We are an awfully coached team

Ralaks

The most shocking decision was clearly holding out for penalties when our goalkeeper has such a shocking record. Everyone here, the pundits on the telly, etc. called out the same. Fair enough - you don't want to embarrass DDG, but then instead at least go for it instead of playing 30 mins with dead tired players. We barely touched the football in either halves. Literally holding till the last 30 seconds and a throw in to us before having the guts to throw in Mata and Telles.

Fair enough they haven't performed against fit and energetic players, but surely they could do something against tired Villareal players. For a manager who prides himself in man management his trust in his squad is abysmal.

We have very little game plan against low block teams, and it has cost us heavily this season. Dropping points against Sheffield and WBA when we were in contention, to here now in the final. It's pretty obvious this is a big an issue as the unreliability at the back. Now it's up to Ole and his team to figure out how we proceed to solve this over the summer - if there is no improvement - then it is pretty clear he isn't the right cut for the job anymore. We can't win titles based purely on individual brilliance saving us every time.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
So Bayern/City/Liverpool/PSG/Real/Barca wouldnt be able to get through this parked bus you'd say? Just nothing to do about it with our current team?
This particular game? Impossible to say, but its not like those teams have a 100% win rate either is it?

As i said, starting and then keeping Rashford on all game was a feck up, but this idea that every time we lose or play badly its just tactics or coaching is daft. None of our big hitters performed yesterday. We had no game changers on the bench that could make any kind of meaningful impact against that set up.

If we still had Zlatan or Matial was fit and in form they might have added another threat, but Mata, Donny and Amad would not have made any difference

McTomminay, Greenwood and Shaw did well, the rest ranged from poor to absolutely shite

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
This post and other actions of the moderation team show they are clearly Ole fanboys for the most part. Give me another warning, I couldn't care less.

If you think finishing second and bottling one final after bottling 5 semifinals is what United is all about, you are letting the Glazers and the current management of the club get away with the proverbial murder of our standards as a top club.
Your post should jog on

DarkDog

Don’t blame Ole, he has proved that he can get the best out of the team. Problem has been non existant owners/ lack of investment in the last 2 years. in the final Ole played with the same players that he had when he signed for us. He doesn’t have anybody to bring from bench. that is all because the club isn’t backing him?
Rashford is clearly dealing with some issues.
We need to keep hitting Glazers, we need to absolutely attack Glazer at the fans forum.
But given all that, do you think that Dean would have let 11 out of 11 pens behind him?
If i’ve seen Rashford so disinterested and Greenwood given his all, I would have never let Rashford stay in game and taken out Mason
but all in all, last summer came back to haunt us. Glazers/Ed needed more money than Ole needed his transfers

Hammondo

This particular game? Impossible to say, but its not like those teams have a 100% win rate either is it?

As i said, starting and then keeping Rashford on all game was a feck up, but this idea that every time we lose or play badly its just tactics or coaching is daft. None of our big hitters performed yesterday. We had no game changers on the bench that could make any kind of meaningful impact against that set up.

If we still had Zlatan or Matial was fit and in form they might have added another threat, but Mata, Donny and Amad would not have made any difference

McTomminay, Greenwood and Shaw did well, the rest ranged from poor to absolutely shite
AWB did well.

MO_Football92

Supports
Arsenal
We don't have the spending powers of your team. We have a mediore manager with limited funds. You guys have the most fund in the league bar Man City.

Your fanbase can't recognise a new manager bounch. Winning games with counter-attacking football is not a sign that the manager is a good manager.

Many fans seem to do when Ole is winning, even if it was a bad win.
I actually think Ole has done a good job for United actually, despite lack of trophies.

Would have him over Arteta everyday.

MadMike

I won’t ban you

I don’t agree with you though. If you don’t believe that a squad which before last night was in high morale, 2nd in the league is progress then I don’t know. You mention Liverpool but you could say that about anyone. When we won the league, a few times you could put it down to bad challenges as well as us taking the points.
Your eyes would tell you that there is progress. Look at the goals scored column, we have scored our most league goals since 2012-2013.
yes there are a few squad upgrades that could improve us even more, that’s on the owners now, all eyes on them
2nd in the league on fewer points is not progress on 3 years ago. It objectively isn't it. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts, there's no sugar-coating reality. It's merely a tiny progress on the last two terrible seasons in which we collected 66 points and finished 30 points off the top. Ole has marginally improved on his own last season low, but it's still lower than Mourinho's. That's it. And I'm not even a proponent of Mourinho I hated the guy and I hated his overly defensive playstyle.

