We are an awfully coached team

Foxbatt

They wouldn’t under LVG.
Agree with you. If Ole is not coaching then it's a problem with his coaching staff. Sometimes you can get tunnel vision. That's why SAF gets people from outside of United. They bring a different perspective.

SAF is the GOAT

They wouldn’t under LVG.
On what basis do you say that exactly ?

The player that had the most touches on the ball was DDG.

We always passed the ball backwards.

LVG was fortunate that Jose managed us after him because if not - his football was eventually get announced as the most boring and negative football we've ever seen.

Mainoldo

On what basis do you say that exactly ?

The player that had the most touches on the ball was DDG.

We always passed the ball backwards.

LVG was fortunate that Jose managed us after him because if not - his football was eventually get announced as the most boring and negative football we've ever seen.
He played possession football. It means your players have to retain possession. I don’t know what needs explaining.

croadyman

Agree with you. If Ole is not coaching then it's a problem with his coaching staff. Sometimes you can get tunnel vision. That's why SAF gets people from outside of United. They bring a different perspective.
Yeah that's why I am surprised Ole hasn't done that because he seems to model himself on Fergie so much

Foxbatt

Yeah that's why I am surprised Ole hasn't done that because he seems to model himself on Fergie so much
You cannot be somebody that you are not. He simply should forget about Fergie and try to be himself. He should not be looking for ex players but looking to get the best available.

MattofManchester

Quite frankly, the biggest problem we have is the complete lack of movement. It starts with the passing out the back. Everyone is rooted to position, and so we're easy to press into corners.

Same with the attack. Pass it around to static players hoping for something to happen.

Interestingly, we're best when busting a gut on the counter, which has also died recently as players are either making bad decisions or there's no support.

Been a prevalent issue for a long time now.

Foxbatt

Quite frankly, the biggest problem we have is the complete lack of movement. It starts with the passing out the back. Everyone is rooted to position, and so we're easy to press into corners.

Same with the attack. Pass it around to static players hoping for something to happen.

Interestingly, we're best when busting a gut on the counter, which has also died recently as players are either making bad decisions or there's no support.

This is exactly why Jose got his tactics right in the EL Final. He bypassed the Ajax press and got the ball to Fellaini in midfield. Ajax never got a chance.
Now I am not saying that we should play every game by not passing from the back.
We should have options available. If they are pressing we don't pass around at the back. No matter how we pass from the back we lose that ball in midfield or our forwards cannot keep it and invariably the opposition gets it.

croadyman

Yeah it really has and got me thinking when was the last season where we didn't look static

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
This is exactly why Jose got his tactics right in the EL Final. He bypassed the Ajax press and got the ball to Fellaini in midfield. Ajax never got a chance.
Now I am not saying that we should play every game by not passing from the back.
We should have options available. If they are pressing we don't pass around at the back. No matter how we pass from the back we lose that ball in midfield or our forwards cannot keep it and invariably the opposition gets it.
If I recall correctly, he also set a trap for Davinson Sanchez at the time - he was comfortable passing short but carrying the ball or passing long he looked like Bambi on ice. Jose correctly identified that sitting off him was more beneficial - didn't matter how much time he had on the ball, he'd never do much damage. Has subsequently been proven true at Spurs as well.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I don't watch them but found this familiar comment interesting about a supposed upgrade:

(About to lose top spot to Lille at the top of Ligue 1)

AgentSmith

I don't watch them but found this familiar comment interesting about a supposed upgrade:

(About to lose top spot to Lille at the top of Ligue 1)
Almost as if Poch took over 1/2 way through the season and has only had 3 months with the players.

Hardly a reasonable comparison to Solskjaer who’s approaching 28 months.

Leftback99

Almost as if Poch took over 1/2 way through the season and has only had 3 months with the players.

Like I said I just found it interesting. The grass isn't so much greener elsewhere (I know that from watching other teams though).

I see your comment works both ways on here "look what Tuchel has done in a few weeks" (not so good today) and similar. I'm pretty sure when we had a rocky start to the season I'd find a few comments saying get x in now and he'll have us playing a lot better. Which is it?

big rons sovereign

Hmm, half way through a season in a 1 team league with a team funded by a country or half way through a season in the premier league with a team on its arse after the manager had self destructed and sabotaged the season. It's a tough one.

AgentSmith

Hmm, half way through a season in a 1 team league with a team funded by a country or half way through a season in the premier league with a team on its arse after the manager had self destructed and sabotaged the season. It's a tough one.
Neither are reasonable comparisons. That was literally my point.

Infra-red

Like I said I just found it interesting. The grass isn't so much greener elsewhere (I know that from watching other teams though).

I see your comment works both ways on here "look what Tuchel has done in a few weeks" (not so good today) and similar. I'm pretty sure when we had a rocky start to the season I'd find a few comments saying get x in now and he'll have us playing a lot better. Which is it?
It's both, isn't it? Those two positions aren't contradictory - it is possible for a new manager to have a positive impact and begin implementing his principles of play, but equally, his work cannot be properly judged until he has been in position for a longer period (and ideally had a chance to get a few of his own players in and taken the team through a pre-season).

