Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

red4ever 79

I can't even get to that stage without going round the houses, when I click on SUBMIT YOUR LINEUP PREDICTION it takes me to the Matchday thread which appears in the middle of the page with 3 inch margins on both sides.
@Niall @Damien are these bugs to the prediction lineup going to be resolved before tomorrow? Or how will we ensure fairness here. People cant submit lineups? If it is not fixed in time I suggest to void this round.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Just a bit bright I think. Got my sun glasses on here surfing. Nice light grey background might be better
Are you referring to the background colour of posts or the wider page?

Shark

@NotShark
Are you referring to the background colour of posts or the wider page?
I'd guess he's referring to the wider page color Niall, I've noticed it is very bright white, not to the extent of wearing sunglasses though :lol:

DoomSlayer

I'm also seeing a bunch of flat out errors where the browser says the page won't load - anyone else seeing those?
I'm still getting an "HTTP Error 400" on my phone using Chrome but the site works when trying to access it with a different browser.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
@red4ever 79 @Class of 63 Lineup Predictions are being saved but the page makes it look like it's not. I need to fix that.

However, @Class of 63 you haven't saved a prediction yet. Can you do it on this page? https://www.redcafe.net/matches/sheffield-united-vs-manchester-united.302/lineup-prediction
No I did find a way to get to it eventually, but i'll do my normal and leave it until closer to the deadline. But cheers for the link, i'll probably use that Sunday morning.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I liked how previously whenever i opened redcafe, it took me straight to Manchester United forum. Now i have to manually go there first. Is there a setting to do this?

It’s called a bookmark.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
This will be controversial, but I recommend to align usernames and..tags (? "Full Member" and such things under the names) to left, as "Joined:" and "Messages" are. Might look better, might not, shall we try for 13 seconds or so?

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Thanks again, Niall... great job and a lot of headache with customisation, it seems? As an oppo fan, I can say that the distinctive RedCafe flavour was not lost in transition! For one, I would go the short way and disable as many options as achievable, so that users can only post standard text without add-ons. Cheers.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Another one for the "it's different, and that disturbs me," pile. On mobile, the top of the main forum pages for forums with sub forums comes out looking weird. The subforum links kind of float around in white space looking a bit scruffy. Giving them a more boxed in feeling (maybe just with a header like the one that identifies the sticky thread) might help.

The space near the top of the page feels dominated by the new thread fixed and floating buttons. And then you see the filter box which seems to be disproportionately important - especially given the search etc are quite small - are people really that keen on the filter feature?

Once into the thread list, it looks ok to me. But it just feels like I've had to jump past a page or two before I get there.

Yeah I know I'm just whining. :smirk:

Shark

@NotShark
Here's a random post from 2008:

See how clean it is?

Now compare it with XenForo2:

There's too much empty space at the top and bottom of the post.

Also, the top and bottom right hand corners have too much going on. Can they be reduced into a dropdown or a set of icons?
I second this, would be great to bring that style back, it's too thin.

SqueakyWeasel

Great job @Niall and the gang, just a couple of user experience observations (not the end of the world, just feedback).

The e-mail alerts coming through since the site update are just saying a watched thread has "a new reply". The old alerts used to quote all or some of that reply content so you knew if you wanted to click the link to go to the thread or not. Is there any simple way of restoring the old feature of quoting the message within the e-mail alert?

On mobile, when viewing any forum thread view, the titles used to be ranged top left of each entry in red (if pressed, link would take you to the start of the thread) and latest reply was smaller in red/grey bottom right along with date and time (if pressed, link would take you to the last reply of the thread). The new design has the latest reply directly under the title ranged left and it's hard to press without hitting the thread title by mistake and going to the OP.

Cheers again ;)

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
So many frequent RAWK visitors on Cafe. Haven't been there in years.

Ignoring forums/threads will be possible in the future again? That's just some addon?

