Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The one and only time I ever had “ITK” knowledge about a United player was when a friend of a friend was taken on by Rooney’s team as a ‘fixer’ when he travelled to New York on a stag. This was a guy who was quite deep in the party scene over there, so had seen a lot bad behaviour. He was absolutely staggered at the amount of booze (and the rest!) put away by Rooney and his mates.
I have to say I’m actually really genuinely surprised at that.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
To be clear, I think the “and the rest” bit may have applied to his mates only. But Rooney definitely put away a ton of booze. This was mid-season too.
Oh sorry, to be clear I was talking about the bit where you had a friend.

arthurka

Our Rooney still doing wonders at Derby, leading 2-0 Vs Hull going from the bottom to a only couple of points from safety.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Anyone know if that Moyes 'Chosen One' banner is still lying around?

It's time to break it out again. We just need to make some alterations.

ForeverRed1

He did the right thing staying put. If he keeps derby up it looks amazing on his cv.

Everton are also all over the shop

Gazza

Mental he came out and actually said that, but what can they do?
The charge will be something like "bringing the game into disrepute" which can be levelled at managers as well as players; I'd imagine the FA will say that the act of talking about it in public is the "bringing the game into disrepute" part, not the tackle itself from 15 years back. Same with Roy Keane's book - regardless of how long after the incident he had published it, it would have needed to be punished by the FA if Keane was still working in football.

Gazza

The FA is seeking clairity on an incident from 2006 involving Rooney.

Yes, 2006.

Again, I assume the "seeking clarity" is about the interview he gave / book he has published very recently, they're not actually going to be looking at the tackle from 15 years ago.

Chipper

Adulterer.
They actually really have a chance now.
Big win last night, very important for them after collecting just 1 point in their 3 prior games. Everything can turn on one game like that and every win is vital of course if it ends up close.

Hull had a few wins fairly recently and Cardiff have won 2 on the bounce so things were looking on the downward turn for Derby with that little spell of bad form they had. The good thing for Derby is that Reading, who had their own points deduction and were looking better than their actual position just like Derby are on a run of terrible form with 5 losses in a row and 2 points in 8 attempts. Reading weren't looking like part of the picture but are if this carries on.

I like doing this thing, points per game so far projected until the end of the season:

Hull 49
Cardiff 48
Reading 46
-------------------------------------
Derby 39
Peterborough 34
Barnsley 22

Barnsley are absolutely doomed, Peterborough looking that way too. Derby were closer last time I did this and were on course for 41 with the next team above them (it was Cardiff) heading towards 42. That gap has now widened because of Hull and Cardiff having those decent spells.

Not looking as good as it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
John Terry left the stadium on crutches. I left a hole in his foot and then I signed my shirt to him after the game... and a few weeks later I sent it to him and asked for my stud back.
Top, top banter.

big rons sovereign

They'll hand him a massive fine and act all righteous about it.
That fine will go straight into their back pockets rather than to anything useful.
Football is corrupt to the core and these beady eyed magpies are sat at the top, constantly looking for a chance to rip someone off.

TheReligion

Abusive
The FA is seeking clairity on an incident from 2006 involving Rooney.

Yes, 2006.

They should try looking at the utter incompetence of match officials in the here and now first as opposed to digging up things from 15 years ago.

Hope Wayne tells them to feck off and send the panel signed copies of his book for clarification.

Red_toad

His comments about Sir Alex leaving United as he knew United were declining are a bit cnutish. His personal collapse in form was a sight to behold. Let's see if he can carry on managing into his 70's.

Jackal981

His comments about Sir Alex leaving United as he knew United were declining are a bit cnutish. His personal collapse in form was a sight to behold. Let's see if he can carry on managing into his 70's.
Other than that comment, his other comment is basically true. When Ronaldo left, we replaced him with bunch of nobodies (scouse cnut Owen, Obertan, Valencia is decent though). We should have signed Ozil at that time instead he went to tore a new one in Madrid. We could have get Sneijder or Robben too in the same window since Madrid are looking to get rid of them (Sneijder Robben and cash for Ronaldo I believe would be accepted by Madrid) instead 80m went to these Glazers cnuts pocket

Patchbeard

Big win last night, very important for them after collecting just 1 point in their 3 prior games. Everything can turn on one game like that and every win is vital of course if it ends up close.

Hull had a few wins fairly recently and Cardiff have won 2 on the bounce so things were looking on the downward turn for Derby with that little spell of bad form they had. The good thing for Derby is that Reading, who had their own points deduction and were looking better than their actual position just like Derby are on a run of terrible form with 5 losses in a row and 2 points in 8 attempts. Reading weren't looking like part of the picture but are if this carries on.

I like doing this thing, points per game so far projected until the end of the season:

Hull 49
Cardiff 48
Reading 46
-------------------------------------
Derby 39
Peterborough 34
Barnsley 22

Barnsley are absolutely doomed, Peterborough looking that way too. Derby were closer last time I did this and were on course for 41 with the next team above them (it was Cardiff) heading towards 42. That gap has now widened because of Hull and Cardiff having those decent spells.

Not looking as good as it was 3 or 4 weeks ago.
I don't think your Reading projection is right...they're currently averaging just under 1 point a game (28 from 29) and have a 6 point deduction so are actually on 22 points, so assuming they get 16/17 points from 17 remaining games they end up on 38/39 points. At the current rate Derby v Reading will be close, though on recent form Derby are favourites now.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Rooney has made these comments before and I think he's just trying to justify why he held the club to ransom in 2010. He was concerned with the clubs ambition and threatening to go to City until we offered him a massive contract.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I don't think your Reading projection is right...they're currently averaging just under 1 point a game (28 from 29) and have a 6 point deduction so are actually on 22 points, so assuming they get 16/17 points from 17 remaining games they end up on 38/39 points. At the current rate Derby v Reading will be close, though on recent form Derby are favourites now.
Let me check. Yep, you're right.

Their actual results without a deduction would have been 28 from 29. That's 0.966 points a game.

They have 22 and there are 17 matches remaining. 17 X 0.966 = 16.4. Add the 22 and it's 38.

Think I wrote that the day before they last played, did the part where I looked at their actual win/draw/loss record which was around 1 point a game earned. I must have then not actually looked at their points tally which includes the deduction.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

Go on Wazza :drool:

Shame that Reading won though.
Really an impressive goal, both the finish as well as how calm and controlled they kept the ball and moved it around until they found an opportunity to shoot. You only see those goals from well drilled teams :drool: