g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

We are an awfully coached team

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Do you have any idea how long it took your club to realize even after the 8-2 mauling that your ‘old school manager’ was done with coaching ‘modern football’?
Answer: AGES.

At least ours won’t take that long. And even so far under Ole, we haven’t reached embarrassment levels of that stature yet. :lol: You know? The level, where you can go from a clubs main rival to their favourite spanking joke in club football. :lol:

Lastly, you guys have done amazing hiring a modern football manager eh? Same position as last season if I’m not wrong. :lol:

I’d continue having a laugh at your expense but I’ll let you sleep over my current comments for now before I share the rest.
Didnt Spurs beat us 6-1 at Old Trafford this season?

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Didnt Spurs beat us 6-1 at Old Trafford this season?
Of course. And that’s not the only embarrassing result that we’ve suffered. But we’ve also gone through the process of changing managers to overcome our short comings or atleast have to want to over the last decade.

I was just reminding this arsenal fan that it’s easy to come have sly digs at us United fans, some of whom aren’t even supportive of our current manager. But atleast we’re not continuing to support a lost cause like Wenger was way past his prime.

Not sure what your purpose was to even remind me about the 6-1? You may have missed the reason why I reminded the arsenal fan of all those things.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Of course. And that’s not the only embarrassing result that we’ve suffered. But we’ve also gone through the process of changing managers to overcome our short comings or atleast have to want to over the last decade.

I was just reminding this arsenal fan that it’s easy to come have sly digs at us United fans, some of whom aren’t even supportive of our current manager. But atleast we’re not continuing to support a lost cause like Wenger was way past his prime.

Not sure what your purpose was to even remind me about the 6-1? You may have missed the reason why I reminded the arsenal fan of all those things.
We have reached those embarassment levels. No one is talking about Arsenal, you are just making digs based on the club which he supports and it is totally irrelevant to what he's saying. I think he's directing at the "Ole In's, who are in full numbers.

Wenger's situation was far more complex than you portray it to be anyway. Many fans wanted him out for years, however that team was quite awful as well. They had no money to spend, nowhere comparable to this United team that is one of the most expensive teams around. (And we now need to spend another 200 million to have "progress).

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
We have reached those embarassment levels. No one is talking about Arsenal, you are just making digs based on the club which he supports and it is totally irrelevant to what he's saying. I think he's directing at the "Ole In's, who are in full numbers.

Wenger's situation was far more complex than you portray it to be anyway. Many fans wanted him out for years, however that team was quite awful as well. They had no money to spend, nowhere comparable to this United team that is one of the most expensive teams around. (And we now need to spend another 200 million to have "progress).
No sir I would advise reading his post and my reply to it again.

It was to do with saying we fans are being inclined to enjoy our current manager. It’s not in our control. Same way his fans who also knew Wenger should leave but the decision wasn’t up to them.

Knowing a manager is doing right or wrong is a whole other conversation compared to is he justifiably still employed or not.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Its a poorly hidden secret that Ole does very little of the day to day coaching himself, but hes still responsible for picking his coaches. If he chooses to die on he Carrick/McKenna hill then so be it, but its a bit weird imo

Everyone struggles with low blocks, but we are especially bad at them. What is even worse is our complete inability to deal with balls into our own box.

We wont win shit as long as every set piece against is a huge chance to concede
Exactly. Against low blocks you need patterns of play drilled into the players to break things up. We are just passing the ball around, slow and clueless. We have not created one real chance in 120 minutes, and that was not the first time.

It won't be easy to stand our ground against Klopp, Tuchel and Guardiola next season.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
No sir I would advise reading his post and my reply to it again.

It was to do with saying we fans are being inclined to enjoy our current manager. It’s not in our control. Same way his fans who also knew Wenger should leave but the decision wasn’t up to them.

Knowing a manager is doing right or wrong is a whole other conversation compared to is he justifiably still employed or not.
I disagree, I think he is spot on. Look at this club and the whole "Ole's at the weel". He did quite alright as interim-manager but even after the bounce, he bottled the opportunity to end top 4 by going on a poor streak vs poor opposition at the end of that season.

