Welcome to RedCafe.net on XenForo!

Shark

@NotShark
I'm glad that 'messages' has been changed to 'post count'.

'That guy is a good messenger' just doesn't sound right.

Spoony

The People's President
Yeah something less cartoony would be good. It's very low priority for me though so if you, or someone else, wants to source something better feel free. The main thing is that it needs to have two variants, one for when there are new posts in the forum since your last visit and one for when there hasn't.
Yeah, I'm sure something more suitable can be found. Perhaps even different logos for each forum...if that's possible.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Yeah something less cartoony would be good. It's very low priority for me though so if you, or someone else, wants to source something better feel free. The main thing is that it needs to have two variants, one for when there are new posts in the forum since your last visit and one for when there hasn't.
Something like this?

They are from a test forum I setup, you could just have the same logo, only a bit transparent for, the alternative image.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Something like this?

They are from a test forum I setup, you could just have the same logo, only a bit transparent for, the alternative image.

Nice idea, thanks, but using official logos like that without permission will lead to trouble. But something along those lines, with themed icons for each section could work:

- a ball for the football forums
- a rugby ball for other sports
- a newspaper for current events
- a steaming turd for the general

etc etc

vuc

First Team Serb
Nice idea, thanks, but using official logos like that without permission will lead to trouble. But something along those lines, with themed icons for each section could work:

- a ball for the football forums
- a rugby ball for other sports
- a newspaper for current events
- a steaming turd for the general

etc etc

:lol: That bad?

The Don

Metrosexual Candy Shagger
Dayman, ahhhahhhahh, fighter of the nightman
Coolio. The logos for General, Entertainment, Current Events, transfers, you could use if you want. I have them here and I could make slightly transparent ones for alternative images.
That is just a test forum and does not get used, so you're more than welcome to the logos.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
TBH they're still a little too cartoony for my liking, I prefer something a bit flatter and subtle

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
Would it be monstrously inconvenient to move that banner ad from near the top of the homepage to the bottom? Perhaps you tried that and it didn't look quite right or that such isn't even possible, jsut thought i'd ask though.

Big-Red

Not actually very big
Staff
Supports
this year is my year on SM
Easier to browse on my nexus, I'm happy

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Damn, I didn't think of Pete's RVP Champions avatar when reading about avatars disappearing :(

I misunderstood the "Like" feature, which I assumed would be like I've seen on other forums recently where users can click "Like" on posts from others instead of having to quote them "This", or post smilies or whatever. I like the idea of the actual system replacing the Newbie points system though, it sounds a good step forward for the Newbies.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
Damn, I didn't think of Pete's RVP Champions avatar when reading about avatars disappearing :(

I misunderstood the "Like" feature, which I assumed would be like I've seen on other forums recently where users can click "Like" on posts from others instead of having to quote them "This", or post smilies or whatever. I like the idea of the actual system replacing the Newbie points system though, it sounds a good step forward for the Newbies.

I dont understand the 'like' stuff either.

But Pete's avatar HAS to be brought back at some stage by Niall when he gets to it.

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Looks good, maybe a bit too bright and some of the features are fantastic. One thing though;

When looking at one of the forums you don't see in which threads you've already posted, is this going to stay this way?

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
One thing though;

When looking at one of the forums you don't see in which threads you've already posted, is this going to stay this way?

Good pickup. Didn't notice that as I usually just browse the front page. It also had certain features to find your own posts in that thread that way.

The user names could be a smidge bigger. In accordance with the layout of the panels. One of the good things on the old board was the ability to distinguish names quickly because they were big.

A ctrl+enter KB shortcut to post would be good if possible ;)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Dear Niall,

I have been a member of flickR for 8 years. You may have heard that they 'upgraded' the site a month ago, but with HUGE protest from its membership. They did so without any warning, seemingly without testing with any senior or regular members of the community, most loyal users hate the new the design of the site and its also full of glitches and errors. Its a royal mess, and loads of members are leaving in droves.

On the other-hand, I wanted to congratulate you for the way you and the admins and moderators have gone about changing our beloved redcafe. You gave us months of notice, gave us a feel for what the new site would feel like, welcomed inputs, planned the day of change in advance which was communicated, even during the day of change itself kept us very well informed, and it seems from the first test drive that there are very few glitches.

Amazing to compare a behemoth like YAHOO getting the flickR change SO WRONG and yet the small and mighty REDCAFE got it so right!

By any measurements -congrats to you and the team. Redcafe 2.0 is a timely new era, executed to perfection.

(Hope the whole thing does not crsah now!)

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Yup, well done Niall. On a side note, did anyone feel like they lost a part of their life when the forum went down? I felt horrible. In fact, I was surprisingly more productive at work and it was a weird feeling. :D

Vato

Watches other men wank.Supports Real.Coincidence?
Supports
Real Madrid
Good pickup. Didn't notice that as I usually just browse the front page. It also had certain features to find your own posts in that thread that way.

The user names could be a smidge bigger. In accordance with the layout of the panels. One of the good things on the old board was the ability to distinguish names quickly because they were big.

A ctrl+enter KB shortcut to post would be good if possible ;)
Yep, agree with this aswell, posted it in another thread too before I knew the existence of this thread.

Shinjisan

Account closed by request
I like new things.

The new design looks great, site master. Congratulations on the successful migration.

Question: Is there a way I can directly jump to the last page of a thread on the home page like previously?