We started like this under Mourinho

Status
Not open for further replies.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
And before that, LVG. Plenty teams get a new manager bounce, especially when the previous man in-charge outstays his welcome. While we've played well today I'm not sure people can suddenly start calling this a turning point for the club, or indicative of Ole's United.

While encouraging for the rest of the season, let's not hold our breath until a DOF comes in and brings wholesale changes to the club at every level.

Varun

Staff
Yeah, let's not be positive when the team we support does well. Can't be having that.

Gloomy when it's shit, gloomy when it good because it could end up shit is the way to live!

FujiVice

Yeah I remember Van Gaal's first game in charge. A fun time was had by all.

Deleted member 101472

Well we didn’t start like this under Mourinho at all. Five goals for the first time since SAF last game and a club legend at the helm in his first game.

El Zoido

We started strong under Mourinho but the performances were never impressive.

Greck

We arent running away with delusions of how we are going to win even a single trophy. We are just celebrating single 90 minute performances after 2 years of misery. There's no need to caution happy fans. Expectations are already humble

Red Devil Rising

Regardless of whether it's "only Cardiff" etc, there's no denying the atmosphere engulfing the club the last few months has been absolutely toxic, and it looks to have been centered around one man.

Look at his second stint at Chelsea before he was given the boot. They were nearly in the relegation zone, and the amount of players on his side prior to getting sacked this week - you could count on one hand.

That atmosphere at the club has been lifted this week, and that can only be a good thing.

PoTMS

We played shite but for ten minute spells where we peppered the opposition with goals.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
And before that, LVG. Plenty teams get a new manager bounce, especially when the previous man in-charge outstays his welcome. While we've played well today I'm not sure people can suddenly start calling this a turning point for the club, or indicative of Ole's United.

While encouraging for the rest of the season, let's not hold our breath until a DOF comes in and brings wholesale changes to the club at every level.
Did you watch us in Van Gaal's first few games?

Like honestly?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Go away.

Mindhunter

Feck off and take your pragmatism with you on the way.

Even when we scored 4 goals consistently under Jose at the start of last season, it was insipid.

We have endured months of Moyes, years of possession first football under LVG and years of defence first football under Mourinho. I am going to enjoy this one!

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We didn't. It's more than just the score. We are dynamic and exciting. Even when we were wining 4-0, it was pragmatic and mostly laboured with flashes of brilliance to give us the goals.

Nick7

We've never played like this since Fergie. Simply from a pressing point of view.

RuudRuud

Supports
Ajax
Yes Mourinho played like this for the first few games and won every one of them with 4,5-0.
But when Blind made that mistake vs City (KDB) he immediately went back to his own style.
Saying like: see this offensive style won't always work or win us prices.

NewMember

144 games under Mourinho, not once did we score 5 goals. First game with someone else in charge, and we score 5. Must be a coincidence.

jem

So predictable this kind of annoying post.

Jed I. Knight

The Mos Eisley Hillbilly
Worst post ever.

We NEVER looked like this under Mourinho. You seriously can’t have watched anything other than the results on teletext if you think this is comparable. And adding to that, we’ve not scored five since SAF’s last game, so you don’t even have that.

We looked like a million dollars out there tonight. A team of footballers happy to play football, at last!

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.

Oh feck off.

Nick7

Yes Mourinho played like this for the first few games and won every one of them with 4,5-0.
But when Blind made that mistake vs City (KDB) he immediately went back to his own style.
Saying like: see this offensive style won't always work or win us prices.
4-0. Never 5-0. Most of those were 1-0 until the last 10 minutes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.