The football wasnt great throughout, but we had a nice bounce when he first joined. United and her fans don't spot that, that even his interim-time wasn't enough to give him the job. He didnt first bottle today, it started back then. Back then it should have been clear that yes we have some good results but it is unsustainable by the performance level.

Which has gone on to happen multiple times under his tenure but the fans keep getting fooled.

Even against Roma, 6-2, @Wumminator was mocking fans that criticised the general performance level of United. But ooooh, we win one match greatly and all of a sudden we are great, and other fans re-iterate that. We have shown after that 6-2 clearly that we are far from where we need to be. But this too, will be missed by a lot of fans.

"Just throw more money, we have had progress, it's a penalty shoot-out, among other rubbish".

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
The post i was responding to blamed tactics.

Nothing wrong with the tactics, in hindsight Rashford should never have started and should have been hauled at HT the latests, but the other than that the team selection and tactics were fine
The tactics arent fine if you barely create anything I'd say.

The intent/desire to attack and take them on was alright. But tactically there is almost nothing to this team, Bielsa said it.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
Christ. You want to purge the club of fans you dont agree with?

Thats more than a little worrying
I dont think it is a matter of disagreeing. Wouldn't say I want to purge Wumminator but Wumminator wanted to rather purge fans that we're critical during the 6-2 match. However he isn't big enough to come back on it, when clearly the criticisms were valid as we have seen the past few weeks.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
I disagree, I think he is spot on. Look at this club and the whole "Ole's at the weel". He did quite alright as interim-manager but even after the bounce, he bottled the opportunity to end top 4 by going on a poor streak vs poor opposition at the end of that season.

The football wasnt great throughout, but we had a nice bounce when he first joined. United and her fans don't spot that, that even his interim-time wasn't enough to give him the job. He didnt first bottle today, it started back then. Back then it should have been clear that yes we have some good results but it is unsustainable by the performance level.

Which has gone on to happen multiple times under his tenure but the fans keep getting fooled.

Even against Roma, 6-2, @Wumminator was mocking fans that criticised the general performance level of United. But ooooh, we win one match greatly and all of a sudden we are great, and other fans re-iterate that. We have shown after that 6-2 clearly that we are far from where we need to be. But this too, will be missed by a lot of fans.

"Just throw more money, we have had progress, it's a penalty shoot-out, among other rubbish".
Buddy, are you even listening? I’m so lost.

The conversation was between me and the arsenal fan and you somehow turned it into explaining to me the job Ole did? And also involved another poster by tagging him? I never even wanted to discuss Ole’s performances with you to begin with.

Im really not interested in your views about his tenure. You should have a different separate conversation with this other poster that you tagged privately without involving me. Cheers

Giggsyking

Christ. You want to purge the club of fans you dont agree with?

Thats more than a little worrying
I am just using Ole in fans logic. Ole critics was under constant ridicule and online bullying from Ole's fanboys (like the one i quoted) just for writing their own OPINIONS that they were entitled for about the manager whether it makes sense to you or not. Supporting blindly a mediocre manager on the expense of the club's success itself does not make you a better fan.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
The tactics arent fine if you barely create anything I'd say.

The intent/desire to attack and take them on was alright. But tactically there is almost nothing to this team, Bielsa said it.
They defended in two banks all game, and as far as offensive firepower is concerned, we started with pretty much everyone we had available. There was no space in the middle so the only option really was to get it wide and what little we did create came from there.

If you only had to do X, Y and Z tactical move to overcome a parked bus then no one would bother to do the latter

In hindsight, Ole should have started with Fred/Donny and McTomminay in the middle, Pogba out left and Rashford on the bench as an impact sub, but other than that its not like we had loads of game changers on the bench

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I am just using Ole in fans logic. Ole critics was under constant ridicule and online bullying from Ole's fanboys (like the one i quoted) just for writing their own OPINIONS that they were entitled for about the manager whether it makes sense to you or not. Supporting blindly a mediocre manager on the expense of the club's success itself does not make you a better fan.
So just because someone shares an opinion on something you will hold them accountable as well? I think i know which thread you are thinking of and while i dont really agree with calling out posters like that it was kinda funny seeing all the OTT reactions to a game we won 6-2.

