We must buy the next Messi

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiz4231

Got the wrong one. Needed to be Messi.

feck sake Woodward
Yeah but is he multifunctional enough, he can play ST, #10 and on either wing but can he play CM, CB, FB or GK I don't think so.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Haven't read the ten pages, but the sentiment is correct, which is why I like our recruitment this summer. No amount of money is getting the very best players out of Real, Bayern and Barca - so it's either settle for inferior squads or catch them early.

It's a shame that, while we had at least traditionally been at the top of the queue for British talent that can reach that level, the last two that moved in Bale and Sterling have gone elsewhere.

Despite the hundreds of millions we have spent recently to try and return to the top, I still think our route back will be through the longer game of watching Depay, Martial, Pereira and Januzaj grow into top players. Of course there are others too, and some of those cost good money anyway, but my point is it is a longer game that will work for us, perhaps as it always has.

Q80

Its easier to buy players when your team is on the up and successful. Our issue is that we're clearly a team in transition.

Secondly, you have two types of good players: The mercenaries, and the longtermers.

Mercs are people like ADM, Tevez, even players like Falcao unfortunately (Monaco, really?) - they play their socks off, then they go where the money is. Fair play to them, i havent struggled their struggle, so to each his own.

The real gems in my opinion are these excellent players who also have longevity in terms of staying at a club. These are people like Ronaldo, Messi, Scholes, Giggs, Gerrard, Totti, Ferdinand, and plenty more. Money is lucrative, but winning trophies is what attracts them.

Buying THOSE players in my opinion is a fantastic piece of business. Supplementing your squad with mercs is like plugging holes, very useful until the plug falls off.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Well, we just bought the next T.Henry.
We already have the next P.Schmeichel.
If we can buy the next RV Nistlerooy and the next R.Keane, we'll be sorted :cool:

Raptori

Special needs
Well, we just bought the next T.Henry.
We already have the next P.Schmeichel.
If we can buy the next RV Nistlerooy and the next R.Keane, we'll be sorted :cool:
You fogot to mention the next G.Neville. :nono:

FC Ronaldo

Posts stuff that's been said before in tweet form

:lol::eek::nervous:

I'm not making a new thread for this nonsense, instead I'll bump a classic

nick2004

Guys, I am really happy with our owners and our new management!

Their moves show that we are serious players in the modern marketplace, that we are ready to compete with the rich guys, Barca, Real, City, anyone.

We are no longer the stingy Scots that can't find value in the market.

I am really happy that we got rid the mentality of a bygone era!

We should become the richest team in the world. We should get to the point that we are not be worried that Real will buy our players. Barca and Real should be worried that we are going to buy their players! Only then we'll become the best team in the world! That should be our goal, nothing else!

Macern

Pee pee pants

Their moves show that we are serious players in the modern marketplace, that we are ready to compete with the rich guys, Barca, Real, City, anyone.

We should become the richest team in the world. We should get to the point that we are not be worried that Real will buy our players. Barca and Real should be worried that we are going to buy their players! Only then we'll become the best team in the world! That should be our goal, nothing else!
Yes!!!

saivet

Look at Ballbags twitter. This isn't a United exclusive, more of a PL one. And he's saying nothing until 2017. All based on ambiguous comments.

nick2004

Look at Ballbags twitter. This isn't a United exclusive, more of a PL one. And he's saying nothing until 2017. All based on ambiguous comments.
It doesn't matter. We will probably not buy Messi per se. However, it is very important that people know we are willing to spend BIG. Then, the agents would want to talk to us. On the other hand, if they know we're stinky, they wouldn't even bother... Not even The Sun...

So ... it is very good news that the papers connect us to Messi, to Neymar, etc. The same happens with Real and Barca all the time! When a good player appears, there is interest from Barca and Real. We should always be up there, too!

And sometimes, world class players do have problems with their teams. Not often, but it happens. It is good that the can call us knowing that we have the money.

Jerch

nick2004

I think that our owners are very smart.

As long as SAF was winning, they did not have to spend much.

They tried to keep that going with Moyes, but they got rid of him as soon as they realized that Moyes was going to destroy the value of this team.

They know that the value of this team is the trophies we win.

And the only way to get to the top is to BUY the top people, players and manager. And to compete head to head with Real and Barca for the widest possible fan base worldwide.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

:lol::eek::nervous:

I'm not making a new thread for this nonsense, instead I'll bump a classic
The Sun & Metro as sources? That's just fractionally ahead of The Express.

Also:

And finally (and it's bad news for United), bookmakers have made Chelsea the favourites to seal the transfer of Paris Saint-Germain striker Edinson Cavani.
:lol::nono:

Fer

Martial is more like Henry, Dybala is more like Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.