Welcome to RedCafe.net on XenForo!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I can't find multi-quote.
That's the Chief fecked.

Just press Reply in multiple posts and it will add the quote to the quick reply box at the bottom of the page.

nimic

something nice
Scout
There's a zoom feature in your browser :)
Well, yeah, but that makes the post text too large. On reflection I only think the stuff in the little profile bubble to the left of posts could be a bit larger. Particularly the username. I just feel it would make it a little bit easier to quickly identify whose post you're actually reading.

Cina

Booooooooo :D

Newbie of the Year 2011. Twat of the Millenium. Hi

That character limit worked out rather well :D

Also, how does one get the 40 posts per page thingamabob back?

askabob

Congratulations on the migration to XenForo. Moving a forum and database of this size is no easy task and I am very impressed that it went so smoothly though.

@Niall: I was wondering, though, if you would consider changing the background color of the posts back to the light gray it was on the old site? Considering this forum is almost entirely made of text and is reading intensive, the pure white background begins to strain the eyes after some time. The gray background was much easier on the eyes when I was browsing the site, but now I find my eyes hurting very quickly.

Also, I know this is minor, but I was wondering if you could change the "unread threads" back to bold instead of having the blue dot in front of it? When doing a quick glance of a forum, it is much easier/quicker to locate unread threads if they are bold than to see if they have a blue dot in front of them.

Thanks again and congratulations on the new site.

vanthaman

Winner
I can't see smileys or options to edit posts (bold, italics, colours, font size etc..etc..) on my iPad, can you?
I haven't tried it on my laptop mind...
Nope I don't have them either

Are they supposed to be there?

I've noticed the edit button, it's next to the post number, it's text not a button

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Did anyone else get a 'canee take the strain' error page in the last 5/10 minutes?

Please let me know if you see any...

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
I did, very briefly.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I also tend to think the username of whomever you quoted could be a little bit bigger. Perhaps I'm getting old and poor sighted. Still think the profile names to the left could be somewhat bigger. Other than that... it'll grow on me.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Congratulations on the migration to XenForo. Moving a forum and database of this size is no easy task and I am very impressed that it went so smoothly though.

@Niall: I was wondering, though, if you would consider changing the background color of the posts back to the light gray it was on the old site? Considering this forum is almost entirely made of text and is reading intensive, the pure white background begins to strain the eyes after some time. The gray background was much easier on the eyes when I was browsing the site, but now I find my eyes hurting very quickly.

Also, I know this is minor, but I was wondering if you could change the "unread threads" back to bold instead of having the blue dot in front of it? When doing a quick glance of a forum, it is much easier/quicker to locate unread threads if they are bold than to see if they have a blue dot in front of them.

Thanks again and congratulations on the new site.

Cheers askabob, valid points, I'll add them to my (ever lenghtening) to-do list and have a longer think about them at a later date.

vanthaman

Winner
Did anyone else get a 'canee take the strain' error page in the last 5/10 minutes?

Please let me know if you see any...
Niall on the members online bit it shows avatars (grey box with ?) for those you follow, can that be changed to text instead

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
I love it so far.

When I use the zoom on my browser so that the grey edges at the side are not there it is much easier to read but because it's just zoomed every time I click a new page I have to re-centre the page. Is it possible to do away with the grey edges?

LR7

Nope I don't have them either

Are they supposed to be there?

I've noticed the edit button, it's next to the post number, it's text not a button
Delete and edit work for me.
My only problem is when I go to 'more options', I don't have any more options :/
no smileys or edits like there used to be with 'advanced options' (or what ever it was!)