It seems you've convinced yourself that everyone that backs Ole is somehow part of some weird **** that thinks he should be untouchable which is simply wrong. I've backed him and still do to some extent but i'm afraid yesterday was a turning point for the worse. A trophy yesterday would have been massive both for him and the players, but the manner in which we bottled it was not encouraging at all.

Now that Conte looks to be available i actually would not be opposed to replacing him because unlike all the other (ridiculous) suggestions that have been floated like Hassenhuttl and fecking Potter, hes actually a proven top manager

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
“Embarrassing”

let me tell you something, if you find it embarrassing to get 2nd and get to a final to lose on penalties to a side who don’t play football then I’d say you should probably choose a new team.

doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see there is clear progress from what Mourinho left us and now. The fact that our squad isn’t as strong as city’s that’s on the owners

PoTMS

“Embarrassing”

let me tell you something, if you find it embarrassing to get 2nd and get to a final to lose on penalties to a side who don’t play football then I’d say you should probably choose a new team.

doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see there is clear progress from what Mourinho left us and now. The fact that our squad isn’t as strong as city’s that’s on the owners
But does it take a team as strong as City's to beat 7th placed Villareal in 120 minutes? By God, they are beyond shite. Our European exploits this season have definitely been embarrassing.

golden_blunder

Staff
But does it take a team as strong as City's to beat 7th placed Villareal in 120 minutes? By God, they are beyond shite. Our European exploits this season have definitely been embarrassing.
Embarrassing? Give over

by your logic we just turn up and win. No underdogs ever win

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Its a one off game ffs!

Does it take Kane + current city team to beat Brighton? Or wba?

Does it take current chelsea team + a few more signings to beat WBA? Or us + Sancho to beat SHU?

PoTMS

Embarrassing? Give over
You don't think the players feel embarrassed by yesterday's defeat? Nor Ole? You, yourself, don't feel embarrassed by being the laughing stock of Europe? Do you not think Madrid or Barcelona would be embarrassed if they were getting knocked out of first and second tier competitions in the manner we have this season? Even Arsenal were embarrassed were losing to this shite and they are much worse than us.

Again, league results have been acceptable and finishing second is signs of progress, but our end product and performances in Europe have been found wanting, first the Champions League and then Europa League, in a competition where we were comfortably the better side.

PoTMS

Its a one off game ffs!

Does it take current chelsea team + a few more signings to beat WBA? Or us + Sancho to beat SHU?
And what about PSG away? And Leipzig away? And Man City in the League Cup semi's? Or Leicester in the FA Cup quarter's? Or any big team in the league this season? You can't keep burying your head in the sand and just saying it's one game. There's a clear pattern here. When the pressure is on, we wet our pants.

golden_blunder

Staff
You don't think the players feel embarrassed by yesterday's defeat? Nor Ole? You, yourself, don't feel embarrassed by being the laughing stock of Europe? Do you not think Madrid or Barcelona would be embarrassed if they were getting knocked out of first and second tier competitions in the manner we have this season? Even Arsenal were embarrassed were losing to this shite and they are much worse than us.

Again, league results have been acceptable and finishing second is signs of progress, but our end product and performances in Europe have been found wanting, first the Champions League and then Europa League, in a competition where we were comfortably the better side.
Listen to yourself. Laughing stock of Europe. Jesus Christ

PoTMS

Maybe not Europe but laughing stock of England, that's for sure. I'm not sure why and how you can dispute that? We lost in a second tier competition whereby we were by far and away the best team in it. You're right in that underdogs can win. But it doesn't stop the favourite from licking its wounds and being embarrassed, especially in the context of the season.