This team is nowhere near inching closer to being a challenging team. Goals scored tells me nothing. I see Liverpool and City playing with much more fluidity, style and identity than we do. I could see Klopp developing a style on his second season at Liverpool and building a team with his identity for the same money that we squandered, but I see nothing at United. I see more frailties if anything. I see a weaker mentality, worse coaching and worse squad management. I don't see a manager with the nous and tactical acumen to perform better.

This team will go back to fighting for 3rd-4th next season because clearly 2 teams are better than us and a 3rd team (Chelsea) is catching up fast. Some senior players will lose faith in the project and the direction of the team. Pogba will likely leave. If we don't get top 4 Ole will be sacked and we'll doing this all over again while people on here will still be mumbling about progress.

Last edited:

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You missed my point. I would accept losing a one off game. But we lost other games in Europe this year against much smaller teams. It is a pattern not something that happened once.
Leipzig isnt a small team. They might not be an expensively built team, but their recruitment has been top class for 5-6 years, maybe more. And that's the difference between us and a lot of "inferior" teams including Leicester as well.

Till Mou's appointment, 90% of our signings were brain-dead signings which made 0 sense when you think what they could achieve. The transition lasted this long because we were focussed on taking short-cuts- signing ready made players, and by the time the younger players would have reached peak years, the ready-made players bought would be in their twilight - Mkhi, Zlatan, Matic, Schweinsteiger,Alexis being prime examples of this.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Your post should jog on
Yup, you must be the one that gave me a warning for derailing a thread when Wumminator is encouraged to spew his BS each time we win against a pub team.

The fact is, opinions against the manager get shut down on here if we're doing well but if we're doing poorly, somehow the Ole fanboys have to have their safe space.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Yup, you must be the one that gave me a warning for derailing a thread when Wumminator is encouraged to spew his BS each time we win against a pub team.

The fact is, opinions against the manager get shut down on here if we're doing well but if we're doing poorly, somehow the Ole fanboys have to have their safe space.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you seen this fecking place! If anything shit opinions and agenda posters are given far too much liberty. Any other forum and I'm quite sure some of the posters (everyone knows who they are) would have been permed by now

Denis79

I knew this thread would reappear. Just like a turd that won’t flush. With a load of rectal sputum (the Ole Out posters, in case of any doubt) circling around.
Ole has done just enough to keep the job imo. The "Outs" are making it like we're absolutely shit while the "Ins" pretend we like we have done miracles. Truth is somewhere in the middle.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I think I have crossed over, finally, to the Ole out side. Or at least, if not Ole out, then Carrick/McKenna out. He needs his Carlos Quieroz.

I am totally confident that a few better players would jot win us the league. Even if we signed Mbappé and Neymar. Meanwhile I’m also confident that City could win the league with Gabriel Jesus up front for the entire season. We need to go back to the drawing board and modernise our game, otherwise I’d imagine that this is as far as we can go.

El Jefe

I've had enough of people saying he's just the manager and delegates the coaching to Carrick and McKenna and that they are responsible. No the feck they aren't, this is all on Ole, he's the manager and is the one that has given them this responsibility, he's also said they are better at the coaching aspect of the game which is downright laughable.

He points to Fergie as a model but I have no doubt SAF could coach and probably did a lot of it at Aberdeen and early days at United. Bringing in new coaches was his way of introducing fresh ideas and innovation to the team. Ole is way too young and early in the game to be relying on coaches the way he does.

I bet Klopp, Pep and Tuchel probably wet themselves laughing when they heard him say he wasn't really a coach. The manager/head coach has other coaches with them to implement their style and way of play. What did Ole know about Mckenna and Carrick's coaching identity and how did they fit with his philosophy? We've got a manager with no real identity who has delegated coaching to fairly rookie coaches. That's exactly what we look like when you watch us, we just happen to have some really good players

Handré1990

Ole has done just enough to keep the job imo. The "Outs" are making it like we're absolutely shit while the "Ins" pretend we like we have done miracles. Truth is somewhere in the middle.
Haha, this is it. Simple as. He got us consecutive CLs by league finish, first one since SAF, which is OK, and somewhat of an improvement. However, our inability to deliver at the business end of the season is starting to look like a habit, which isn’t good. He’ll definitely get next season though.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United

But don't you think that's tactics? The fact that we get so little out of Rashford/Greenwood/Pogba/Bruno on a consistent basis in bigger matches? Or is it on them.

