Weird feelings of football

Swedish_Plumber

Liverpool have a voodoo doll to injure the key player of whatever side they’re against that week. (Yes I realise how depressing it is that Maguire is currently ours).

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Rotherham are always bottom of the table in the championship every season.

Sails

Supports
Galatasaray
Every player I say "Hey, I haven't heard of him for a while, what's he been doing?" about is playing in Saudi Arabia. It's like the country is a black hole. Players go in and you never hear from them again.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Chelsea seem to lose pretty much every game in 2023 but yet always seem to sit comfortably in 10th/11th across two seasons.

Oscar Bonavena

Every player I say "Hey, I haven't heard of him for a while, what's he been doing?" about is playing in Saudi Arabia. It's like the country is a black hole. Players go in and you never hear from them again.
A bit like their embassies then.

Borninthe80ts

Figo 'looks' like a No.10/midfielder rather than a winger.
I was going to question this but maybe know what you mean. He wasn’t slight and wiry like wingers seemed of his era and he almost played like a playmaker from wide anyway. Definitely he was central a lot.

Nickelodeon

The only time Reiss Nelson is seen is as a substitute when Arsenal are losing at home.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Figo 'looks' like a No.10/midfielder rather than a winger.
I was going to question this but maybe know what you mean. He wasn’t slight and wiry like wingers seemed of his era and he almost played like a playmaker from wide anyway. Definitely he was central a lot.
Good one. And has the face of a centreback. He's always looked about 40.

doughole

In international football, if a draw looks likely approaching 90 minutes, if one team decides to stop trying to play skillfully and just hoofs up longballs the opposing team always responds by doing exactly the same.

Blood Mage

For the last two seasons every time we have won a match convincingly we have gone on to lose the next two games and play horribly in them. Not sure this is even a weird feeling more like an observation.

Gause

Among all the players transferred from Europe to Saudi league this past year, somehow only Ronaldo who actually thrives there

Roosney

Every team from London have a stocky buzz cut midfielder named after a KGB agent who raise their game against us.

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Every English manager is rugged, working class and their methods are crude and unrefined. Every Latin manager is cultured, urbane and their methods are sophisticated and modern. This is true even when their background and method are exactly the same.

Last edited:

thisisnottaken1

Every English manager is rugged, working class and their methods are crude and unrefined. Every Latin manager is cultured, urbane and their methods are sophisticated and modern. This is true even when their background and method are exactly the same.
Proper Brexit football eh

Borninthe80ts

Good one. And has the face of a centreback. He's always looked about 40.
Haha did I get it wrong then? Yeah I see what you mean though, looks like he had a hard life early but I’m sure he grew up fairly comfortably.

P0GBA

Martin Dubravka lets in 3 or 4 goals every match but never has a particularly bad game.

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
FA Cup replays were stopped 5 years ago

Kalvin Phillips has been fantastic this season and absolutely warrants being wanted by Juventus, Bayern Munich and PSG

P0GBA

Mancini is the only person who has ever looked good in a Manchester City Scarf.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Every fan believes their respective country's football association is run by corrupt and incompetent bureaucrats