We are an awfully coached team

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Turn us into Arsenal?
Arsenal were already Arsenal when he got there. And they’ve got a lot more Arsenal since he left.

He’s not exactly the second coming of SAF, but a competent, tactically astute manager with a decent record of winning cup trophies with less fashionable teams. Yeah I think a squad with our players would look alright under Emery, and would have few issues dispatching a Solskjaer-managed Villarreal.

Kaos

We got outclassed by Dean Smith. This isn’t even the bottom of the barrel.
Almost every premier league manager is more competent than Ole I'm sad to say. Give any of them this United squad and I'm almost certain they'd do better. We're playing with such an obvious handicap its infuriating.

AFC NimbleThumb

Arsenal were already Arsenal when he got there. And they’ve got a lot more Arsenal since he left.

He’s not exactly the second coming of SAF, but a competent, tactically astute manager with an decent record of winning cup trophies with less fashionable teams. Yeah I think a squad with our players would look alright under Emery, and would have few issues dispatching a Solskjaer-managed Villarreal.
Damning & true.

Dan_F

Well if this is the mythical 433 that Ole has been wanting to play, it’s not going to end well.

Pogba and Bruno have no idea when to cover for each other and are about 10 yards too high every time. You have the front four pressing and no one else. The full backs need to be a crucial part to put any kind of press on, but they’re almost in a flat four.

I guess he thought they would be so defensive that he could experiment a bit, but it’s not working.

dove

That performance in the first half is nothing unusual, it's just a standard shambolic performance with Ole in charge.

Dennis Viollet

The reverse .Rossi
I'm sorry but this United team is absolutely abysmal. Them things you seen first half don't happen when teams are coached properly. If you believe in Ole after that half, I don't what to say. Wasn't working from minute one and he changed nothing.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

In fairness you could probably count that as evidence of at least trying to coach the team into a better structure.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Almost every premier league manager is more competent than Ole I'm sad to say. Give any of them this United squad and I'm almost certain they'd do better. We're playing with such an obvious handicap its infuriating.
Unfortunately, you’re right. Well, it might be a toss up between Ole and Norwich’s manager.

If we want to achieve anything this season he needs sacking after this game. We’re already looking like going out at the group stages again.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are wasting this team under Ole. Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Sancho ,Varane , Cavani should be putting that Villarreal team to sword. Feck, they aren't even parking a bus. They are playing a very high line, very organized and a high pressing side. Seriously, we just look like a bunch of new players trying to do something.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
He has taken the club as far as his ability can. Painfully obvious.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The numbers of managers we will face this year who're worse than Ole can be counted in 1 hand.

He's a fecking joke and anyone who watches us play and dare to say we're improving is a fecking blind git.

I think I’m like @Robbie Boy, I gave up a long time ago now thinking about a new manager and the difference a great coach could make.

The club have clearly decided that this “individualist” approach of “go express yourselves” is the future for this club and Ole will simply get new player after new player after new player hoping that will solve the issue. Not a chance is anyone looking at the man in the dugout as a big factor in how we play.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
Carbon copy of Wolves game, we should be 3 or 4 down by now.

We'll probably sneak a goal and win this, and Ole fans will storm this thread quoting and laughing the posts in here. As if, it absolves our abysmal performances.
Wait for the new "Posts that were made today" thread.

Son

This is a simple case of one side improving since last season and we have either stayed the same or in my opinion regressed.

We played better stuff last season on a consistent basis.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Shades of Sven Goran Eriksson about Ole. Sticks the best players in the side, keeps the players happy and gets tactically outclassed. I'm beginning to believe that Pogba and Bruno can't be in a midfield 3 together without asking too much of the other midfielder. Even prime Roy Keane would have a hard time keeping that midfield functional by all himself.

el3mel

Carbon copy of Wolves game, we should be 3 or 4 down by now.

We'll probably sneak a goal and win this, and Ole fans will storm this thread quoting and laughing the posts in here. As if, it absolves our abysmal performances.
Exactly that's what will happen. Watch them treat this game as a masterlcass if we fluke win it.

Lentwood

This is an absolute shambles to be honest.

We are basically playing 4-1-5

It is indefensible to be this unorganised at this level really against a team we should be far superior too

stw2022

Genuinely wonder what his team talks in the dressing room are like. He probably plays a cassette of ‘Come on you Reds’, hands out signed photos of him in the 1999 final and stops players on their way for a piss to say things like: “Did you know I used to play for Sir Alex?”

JG3001

In fairness you could probably count that as evidence of at least trying to coach the team into a better structure.
It maybe a 4-3-3 on paper but they’ve played more like a 4-1-5, the midfield is non existent

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
I think time is running out for Ole to prove he has what it takes. Even if we get a result today, this performance should start ringing alarm bells.

Lentwood

Shades of Sven Goran Eriksson about Ole. Sticks the best players in the side, keeps the players happy and gets tactically outclassed. I'm beginning to believe that Pogba and Bruno can't be in a midfield 3 together without asking too much of the other midfielder. Even prime Roy Keane would have a hard time keeping that midfield functional by all himself.
Yeah this match has confirmed what I suspected a long time ago. They can't play together, certainly not as CMs/AMs

midou

Ole has been found out long ago but what about Carrick? How is McTominay so incredibly incompetent in the Carrick role? He is hiding between the attackers when we are in possession which results in the defenders passing side to side and hitting long balls 24/7. McKenna is another one stealing a living, maybe he was decent training youth teams should go back to that instead...

ClassOf'99

Can we swap managers at halftime? Emery would have this a whitewash with out squad, that was painful

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
They could play together if you sat them down and gave them a defined role. If they can't follow instructions then fine, bench them, but I'm pretty sure they haven't been trained to play together and balance their runs.

Denis79

Pundist turning on them. Bein Sports has been harping on about how we seem like a team without a plan or organization. Seems like the press is getting on the Ole out bandwagon.
Same on my chanel. They make solid points though. We have an excellent team on paper.

Kag

This is an absolute shambles to be honest.

We are basically playing 4-1-5

It is indefensible to be this unorganised at this level really against a team we should be far superior too
I’d agree with this. The last two matches (so far) have bothered me a lot, in truth.

Our midfield options are still hideous, mind. We’re trying to play a formation without the players to do it.

PSV

They can't. We kind of figured this over a year ago, yet we see what we see today. It's unfathomable. Beyond belief.

LARulz

Pundist turning on them. Bein Sports has been harping on about how we seem like a team without a plan or organization. Seems like the press is getting on the Ole out bandwagon.
Finally

oreon

Exactly that's what will happen. Watch them treat this game as a masterlcass if we fluke win it.
We have seen this same movie for the past 2 seasons. Because of the attacking talent they can eek out a win from bad performances. But they are never consistent enough to win the league or UCL. I'm sure we will finish 3rd or 4th or even 2nd but we won't win the league.
The board needs to raise the bar. Are we satisfied with just making top 4 or do we want to win major titles.