Bobcat

2nd in the league on fewer points is not progress on 3 years ago. It objectively isn't it. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts, there's no sugar reality. It's merely a tiny progress on the last two terrible seasons in which we collected 66 points and finished 30 points off the top but it's still lower than Mourinho's high. That's it. And I'm not even a proponent of Mourinho I hated the guy and I hated his overly defensive playstyle.

This team is nowhere near inching closer to being a challenging team. Goals scored tells me nothing. I see Liverpool and City playing with much more fluidity, style and identity than we do. I could see Klopp developing a style on his second season at Liverpool and building a team with his identity for the same money that we squandered, but I see nothing at United. I see more frailties if anything. I see a weaker mentality, worse coaching and worse squad management.

This team will go back to fighting for 3rd-4th next season because clearly 2 teams are better than us and a 3rd team is catching up fast. Some senior players will lose faith in the project and the direction of the team. Pogba will likely leave. If we don't get top 4 Ole, will be sacked and we'll doing this all over again while people on here will still be mumbling about progress.
Come on. Comparing point totals across seasons is a pretty pointless exercise, especially in a season like this. The fact that Arsenal and Spurs ended up at 8th and 7th respectively says something about how ridiculously competitive the league has become

Also, Ole did not take over a team that had just finished 2nd at 81 points. He took over a team in complete meltdown with a toxic atmosphere, dressing room unrest, bad attitudes and loads of deadwood. Ending up 3rd and 2nd while completely overhauling the core of the team is progress from the mess we were in December 2018

Dont get me wrong. I am not particularly happy about how Ole managed the game yesterday but overall Ole has steadied the ship and put us on the right path. I understand that it easy to feel a bit gloomy after losing a final on fecking PK shotouts, but there are also reasons to be positive

1. We got a good core in place now. Maguire, Shaw, AWB, Fred, Bruno, Rashford and Greenwood are all quality (maybe not Fred, but i like him personally)

2. That core and much of the supporting cast like McTomminay and Amad still have their best years ahead of them. On average we have put out the youngest starting XI this season (24.8) and from out direct competitors, only Chelsea is close at 25.3, but that line up includes the likes of Reece James, Abraham and Tomori who seems to have fallen completely out of favour with Tuchel. Also regarding Chelsea, they spent an absolute fortune last summer so i cant imagine they have the money to go on a big splurge this summer (that is assuming they follow FFP). Liverpool and City are at 26.7 and 27.2 respectively which means they are getting dangerously close to a transition

3. Outside of the starting XI we lack a fair bit of depth, but the thing is, most of those players wont be missed if they leave. De Gea, Mata, Matic, Martial, even James or Donny have contributed very little this season and can realistically be replaced by academy players without weakening us much. That means if we buy just one good player this summer (Sancho) we will be significantly stronger next season

Bobcat

But don't you think that's tactics? The fact that we get so little out of Rashford/Greenwood/Pogba/Bruno on a consistent basis in bigger matches? Or is it on them.
All of those have delivered big moments in big matches, not just yesterday.

Say what you want about rotating, but those players have played way too much football this season because we are overly reliant on them. If we had Sancho or Martial did not have such a stinker of a season we could have allowed them much more rest than we have had

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
2nd in the league on fewer points is not progress on 3 years ago. It objectively isn't it. No ifs, no buts, no coconuts, there's no sugar-coating reality. It's merely a tiny progress on the last two terrible seasons in which we collected 66 points and finished 30 points off the top. Ole has marginally improved on his own last season low, but it's still lower than Mourinho's. That's it. And I'm not even a proponent of Mourinho I hated the guy and I hated his overly defensive playstyle.

This team is nowhere near inching closer to being a challenging team. Goals scored tells me nothing. I see Liverpool and City playing with much more fluidity, style and identity than we do. I could see Klopp developing a style on his second season at Liverpool and building a team with his identity for the same money that we squandered, but I see nothing at United. I see more frailties if anything. I see a weaker mentality, worse coaching and worse squad management. I don't see a manager with the nous and tactical acumen to perform better.

