Weird feelings of football

Liverpool have a voodoo doll to injure the key player of whatever side they’re against that week. (Yes I realise how depressing it is that Maguire is currently ours).

Rotherham are always bottom of the table in the championship every season.

Every player I say "Hey, I haven't heard of him for a while, what's he been doing?" about is playing in Saudi Arabia. It's like the country is a black hole. Players go in and you never hear from them again.

Chelsea seem to lose pretty much every game in 2023 but yet always seem to sit comfortably in 10th/11th across two seasons.

Every player I say "Hey, I haven't heard of him for a while, what's he been doing?" about is playing in Saudi Arabia. It's like the country is a black hole. Players go in and you never hear from them again.

A bit like their embassies then.

Figo 'looks' like a No.10/midfielder rather than a winger.
I was going to question this but maybe know what you mean. He wasn’t slight and wiry like wingers seemed of his era and he almost played like a playmaker from wide anyway. Definitely he was central a lot.

The only time Reiss Nelson is seen is as a substitute when Arsenal are losing at home.

Figo 'looks' like a No.10/midfielder rather than a winger.
I was going to question this but maybe know what you mean. He wasn’t slight and wiry like wingers seemed of his era and he almost played like a playmaker from wide anyway. Definitely he was central a lot.

Good one. And has the face of a centreback. He's always looked about 40.

In international football, if a draw looks likely approaching 90 minutes, if one team decides to stop trying to play skillfully and just hoofs up longballs the opposing team always responds by doing exactly the same.

For the last two seasons every time we have won a match convincingly we have gone on to lose the next two games and play horribly in them. Not sure this is even a weird feeling more like an observation.

Among all the players transferred from Europe to Saudi league this past year, somehow only Ronaldo who actually thrives there

Every team from London have a stocky buzz cut midfielder named after a KGB agent who raise their game against us.

Every English manager is rugged, working class and their methods are crude and unrefined. Every Latin manager is cultured, urbane and their methods are sophisticated and modern. This is true even when their background and method are exactly the same.

Last edited:
Every English manager is rugged, working class and their methods are crude and unrefined. Every Latin manager is cultured, urbane and their methods are sophisticated and modern. This is true even when their background and method are exactly the same.
Proper Brexit football eh

Good one. And has the face of a centreback. He's always looked about 40.
Haha did I get it wrong then? Yeah I see what you mean though, looks like he had a hard life early but I’m sure he grew up fairly comfortably.

Martin Dubravka lets in 3 or 4 goals every match but never has a particularly bad game.

FA Cup replays were stopped 5 years ago

Kalvin Phillips has been fantastic this season and absolutely warrants being wanted by Juventus, Bayern Munich and PSG

Mancini is the only person who has ever looked good in a Manchester City Scarf.

Every fan believes their respective country's football association is run by corrupt and incompetent bureaucrats