We are an awfully coached team

the_cliff

Pundist turning on them. Bein Sports has been harping on about how we seem like a team without a plan or organization. Seems like the press is getting on the Ole out bandwagon.
Bein Sports have been saying that for a good year and a half. How we constantly struggle against teams that are well structured and don't commit men forward. The English media however, because most of them are ex teammates are still using the (needs time to gel) need a CDM excuse.

Abhinav

Ole has built a rod for his own back with all these world class signings. We have lost all balance and cohesiveness and its clear he is trying to play more expansively but is failing miserably. End result is we look at disjointed at the back and disjointed in attack. This will end badly for him as he and the coaching team clearly don’t know how to play attacking football without losing solidity.

Marwood

They could play together if you sat them down and gave them a defined role. If they can't follow instructions then fine, bench them, but I'm pretty sure they haven't been trained to play together and balance their runs.
Neither can defend. Neither is quick enough for midfield. They're both losse in possession. Neither is interested in controlling a game.

They're just not midfielders. You might play one for what they bring going forwards but both is impossible.

NoLogo

Same on my chanel. They make solid points though. We have an excellent team on paper.
Not saying they are wrong, they are actually completely right I just had the feeling that for the longest time pundits never really criticized Ole too much but rather the players, Pogba, Martial, Rashford and so on but never really Ole, now the honeymoon period seems over.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Shades of Sven Goran Eriksson about Ole. Sticks the best players in the side, keeps the players happy and gets tactically outclassed. I'm beginning to believe that Pogba and Bruno can't be in a midfield 3 together without asking too much of the other midfielder. Even prime Roy Keane would have a hard time keeping that midfield functional by all himself.
We already knew it at the start of last season but Ole just doesn't get it.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Some fans thinks this is the first time, they have seen United play this badly under Ole. As a stated before, many don’t look at the performance, but only the result. This has been a common theme for the past few years. I am honestly not surprised. I am not even surprised that Villarreal hasn’t scored. The only thing that has surprised me is that we haven’t had a moment of brilliance yet And we are not somehow winning

Eplel

Not to mention, aweful squad management. Our core players are constantly run to the ground, our squad players are constantly without match fitness, and our youngsters only see action once a year.

M16Red

Hate Michael Owen, but he just said Ole needs to come up with something, they look like individuals waiting to do something special

Paraphrasing a bit

g11

The crazy part is there are so many Man Utd fans on here can’t see how incompetent Ole is. He has been outcoached by pretty much everyone. He is not quick enough to change once his plan A doesn’t work. The brilliant Bruno and Mason have won a lot of games for him due to their individual moments.

ClassOf'99

Ole has built a rod for his own back with all these world class signings. We have lost all balance and cohesiveness and its clear he is trying to play more expansively but is failing miserably. End result is we look at disjointed at the back and disjointed in attack. This will end badly for him as he and the coaching team clearly don’t know how to play attacking football without losing solidity.
This. We should be challenging on all fronts with this squad like the United of old but we still look unsure, unconfident and unbalanced - that is on Ole and his coaching staff.

edcunited1878

Ole can stay, but he needs to chop and change McKenna, Carrick, and Phelan. Bring in a legitimate assistant and trainer/coach.

Fergie did it with Querioz and Meuleensten. The team is too open because the shape is horrible. It's becoming too apparent.

Feel like we're getting to the point of the player talent pool is now at or exceeding the coaching talent pool. The coaching staff's tactical shape and overall influence isn't going to get the best out of the improving players. The quick transition play has been very good and is a staple of the team, but need more sophistication and creativity from the coaching to get this improving team to the next level.

Robbie Boy

I think I’m like @Robbie Boy, I gave up a long time ago now thinking about a new manager and the difference a great coach could make.

The club have clearly decided that this “individualist” approach of “go express yourselves” is the future for this club and Ole will simply get new player after new player after new player hoping that will solve the issue. Not a chance is anyone looking at the man in the dugout as a big factor in how we play.
It's the hope of somehow turning it around that kills you.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He went into this season with nowhere to hide. Our performance levels are far worse than even I anticipated.

elmo

Ole can stay, but he needs to chop and change McKenna, Carrick, and Phelan. Bring in a legitimate assistant and trainer/coach.

Fergie did it with Querioz and Meuleensten. The team is too open because the shape is horrible. It's becoming too apparent.

Feel like we're getting to the point of the player talent pool is now at or exceeding the coaching talent pool. The coaching staff's tactical shape and overall influence isn't going to get the best out of the improving players. The quick transition play has been very good and is a staple of the team, but need more sophistication and creativity from the coaching to get this improving team to the next level.
If a manager with over 10 years of coaching experience still needs to be babysat by his coaching staff, he's just not good enough. It's that simple.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Some fans thinks this is the first time, they have seen United play this badly under Ole. As a stated before, many don’t look at the performance, but only the result. This has been a common theme for the past few years. I am honestly not surprised. I am not even surprised that Villarreal hasn’t scored. The only thing that has surprised me is that we haven’t had a moment of brilliance yet And we are not somehow winning
I don't think this season represents the first time they've noticed these poor performances, but rather the first time they can no longer hide behind the "shit players" excuse.

elmo

It's the hope of somehow turning it around that kills you.
It's why I've always felt that he was the best worst thing that happened for us. He gives everyone hope and the players are happy that people are willing to ignore the shit show on display almost every game because they think it'll magically turn around someday.

Robbie Boy

It's why I've always felt that he was the best worst thing that happened for us. He gives everyone hope and the players are happy that people are willing to ignore the shit show on display almost every game because they think it'll magically turn around someday.
Thing is, we've put in some really good performances and it always ropes me. Then, within a-few games we revert to type.

mk7

We have no clue how to play as a team. There is no MF at all. Pogba playing CF and jogging around in MF and having McT for the rest leaves us open for simple counter attacks …

thesheriffjw

Dalot is out of his depth. Can he control a bsll at all?

As for Ole? Wheres the urgency? Wheres the passion?

Villarreal will happily sit for a 1-0 now

dove

I don't understand this thinking. Why would we want to keep a clearly out of his depth manager but change the assistant managers? Why is Ole so special that he is irreplaceable? Our entire coaching staff should leave.

shahzy

He really should step down so we can hire someone and salvage the season with a good squad. Who knows what the squad will look like next year. It's pretty obvious we won't be winning anything substantial

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
They are reactive to a fault and will wait until the season is dead and buried.
This, same every time from them.

Wreck one season, let the team morale become toxic, make desperate and or surreally bad replacement with whatever’s available. Persuade new manager to have old Utd players / coaches somewhere within their coaching staff.

Repeat until the board is finally hounded out at some point.