This team will go back to fighting for 3rd-4th next season because clearly 2 teams are better than us and a 3rd team (Chelsea) is catching up fast. Some senior players will lose faith in the project and the direction of the team. Pogba will likely leave. If we don't get top 4 Ole will be sacked and we'll doing this all over again while people on here will still be mumbling about progress.
Must say that I agree with this.

Perhaps we do have an identity or style, but it certainly isn’t good enough. The best thing we could have done last night was camp on the edge of our own box and pray Villarreal dared to attack us. When they didn’t, we were clueless.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
All of those have delivered big moments in big matches, not just yesterday.

Say what you want about rotating, but those players have played way too much football this season because we are overly reliant on them. If we had Sancho or Martial did not have such a stinker of a season we could have allowed them much more rest than we have had
This here is the problem.

golden_blunder

Staff

I don’t know you & never gave you a warning so stop making assumptions there
We don’t shit down different opinions, we shut down when threads go off track or people take it too far with insults

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
I don’t know you & never gave you a warning so stop making assumptions there
We don’t shit down different opinions, we shut down when threads go off track or people take it too far with insults
I'll leave it be.

In any case, I appreciate this forum and the people that enable it to function because it's executed well and provides a place for discourse, so I can hope we have an occasion to actually celebrate together soon enough.

golden_blunder

Staff
I'll leave it be.

In any case, I appreciate this forum and the people that enable it to function because it's executed well and provides a place for discourse, so I can hope we have an occasion to actually celebrate together soon enough.
Me too. I hope this acts as motivation and armed with some more new players we go forth and win something to get rid of this monkey off or back. I feel if we can do that then we will win more and more. But if it goes pear shaped next season after hopefully some summer investment then Ole can take it on the chin as he surely moves on

MadMike

Come on. Comparing point totals across seasons is a pretty pointless exercise, especially in a season like this. The fact that Arsenal and Spurs ended up at 8th and 7th respectively says something about how ridiculously competitive the league has become
I'm always amazed that people manage to take the most positive reading of all possible events. So points mean nothing especially in this season, but according to Golden Blunder I should look at goals scored as a sign of improvement. As if the point of scoring goals is not to win games and points and so, I suppose, it can't be possible to become a worse team overall while scoring (marginally) more goals.

The fact Arsenal and Tottenham are 8th and 7th shows a ridiculously competitive league and it doesn't show an obvious decline for those clubs. If you remember Wenger's Arsenal how could you possibly say that them finishing behind West Ham and Leicester is testament to the competitiveness of the league and not their own sad state? And if the league is so competitive how come the teams that won it the last two seasons had ~100 points and were 30 points off the rest? How do you interpret competitive, competitive against what?

On your 3 points I agree that Ole has mostly a decent core (minus DM and CF, Cavani is only temporary) and I also agree that the recruitment strategy has been mostly reassuring in that it's focusing on younger players and not expensive short-term solutions. It's a bit hit and miss but he got the big ones right. Of the players that we signed for a fee (forget Ighalo and Cavani) Maguire, Bruno and AWB from his first year became part of the core but James, VDB and Telles have not contributed as much as expected. The team is lacking quality in depth as you say, yet it's better than it was on Mourinho's last year for sure.

However whatever gains he has made on improving and revitalizing the squad have been undone by his poor tactics and squad management. No discernible attacking style beyond give it to Bruno/Pogba and hope, terrible set-piece defending, not enough rotation and hardly any subs, inability to affect the game form the bench etc. This is a team that isn't performing any better than Mourinho's team in the first two years of his reign, by any stretch of the imagination. At least there's no toxic atmosphere. Ole is not getting enough out of his squad as evidenced in our cup runs and failing to beat Istanbul Basaksehir, Leicester and Villarreal when it mattered. Teams with worse starting XIs and worse benches.

In other words, Ole has done a decent job for a technical director but not for a head coach/manager to me. I don't see better signings bridging that gap created by lack of playing identity and good coaching while he's here. He's not going to be a par for Pep or Klopp he'll just be fighting for top 4. If that's the level of our ambition with double the budget of the teams below us then what can I say.

Last edited:

Bobcat

I'm always amazed that people manage to take the most positive reading of all possible events. So points mean nothing especially in this season, but according to Golden Blunder I should look at goals scored as a sign of improvement. As if the point of scoring goals is not to win games and points and so, I suppose, it can't be possible to become a worse team overall while scoring (marginally) more goals.

