for the past years..

Smudge

Some sad people on here.

Hope he bangs in some goals against us next season to make some posters realise what a career Rooney had for us.

So what if he overstayed his welcome blame that on Moyes not Rooney as Fergue wanted him rid.

People were shitting their pants at the thought of Jose taking him to Chelsea.

Hope he has a decent next couple of seasons and is on the plane to Russia as England are not winning shit anyway so why not have Rooney draw down his England career at a World Cup.

#wazzaispurple :wenger:

Good luck to him at Everton. Hopefully he'll find some form and turn it around a bit.

BTW, Everton Twitter is completely milking this. And this tweet :lol:
Let them milk it, when have they ever signed such an exciting player? Their fans will remember the young Rooney bursting onto the scene, that must have been fantastic. Having said that, haven't their fans booed him over the years?

Anyway. Good luck to him. Both Rooney and Utd have managed this very well, and it's worked out well all round.

Hat-trick on debut, goals against Newcastle, West Ham and that City goal are just some of the memories. Great player, and great team player. Hope he gets back into the England team.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
Used to be my favourite player but his decline made me both angry and sad, I probably shouldn't be happy to see him go but I am as he no longer burdens our team selection.
He's a legend for what he did, no doubt.

Kag

Ay, wanting him to score goals against us is of course very rational. That'll sure show us...

Shimo

Surreal. Wish him the best against everyone but, us. Truly do hope he rediscovers his form and can get back to playing for England. Would be nice to see him on the world stage one more time before he signs off.

TsuWave

Finally!!! about time.

Feels like getting rid of some really heavy ankle weights

PoTMS

Thanks for the memories Wazza. Will be surreal seeing him in another shirt but probably for the best.

FujiVice

This makes me feel very old. Remember vividly watching SSN when he signed and how excited I was. Dont know if I was ever more excited signing someone. Just an incredible talent.

Nori-

Has been a great asset to the cub. Wish him all the best at Everton.

El cangrejo

Supports
FC Luzern
If he's supposed to be Lukaku's replacement then Everton are in big trouble.

prateik

Hope he can regain some form.
His time was done here, but thats no reason to hate him.
Done a lot for us. Wish him nothing but the best.

Giggsy92

Sad to see him go but it's undoubtedly the right time. Will be interesting to see how he gets on, wouldn't be expecting much if I were an Everton fan but you never know.

stevoc

Right time to go, best of luck against Liverpool and City but hopefully not United.

Miscemayl

Farewell and hope he does well at Everton (preferably not against us!)

Is it me, or is his shorter haircut making him look younger?
He looks younger.

Also the unveiling video which Everton did was a good one.

I actually thought he looked quite old and tired in the video, almost like those videos where people sign off into retirement

Last edited: