Television We didn't all go to Gudger College

JulesWinnfield

West Brom Fan
Not a funny moment at all, but the Mother Simpson ending:

Such a perfect moment. It was amazing how in its glory days, a cartoon could introduce such pathos into its episodes. Futurama was much the same.

manutddjw

At the NRA meeting:

Moe: Yeah, so last night I was closing up the bar, when some young punk comes in and tries to stick me up

Sideshow Mel: Whatever did you do Moe?

Moe:Well, it coulda been a real ugly situation, but I managed to shoot him in the spine. Yeah, I guess the next place he robs better have a ramp.

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Marge: I want to see what's bothering Bart, but I'm afraid I'd be smothering him.

Homer: Yeah, and then we'd get the chair.

Marge: That's not what I meant.

Homer: It was, Marge. Admit it.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
The bit before that about his old glasses is great too.

Drainy

Jesus Christ, I feel old. That episode was ranked the greatest Simpsons episode of all time in a Sky One run down over a decade ago. I only remember because I was around 15/16 and was heavily drinking with my friends watching it and ended in hospital with alcohol poisoning :lol:

RedMist99

Lionel Hutz: Mr. Simpson I was just going through your garbage and I couldn't help overhearing that you needed a babysitter. Of course, being a highly skilled attorney, my fee is $175 an hour.

Homer:We pay $8 for the night and you can take two popsicles out of the freezer.

Lionel Hutz: Three.

Homer:Two.

Lionel Hutz: Okay, two - and I get to keep this old bird cage.

Homer: Done.

Lionel Hutz: Still got it. *straightens tie*

Wonder Pigeon

'Shelbourne FC Supporter'
Supports
Shelbourne
Jesus Christ, I feel old. That episode was ranked the greatest Simpsons episode of all time in a Sky One run down over a decade ago. I only remember because I was around 15/16 and was heavily drinking with my friends watching it and ended in hospital with alcohol poisoning :lol:
Really? That episode is rubbish.

Gazza

Agreed, what an odd choice for greatest of all time. You could pick one at random from season 3-6 and it would be a better episode.

Drainy

yep, unless my memory is damaged from mixing drinks that night :lol:

I'm sure I remember it being no1 though, it's one of the few things I do remember. I was suprised by it too.

Gazza

Just recalling some of my favourite episodes, I'd imagine there's some overlap with other people's favourites...

The Monorail episode, the Mr Plow episode, the one when Homer becomes union chief at the plant, the one when Bart ditches school, the one when Homer goes back to college, the one when the Germans buy the power plant.... definitely some of the best episodes I can remember.

Goooose

Chief: You busted up that crack house pretty bad, McGonigle. Did you really have to break so much furniture?

McGonigle: You tell me, Chief. You had a pretty good view from behind your desk.

Homer: Ah, McGonigle: eases the pain.

Chief: You're off the case, McGonigle!

McGonigle: You're off your case, Chief!

Chief: What does that mean exactly?

Homer: It means he gets results, you stupid chief!
Pure gold.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Man reading through this thread makes me really want to go back through loads of episodes, what a great program.

I always loved Homer vs the 18th Amendment, a couple of great moments in that.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
I love the softball episode, where they bring in all the famous baseball players. I haven't a clue who any of them were but they were funny. Better than 90% of celebrity cameos on The Simpsons anyway.

This scene always makes me laugh...

Also when the Springfield police blame all the murders in New York on Steve Sax.

''You just don't know when to shut your mouth, do ya Saxy boy?''

EvilChuck

From the episode 'Homer The Vigilante'

Homer: "Now we need code names. I'll be Cue-Ball, Skinner can be Eight-Ball, Barney will be Twelve-Ball, and Moe, you can be Cue-Ball."
Moe: "You're an idiot."