The fact Arsenal and Tottenham are 8th and 7th shows a ridiculously competitive league and it doesn't show an obvious decline for those clubs. If you remember Wenger's Arsenal how could you possibly say that them finishing behind West Ham and Leicester is testament to the competitiveness of the league and not their own sad state? And if the league is so competitive how come the teams that won it the last two seasons had ~100 points and were 30 points off the rest? How do you interpret competitive, competitive against what?

On your 3 points I agree that Ole has mostly a decent core (minus DM and CF, Cavani is only temporary) and I also agree that the recruitment strategy has been mostly reassuring in that it's focusing on younger players and not expensive short-term solutions. It's a bit hit and miss but he got the big ones right. Of the players that we signed for a fee (forget Ighalo and Cavani) Maguire, Bruno and AWB from his first year became part of the core but James, VDB and Telles have not contributed as much as expected. The team is lacking quality in depth as you say yet it's better than it was on Mourinho's last year for sure.

However whatever gains he has made on improving and revitalizing the squad have been undone by his poor tactics and squad management. Not discernible attacking style beyond give it to Bruno/Pogba and hope, terrible set-piece defending, not enough rotation and hardly any subs, inability to affect the game form the bench etc. This is a team that isn't performing any better than Mourinho's team in the first to years by any stretch of the imagination. At least there's no toxic atmosphere.

In other words, Ole has done a decent job for a technical director but not for a head coach/manager to me. I don't see better signings bridging that gap created by lack of playing identity and good coaching while he's here. He's not going to be a par for Pep or Klopp he'll just be fighting for top 4. If that's the level of our ambition with double the budget of the teams below us that what can I say.
Comparing points across seasons is not completely pointless (sorry) but there should be a sizable margin of error there. No doubt Spurs and Arsenal have delined a bit, but if you have one of the best strikers this generation and still end up 7th, then it tells you something about the quality of the competition as well. City and Pool were abnormal in 18/19 and 19/20

In any case we improved our points tally from last season and would probably have improved it even more had it not been for the fact we were nowhere match fit at the start and the fact that we had nothing to play for the last 4 games or so. Regaring goals scored there is also a lot of margin of error, but one positive to pick from here except that we score more, is that we have a lot of goal scorers, but still dont have a profilic top class CF

Tactically i think hes mostly fine. Some blunders here and there, but for the most part our set up and team selections are fine. Besides an obvious blind spot for Rashford i dont think hes shown any glaring issues,

I said it earlier, Ole does very little of the actual coaching, but hes still responsible for picking his coaches and i fully agree there are room for improvements in that regard. Not going to speculate about the credentials and skills of Phelan et al, but there is no doubt some obvious problems here that needs adressing. Set pieces is the obvious one.

Regarding parked buses though i think the problem runs a bit deeper than just (lack of) coaching. Unless Pogba plays in the pivot, we have no one with any serious passing ability centrally and hes a bit of a liability defensively. Since everyone is aware of Bruno now, hes usually closely watched and that leads to us struggling to thread the ball through the middle. The whole "give it to Bruno and let him sort it out" joke has some truth to it, but i dont think thats by design and its more down to Fred and McTomminay lacking the technical and/or passing ability to beat press and make progressive passes regularaly. Put Scholes in that MF and a lot of our woes would be solved.

Our inability to pass through the center means we very often attack through the wings and herein lies problem #2: We dont really have any natural wide players. Pogba, Rashford and Greenwood are fine there, but i would not call any of them wingers. Greenwood i think shows a lot of promise at RW, but is still just a teenager and is bound to be inconsitent. Pogba and Rashford can be brilliant at LW if they are in form, but both of them are completely useless there when not in form. In any case all three of them are more comfortable drifting inside which means much of the creative burden in the final third ends up on the fullbacks. Shaw has no doubt been terrific this season, but AWB, even though i think hes imporving, is hardly a great attacking fullback and has lots to learn regarding positioning and movement in attack

If we had a more press resitant DM/CM with the ability to pick a pass i am confident we would become much better at attacking centrally. If we had a proper winger who could consistently beat his man and whip in good crosses im sure Cavani would have had twice as many goals as he had. Not saying our coaching cant be better, because it can but i am pretty sure that adding a Sanco + a CM with some passing ability and we become much harder to deal with

Rolaholic

Love Ole as a person and player but the way the season ended in the league and yesterday has left a real sour taste in my mouth and I can't help but feel like we've peaked under him.