You'd expect a really top manager to have some positive effects pretty quickly and it's fair to praise them for those changes, but you can't judge them too harshly for those problems that they have failed to immediately rectify (particularly if they are contending with a congested schedule resulting in limited time on the training ground).

Leftback99

It's both, isn't it? Those two positions aren't contradictory - it is possible for a new manager to have a positive impact and begin implementing his principles of play, but equally, his work cannot be properly judged until he has been in position for a longer period (and ideally had a chance to get a few of his own players in and taken the team through a pre-season).

You'd expect a really top manager to have some positive effects pretty quickly and it's fair to praise them for those changes, but you can't judge them too harshly for those problems that they have failed to immediately rectify (particularly if they are contending with a congested schedule resulting in limited time on the training ground).
Not contradictory but can be used as a 'no lose' situation. Expected to improve from the last guy but excuses ready when he doesn't.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline

So you’d agree those who were using Tuchel as a stick to beat Ole with were being ridiculous?

Infra-red

Not contradictory but can be used as a 'no lose' situation. Expected to improve from the last guy but excuses ready when he doesn't.
First few months are, within reason, a 'no lose' situation, which is fair considering they have only just started their job. That obviously changes when you have been in the job for seven or eight months, bought some of your own players and been through a full pre-season (with all of the time on the training ground that affords you).

If in November/December PSG still have "the least cohesive identity & sequencing when it comes to build-up play", then it would be fair pin that on Pochettino.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
No excuses. Poch will rightly get sacked if his results/performances don't improve. Probably at the end of the season. Some top clubs are more proactive than others.

Leftback99

Rodgers not living up to the hype of last time out today.

City are on another level to everyone else though.

AgentSmith

So you’d agree those who were using Tuchel as a stick to beat Ole with were being ridiculous?
I think comparing managers without any appreciation for the differing contexts they find themselves in is a pointless endeavour.

I find both sections of the divide ridiculous tbh. Using Tuchel or Poch to shit on Ole or shitting on Tuchel or Poch to defend Ole are both pretty tiresome arguments to read. I agree the former is probably more annoying though.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I think comparing managers without any appreciation for the differing contexts they find themselves in is a pointless endeavour.

I find both sections of the divide ridiculous tbh. Using Tuchel or Poch to shit on Ole or shitting on Tuchel or Poch to defend Ole are both pretty tiresome arguments to read. I agree the former is probably more annoying though.
Yep, agreed!

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Twenty minutes in tonight and the difference in coaching between these two sides is so noticeable.

Everything we do is off the cuff and ponderous. In defence, we continually look an embarrassment at set pieces. Why do we have one of Europe’s most aerially dominant players in Maguire as far away as humanly possible from the opposition’s danger men when defending set pieces? It’s an absolute disgrace.

How many more times must we see Wan-Bissaka and Fred try to compete with opponents like Dunk whilst Maguire - I presume under instruction - stand idly by around the six-yard box? It’s a nigh-on sackable offence at this stage that it’s gone unaddressed.

thesheriffjw

I must say, how many times do utd back off, back off and back off?

its such an awful way to defend

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Twenty minutes in tonight and the difference in coaching between these two sides is so noticeable.

Everything we do is off the cuff and ponderous. In defence, we continually look an embarrassment at set pieces. Why do we have one of Europe’s most aerially dominant players in Maguire as far away as humanly possible from the opposition’s danger men when defending set pieces? It’s an absolute disgrace.

How many more times must we see Wan-Bissaka and Fred try to compete with opponents like Dunk whilst Maguire - I presume under instruction - stand idly by around the six-yard box? It’s a nigh-on sackable offence at this stage that it’s gone unaddressed.
Yep even a newborn baby can seen this.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
There are some people who at the end of the week just check the table and say we are still second so should be good . If you actually watch us play then you can't possibly believe that this is good enough in any way . We are miles off being a good team and this manager has been in charge for over 2 years

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Sitting looking clueless again waiting/hoping for bruno or pogba to bail him out as usual.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
We're shit. Ole and his staff are so shit at their jobs. Only at Man United can be absolute dog shit at your job, be paid millions and never get sacked.

PoTMS

Our team is shit apparently. Brighton have better players.

Phil

Potter has had longer to implement a system and our players con't compare, probably

Foxbatt

Good coaches don't get players to carry the ball. They move the ball. We carry the ball. Just watch us play. We pass when there is nothing the player in possession can do.
We are awfully coached for sure. Give this lot to a decent coach and we can win trophies.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Sacked ? He is getting a raise
Hilarious, right? Im sorry but Ole is awful at this. Like absolutely terrible. Yet we're looking to keep him on for longer. What the actual feck?

We look like we've never played a match together. The usual suspects will be back with a list of shit excuses to defend their man. But its the same old story. Awful manager = awful performances almost every game.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I just laugh at this point. Hopefully by the time OGS is using a cane, he can think of a style of play and implement it.