MadMike

Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see there is clear progress from what Mourinho left us and now. The fact that our squad isn’t as strong as city’s that’s on the owners
You’re a site admin so this will cop me a ban more likely but so be it... Anyone who claims that there is clear progress under Ole should stop at specsavers on the way to the psychiatrist. There must be something amiss there’s no other explanation.

Mourinho won two cups in his first season and got 69 points. In his second season he got 81 points and finished second. Meanwhile Ole has botched every cup run with his amateurish in-game management and won nothing. He finished on 66 points on his first season and 74 on his second. Both seasons lower than the tally Mourinho had. Apparently Liverpool imploding is improvement for us though.

The team has no concrete pattern of play, it can’t defend set pieces, can’t break low blocks and if you believe anyone here it apparently it has no bench worth subbing anyone in the starting XI for despite nearly 200m on transfers. This is clear progress? What does regression look like then?

The 2 things Ole has tangibly improved are the toxic dressing room atmosphere under Mou and the recruitment strategy being geared more towards long-termism than short-termism with a focus on younger players. That’s it. Otherwise he’s a smile merchant who says the things some people want to hear about “club dna” and “playing the Manchester United way” and blah blah while being well out of his depth in tactics and management.

Simply put, on the field, the team performs worse than it did. That’s on Ole.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
They defended in two banks all game, and as far as offensive firepower is concerned, we started with pretty much everyone we had available. There was no space in the middle so the only option really was to get it wide and what little we did create came from there.

If you only had to do X, Y and Z tactical move to overcome a parked bus then no one would bother to do the latter

In hindsight, Ole should have started with Fred/Donny and McTomminay in the middle, Pogba out left and Rashford on the bench as an impact sub, but other than that its not like we had loads of game changers on the bench
So Bayern/City/Liverpool/PSG/Real/Barca wouldnt be able to get through this parked bus you'd say? Just nothing to do about it with our current team?

golden_blunder

Staff
Maybe not Europe but laughing stock of England, that's for sure. I'm not sure why and how you can dispute that? We lost in a second tier competition whereby we were by far and away the best team in it. You're right in that underdogs can win. But it doesn't stop the favourite from licking its wounds and being embarrassed, especially in the context of the season.
2nd
Laughing stock if England. Jesus Christ

im embarrassed for you. Calm down and come back

anant

And what about PSG away? And Leipzig away? And Man City in the League Cup semi's? Or Leicester in the FA Cup quarter's? Or any big team in the league this season? You can't keep burying your head in the sand and just saying it's one game. There's a clear pattern here. When the pressure is on, we wet our pants.
We won at Paris btw.

And continuing your post - what about PSG away? Leipzig at Home? Man City in league? or Pool in the FA Cup? We lost 3 games against big 6 this season, which is I think as good as any other side(?) this season. You can't pick and choose the big games and define those on basis of results. There barely is any pattern here

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
You’re a site admin so this will cop me a ban more likely but so be it... Anyone who claims that there is clear progress under Ole should stop at specsavers on the way to the psychiatrist. There must be something amiss there’s no other explanation.

Mourinho won two cups in his first season and got 69 points. In his second season he got 81 points and finished second. Meanwhile Ole has botched every cup run with his amateurish in-game management and won nothing. He finished on 66 points on his first season and 74 on his second. Both seasons lower than the tally Mourinho had. Apparently Liverpool imploding is improvement for us though.

The team has no concrete pattern of play, it can’t defend set pieces, can’t break low blocks and if you believe anyone here it apparently it has no bench worth subbing anyone in the starting XI for despite nearly 200m on transfers. This is clear progress? What does regression look like then?

The 2 things Ole has tangibly improved are the toxic dressing room atmosphere under Mou and the recruitment strategy being geared more towards long-termism than short-termism with a focus on younger players. That’s it. Otherwise he’s a smile merchant who says the things some people want to hear about “club dna” and “playing the Manchester United way” and blah blah while being well out of his depth in tactics and management.

I think this sums it up about well, neither are good enough though.

led_scholes

Its a one off game ffs!