We keep getting outmanaged in big games and his record in must win cup matches leaves much to be desired. Starting to get the feeling that we won't be able to achieve our aims under his stewardship.

I don't think he'll get sacked soon as he's been largely unproblematic for ownership but I feel that wouldn't be the case if we were a club focused on on the pitch success. Chelsea sacked Sarri coming off a Europa victory and a year and some change later they're in the CL final.

Again I've got nothing against Ole personally and wouldn't mind him being involved with the club in another capacity but I've lost quite some faith in him being the one to guide us back to the top

Oldyella

Exactly. I can see why the extremes of both camps are frustrated but its true. Going to be a long summer break :D

NZT-One

Total nonsense to say it's embarrassing. It implies it's a given we will win. In reality everybody knew we were big favourites and must do much better, but it's not like we lost to Accrington Stanley. We are playing a good side who exploited some of our weaknesses, with a fairly cynical but hugely successful style on the day. We didn't have enough going forward and lost on penalties.

Other fans are always going to mock us when we stumble, we can't be influenced in our analysis by what they are saying. Plenty of big clubs have had poor seasons and end empty handed or below expectations, shall we all sit around calling them embarrassing too? It's a very immature and entitled perspective.

It's sport, you have one winner and a bunch of losers and unfortunately we ended up on the wrong side through a poor performance, good application from the opposition, and possibly through many mistakes we made on the day. If everytime we fall short it is embarrassing and the world is caving in then that fan is going to struggle supporting United into the future because the landscape is very different to when I was younger. We are a contender among many now and that's just the cold, hard reality.
Fully agree. Good post.

I knew this thread would reappear. Just like a turd that won’t flush. With a load of rectal sputum (the Ole Out posters, in case of any doubt) circling around.
Very valuable contribution. Proving that "being supportive as a fan should be" doesn't really make you a better person.

Hear hear. The most truth. Should be pinned on top of the mainpage next to the redcafe logo for the next 5 days.

I think I have crossed over, finally, to the Ole out side. Or at least, if not Ole out, then Carrick/McKenna out. He needs his Carlos Quieroz.

I am totally confident that a few better players would jot win us the league. Even if we signed Mbappé and Neymar. Meanwhile I’m also confident that City could win the league with Gabriel Jesus up front for the entire season. We need to go back to the drawing board and modernise our game, otherwise I’d imagine that this is as far as we can go.
Yes. I'd add we have to face the current environment and therefor football has changed. When your competitors employ a more structured approach how to play the game, than at some point have to follow them because "express yourself and play direct like the United way" isn't reliably going to cut it.

Must say that I agree with this.

Perhaps we do have an identity or style, but it certainly isn’t good enough. The best thing we could have done last night was camp on the edge of our own box and pray Villarreal dared to attack us. When they didn’t, we were clueless.
Yes, which is something, that came to my mind. I remember Bayern being in a similar situation squad wise, during the van Gaal era. They were very dominant possession-wise but they couldn't penetrate the defenses. They resorted back to the basics. If you can't beat them pretty, do it like the mid-table clubs do: make use of set pieces. It is borderline criminal that we are not just pretty uncomfortable defending them, we are bad at making use of them as well. We have quite a few big players, obviously I am not suggesting to change United Attack Plan A to set pieces, but having several arrows in the quiver is a necessity. Shoot from distance, cross it high and low, take the set pieces. You don't have to be great it, it might be enough to be good enough to force a mistake from a defender.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Yeah I guess we should take a loss to the submarines like nothing and skip around the park? I guess that's acceptable now at Man United

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
You’re a site admin so this will cop me a ban more likely but so be it... Anyone who claims that there is clear progress under Ole should stop at specsavers on the way to the psychiatrist. There must be something amiss there’s no other explanation.

Mourinho won two cups in his first season and got 69 points. In his second season he got 81 points and finished second. Meanwhile Ole has botched every cup run with his amateurish in-game management and won nothing. He finished on 66 points on his first season and 74 on his second. Both seasons lower than the tally Mourinho had. Apparently Liverpool imploding is improvement for us though.