SqueakyWeasel

Great job @Niall and the gang, just a couple of user experience observations (not the end of the world, just feedback).

The e-mail alerts coming through since the site update are just saying a watched thread has "a new reply". The old alerts used to quote all or some of that reply content so you knew if you wanted to click the link to go to the thread or not. Is there any simple way of restoring the old feature of quoting the message within the e-mail alert?

On mobile, when viewing any forum thread view, the titles used to be ranged top left of each entry in red (if pressed, link would take you to the start of the thread) and latest reply was smaller in red/grey bottom right along with date and time (if pressed, link would take you to the last reply of the thread). The new design has the latest reply directly under the title ranged left and it's hard to press without hitting the thread title by mistake and going to the OP.

Cheers again ;)
Just got an alert with the message included. Have you fixed it already? That was quick!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Ignoring forums/threads will be possible in the future again? That's just some addon?
My bad. Ignore content addon permissions weren't set up. Working now? (It's a different addon so the links/buttons may be in a different place than before)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
@Niall are we missing an icon to indicate that we've posted in a thread?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
@Niall

1) Could we have the actual replies amount back instead of the "K"s? At first glance it's hard to differentiate between new/old and small/big threads.

2) Right below the page numbers there used to be info on the exact amount of unread posts on the following page(s). For example if there are 5 unread posts I would read them at once but if there are 39 I might leave them for later when I have time to read the all. Right now there's no such indication. Could we have that back?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Can you guys remove the amount of white space? In the user cards as well the centre alignment is looking pretty odd.
Can you be a bit more specific? Screenshot?

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Just a thought on the mobile layout again. The reply button at the top of the page has a really high status and prime real estate.

I'd suggest removing it to give more space for a page number/jump button to go up there. In any case, people should read the other posts first not just hit reply. So make them at least get the bottom of the page before seeing a reply button. :smirk:

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Another one for the "it's different, and that disturbs me," pile. On mobile, the top of the main forum pages for forums with sub forums comes out looking weird. The subforum links kind of float around in white space looking a bit scruffy. Giving them a more boxed in feeling (maybe just with a header like the one that identifies the sticky thread) might help.

The space near the top of the page feels dominated by the new thread fixed and floating buttons. And then you see the filter box which seems to be disproportionately important - especially given the search etc are quite small - are people really that keen on the filter feature?

Once into the thread list, it looks ok to me. But it just feels like I've had to jump past a page or two before I get there.

Yeah I know I'm just whining. :smirk:
Thanks Jo. Quite a few things that need addressing in the design and I'll get to them.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Just a thought on the mobile layout again. The reply button at the top of the page has a really high status and prime real estate.

I'd suggest removing it to give more space for a page number/jump button to go up there. In any case, people should read the other posts first not just hit reply. So make them at least get the bottom of the page before seeing a reply button. :smirk:
Yes good point.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Sorry to pile on @Niall but I’ve just been on the match thread for the first time:

That massive red top section/heading is there on every page and takes up an awful lot of space. It also seems to go off page and doesn’t fit to size properly.

The at the bottom, the page navigation is made really unclear by the red background.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Sure.

There's a lot of white space in there around the name, either there should be some borders/shadows to curb it or align the names to the left like it was before.
Somebody needs to make a list of all these requests in here so I can keep track of them. Fighting some fires elsewhere on the backend of the site so front end improvements will be looked at later. But there’s a growing number of them in this thread...

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Looks good, but i hate changes :rolleyes:

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
My bad. Ignore content addon permissions weren't set up. Working now? (It's a different addon so the links/buttons may be in a different place than before)
Yep, works lovely. I just didn't get a notification that I got an alert when you quoted me. Alert was there when I clicked on bell, just no small "1" on top of bell icon.

BlueHaze

@Niall Thanks for not enabling those stupid emojies. Btw anyone else having trouble with slow typing on mobile? It's like the letters come out 1 sec after I type..