The European Campaign was not a one off game. Two and half years later and after spending millions, we lost to Baherskehir, Leipzig and Villarreal in the same year. The sum of their budget is less than our, and yet we still blame squad depth. Or maybe because Ole spent 75 millions this year and he didn't use any of the signings, bar Cavani.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
We need to get back to the SAF days where we knew we would more or less easily break down and beat over 90% of the low block or mid table teams 2-0 / 3-0. This also requires not to concede first almost every single time.
In the premier league at least based on this season I can only say this about City.
All the other top teams including us you mostly can’t say this with confidence before such a game.
For us this needs to change next season. And we bloody need to hire a set piece coach. I got the impression in the last years that they are losing importance, but even top teams are scoring through set pieces now all the time whereas we are bad at them in terms of attacking and defending.
Regarding yesterday I still don’t get our game plan. We had enough days to prepare for it. If you start with all your best attacking players then you have to at least make sure that you score at least a couple of goals. Don’t even want to talk (again) about the lack of timely subs. Really bad day at the office from Ole and his staff.

hubbuh

Rubbish. Liverpool weren't the laughing stock of England when they lost to Sevilla, I don't think anyone really cared that much. It's hard to care that much when it's the Europa League.

golden_blunder

Staff

I won’t ban you

I don’t agree with you though. If you don’t believe that a squad which before last night was in high morale, 2nd in the league is progress then I don’t know. You mention Liverpool but you could say that about anyone. When we won the league, a few times you could put it down to bad challenges as well as us taking the points.
Your eyes would tell you that there is progress. Look at the goals scored column, we have scored our most league goals since 2012-2013.
yes there are a few squad upgrades that could improve us even more, that’s on the owners now, all eyes on them

anant

The European Campaign was not a one off game. Two and half years later and after spending millions, we lost to Baherskehir, Leipzig and Villarreal in the same year. The sum of their budget is less than our, and yet we still blame squad depth. Or maybe because Ole spent 75 millions this year and he didn't use any of the signings, bar Cavani.
The final was a one off game unless I missed the previous legs of the final.

If I'm losing to an inferior team over two legs, sure the outrage makes sense, but over one leg upsets happen. Lyon beat City last year, RBL beat Atleti, and so on.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Well said

led_scholes

The final was a one off game unless I missed the previous legs of the final.

If I'm losing to an inferior team over two legs, sure the outrage makes sense, but over one leg upsets happen. Lyon beat City last year, RBL beat Atleti, and so on.
You missed my point. I would accept losing a one off game. But we lost other games in Europe this year against much smaller teams. It is a pattern not something that happened once.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
This post and other actions of the moderation team show they are clearly Ole fanboys for the most part. Give me another warning, I couldn't care less.

If you think finishing second and bottling one final after bottling 5 semifinals is what United is all about, you are letting the Glazers and the current management of the club get away with the proverbial murder of our standards as a top club.

Abraxas

Total nonsense to say it's embarrassing. It implies it's a given we will win. In reality everybody knew we were big favourites and must do much better, but it's not like we lost to Accrington Stanley. We are playing a good side who exploited some of our weaknesses, with a fairly cynical but hugely successful style on the day. We didn't have enough going forward and lost on penalties.

Other fans are always going to mock us when we stumble, we can't be influenced in our analysis by what they are saying. Plenty of big clubs have had poor seasons and end empty handed or below expectations, shall we all sit around calling them embarrassing too? It's a very immature and entitled perspective.

It's sport, you have one winner and a bunch of losers and unfortunately we ended up on the wrong side through a poor performance, good application from the opposition, and possibly through many mistakes we made on the day. If everytime we fall short it is embarrassing and the world is caving in then that fan is going to struggle supporting United into the future because the landscape is very different to when I was younger. We are a contender among many now and that's just the cold, hard reality.

stw2022

He either doesn’t trust himself to influence the game tactically or he isn’t able to.

Pick one because...it’s one. Surrounding himself with friends and familiar faces isn’t helping

Crustanoid

I knew this thread would reappear. Just like a turd that won’t flush. With a load of rectal sputum (the Ole Out posters, in case of any doubt) circling around.