The team has no concrete pattern of play, it can’t defend set pieces, can’t break low blocks and if you believe anyone here it apparently it has no bench worth subbing anyone in the starting XI for despite nearly 200m on transfers. This is clear progress? What does regression look like then?

The 2 things Ole has tangibly improved are the toxic dressing room atmosphere under Mou and the recruitment strategy being geared more towards long-termism than short-termism with a focus on younger players. That’s it. Otherwise he’s a smile merchant who says the things some people want to hear about “club dna” and “playing the Manchester United way” and blah blah while being well out of his depth in tactics and management.

Simply put, on the field, the team performs worse than it did. That’s on Ole.
This.

tomaldinho1

Fair enough if you want to debate your side but is this post really additive? Just seems insulting for the sake of it.

Foxbatt

It is bad coaching when you get the keeper to go the wrong way for every penalty. It is bad coaching when you cannot see that your players are dead on your feet. It is bad coaching when our defence cannot defend a high ball nor can we score from a set piece. It is bad coaching when time and again we cannot break down a low block. It is not that keeper was brilliant during the whole match. Now if we had scored first, we probably would have won this game. We would have won if Rashford had not missed a sitter too ass they would have to attack us more. We can only play if other teams give us space behind them.

lsd

The Oracle
Fair enough if you want to debate your side but is this post really additive? Just seems insulting for the sake of it.

Why? its the truth every single thread on this site is full of these moaning entitled brats saying the same thing over and over.

The sad thing is you can tell they wanted us to lose so they can vent their hatred on Ole over and over

Rolaholic

Why? its the truth every single thread on this site is full of these moaning entitled brats saying the same thing over and over.

The sad thing is you can tell they wanted us to lose so they can vent their hatred on Ole over and over
The absolute hysterics from you lot regarding others disappointment over our record in big matches isn't any better than these 'entitled brats' voicing their opinion on a forum...

If it bothers you so much there's an ignore function if you want to gloss over issues at the club and avoid posts.

If not then you'll just have to accept the fact that those 'moaners' are entitled to a voice just as much as you are.

RikRuud

I do think they should have brought Rene Mulstein in as part of the coaching setup. We do seem clueless on the pitch at times especially when up against the low block and set piece. We even seem to have lost some of our counter attacking prowess this year.

Eddy_JukeZ

Manchester United and modern don't go in the same sentence.

We're still trying to re-create SAF.

We will never learn.

It'll be a long time until we challenge for the Premier League again.

Blood Mage

I do think they should have brought Rene Mulstein in as part of the coaching setup. We do seem clueless on the pitch at times especially when up against the low block and set piece. We even seem to have lost some of our counter attacking prowess this year.
Mainly because the form of Rashford and Martial fell off a cliff

Eddy_JukeZ

You’re a site admin so this will cop me a ban more likely but so be it... Anyone who claims that there is clear progress under Ole should stop at specsavers on the way to the psychiatrist. There must be something amiss there’s no other explanation.

Mourinho won two cups in his first season and got 69 points. In his second season he got 81 points and finished second. Meanwhile Ole has botched every cup run with his amateurish in-game management and won nothing. He finished on 66 points on his first season and 74 on his second. Both seasons lower than the tally Mourinho had. Apparently Liverpool imploding is improvement for us though.

The team has no concrete pattern of play, it can’t defend set pieces, can’t break low blocks and if you believe anyone here it apparently it has no bench worth subbing anyone in the starting XI for despite nearly 200m on transfers. This is clear progress? What does regression look like then?

The 2 things Ole has tangibly improved are the toxic dressing room atmosphere under Mou and the recruitment strategy being geared more towards long-termism than short-termism with a focus on younger players. That’s it. Otherwise he’s a smile merchant who says the things some people want to hear about “club dna” and “playing the Manchester United way” and blah blah while being well out of his depth in tactics and management.

Simply put, on the field, the team performs worse than it did. That’s on Ole.
This is pretty much bang on.

If OGS was Mourinho, he'd be getting hounded by everyone on here.

Neither are good enough. 1 smiles more and represents the club way better, so he'll get way more leeway.

Rajma

I mean Ole in guys are right to some extent, it’s silly to criticize Ole for the bad coaching because he doesn’t do any as he alluded himself.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We are wasting the potential of this team under a tactically clueless manager.

Teams are outplaying us now.

Last edited: