We are an awfully coached team

It's the hope of somehow turning it around that kills you.
Aye, I’ve gone back and forth hoping he’ll defy all logic by coming from Norway to bringing United back to the top, to hoping the club will replace him with a modern attacking manager that drills his teams, to hoping that buying good enough players will manage it regardless of who is in the dugout.
I’m all out of hope almost, resigned to that final hope that a great squad will eventually do it regardless, cause the club are all in on Ole, he’s here no matter.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
Ole doesn’t coach movement or pressing because he coaches moments like that. Take that, haters.

Mike Smalling

If a serious contender for the top four emerges (Leicester or Everton, for example) I would be seriously worried. Our points haul has been good so far, but if we are being honest our 6 points from Wolves and West Ham could easily have been just 1.

L1nk

Waiting on all the lovers to come in and say we played amazingly well now and he needs more time because of that freekick

Paul778

I've always been an Ole advocate and over the past few years I could still see him as a positive influence. After LVG and Jose we needed someone to change the mindset away from the toxicity both of them generated. We've managed to improve the personel and the atmosphere at the club.

However, for the back end of last season we started to see that he'd brought us as far as he could. The quality of players we had at our disposal had dramatically improved but we still can't do the basics. Everyone knows about the problems in our midfield, but we still have loads of statues on the field, with players clearly waiting for some magic by one of the other players.

Please Ole. Either go, or do what Ferguson did, and add quality additional coaches to the coaching staff to solve the problems.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Hopefully we get a win because we need to qualify but once again, the performance is nowhere near good enough. We need a new coach.

Chappie1984

Happy with the goal but does that not just paper Iver the cracks,it's obvious how poor we are coached or lack off,never forget what ole has done in regards to building the squad but it's time for a change

LARulz

Waiting on all the lovers to come in and say we played amazingly well now and he needs more time because of that freekick
With a strike even the scorer seemed surprised about

Whatever the result, it changes nothing about how well we are coached and out of his depth Ole is. He did incredibly well lifting us from where we were and built a great squad but clearly has no idea what to do

davidmichael

If we manage to win this game it will be the equivalent of putting a plaster on a broken leg, I love Ole the person and loved Ole the player bit Ole the coach isn’t anywhere near good enough and isn’t going to get any better for us.

Chappie1984

If we manage to win this game it will be the equivalent of putting a plaster on a broken leg, I love Ole the person and loved Ole the player bit Ole the coach isn’t anywhere near good enough and isn’t going to get any better for us.
So true,we all need to judge him on the job in hand as a manager and not the past,if this was a van gaal performance we would all be all over him,1 point out of 2 games is poor,if that's acceptable we have fallen a long way

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Unlikely, I know, but it occurred to me that Ole would probably make a very good director of football, or head of football operations.

The attributes that role demands are the areas where he has been most impressive: signing players and staffing, throughout the club on the football side.

As a football manager, we’ve got to expect better than what we’re currently witnessing.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
We need a win at home and we can barely string two passes together . Now watch him come out and use passion, history bla bla

Chappie1984

Unlikely, I know, but it occurred to me that Ole would probably make a very good director of football, or head of football operations.

The attributes that role demands are the areas where he has been most impressive: signing players and staffing, throughout the club on the football side.

As a football manager, we’ve got to expect better than what we’re currently witnessing.
We all need a reality check this is man utd not just Amy old club that settles for not losing,if ole was sacked would.he get a job in the prem again,I would very much doubt it and that's the reality,the nice bloke mentality needs to be forgotten and get back to what he's paid to do and win games at the biggest club in the world

hungrywing

Some people might disagree with you there on Carrick and McKenna.

davidmichael

I’ve been saying that for a long time as Ole is great in bringing the right type of player and character into the club but simply isn’t anywhere near good enough as a coach let alone as head coach, I said well over a year ago that Ole as director of football and Pocchettino as head coach was my ideal scenario.

L1nk

We won 2-1, we are very well coached what are you talking about, dominated from start to finish

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Did anyone catch that coldness from Pogba to Ole?

Pogba knows.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
We won 2-1, we are very well coached what are you talking about, dominated from start to finish
Not even his most ardent fans will say our performance was good tonight.

But, let's not kid ourselves, the 3pts are huge. Performances still have to improve, can't be coasting on these occasional brilliance or half chances falling our way.

The_Midfielder

I think we need to play 3 at the back...
Varane, Victor and Bailey
Telles Lingard
FredMctominay/Pogba
Ronaldo Bruno Sancho

ghagua

Moments FC.

I am done and totally in Ole out mode now. This type of coaching and management is not getting us a trophy.

Joga_Bonito

He’ll play upon, Your naturalistic intuitions…
Some people might disagree with you there on Carrick and McKenna.
Yeah, I did consider that, but in general he’s made a lot of good decisions in those areas.

And by all accounts McKenna is a very good coach at youth levels. What’s baffling is why both McKenna and Carrick, two incredibly inexperienced coaches at the level they’re at, and given the evidence that we’ve seen, retain Ole’s trust.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Part of the reason it's not a good idea to overreact to losses like Villa is that it primes other people to shove it in your face when we then win games like this.

In reality losing to Villa wasn't the end of the world, nor is a win off today's performance a positive sign in terms of coaching. It's just that even with our very real problems we are still in net terms a pretty good team.

bigbob

Sorry Ole, all faith in you has been lost over the last few weeks. You've assembled a brilliant panel bar one glaring weakness and the performances have been nothing like what we should be seeing. We got ripped apart by Villa at the weekend and ripped apart by Villareal today. Only for some awful finishing on their part we'd have been well beaten in both games.

AFC NimbleThumb

Part of the reason it's not a good idea to overreact to losses like Villa is that it primes other people to shove it in your face when we then win games like this.

In reality losing to Villa wasn't the end of the world, nor is a win off today's performance a positive sign in terms of coaching. It's just that even with our very real problems we are still in net terms a pretty good team.
We played shite in both games, no one was overreacting to that dross on the weekend. Nice try though.

Maxii

Paad
Just after the final whistle. Ole runs up behind Pogba, pat on the back, rub of the head, pat on the chest. Ole looking at him and Pogba just stared off into the distance with no acknowledgement to Ole at all

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Ole master class. Happy for him and the team. Verry verry happpy.