Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

Zoo

Making the grey bits darker would help a lot I think. The whiteness is particularly pronounced when you’re scrolling through a page quickly.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think the up and down arrows and the new post button that always appear on the bottom right on mobile are quite irritating :lol: do we really need them? I can't imagine many people using them. I mean the down arrow literally brings you to the very bottom of the page so it's useless anyway!

BlueHaze

Also on mobile whenever I click on anything on the panels when trying to post nothing happens. Like posting a pic or smiley or anything?

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
I think the up and down arrows and the new post button that always appear on the bottom right on mobile are quite irritating :lol: do we really need them? I can't imagine many people using them. I mean the down arrow literally brings you to the very bottom of the page so it's useless anyway!
Think they are invaluable actually. Bottom one could stop at last post on page though.

redshaw

Another issue with the layout at least on desktop is going to the latest posts are all on the far left hand side

Used to be in the middle of the page or was easier to click on? I now have arch all the way left to click on the "a minute ago link" to get to the latest post, there's nothing to click on in the middle where the mouse is resting and find it awkward moving over. Would be best to move it where the post count is and also have all football defaulted and not every thread on the forum grouped together so you're not greeted with Tesla and Trump and NBA upon visiting.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Can we have the page navigation on top of the thread too? Now i have to scroll down everytime i need to go back a page

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Too much empty space for the font type. How do you change your personal style - felt like someone mentioned this?

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Can we get the little symbol back which marked threads you had replied to? I used that a lot.

I like the new look though.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Too much empty space for the font type. How do you change your personal style - felt like someone mentioned this?
You can change the font size at least if you go into Preferences under your user in the top right corner. I don't know if there's much else you can change.

JonDahl

• Need page navigation at the top of the page in a thread.
  • Change “jump to” back to dynamic numbers.
  • Restore page number navigation under thread titles.
Is the jump to bottom button working as intended? It takes me to the navigation panel which means I have to scroll up again to reach the post box or change page. Seems a bit off.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Frankly, whole bottom with Quick Navigation and User Menu links looks a bit weird. Think "Follow us on Twitter" with the tweet ruins the aesthetics of that area.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Another issue with the layout at least on desktop is going to the latest posts are all on the far left hand side

Used to be in the middle of the page or was easier to click on? I now have arch all the way left to click on the "a minute ago link" to get to the latest post, there's nothing to click on in the middle where the mouse is resting and find it awkward moving over. Would be best to move it where the post count is and also have all football defaulted and not every thread on the forum grouped together so you're not greeted with Tesla and Trump and NBA upon visiting.
I don't have that issue:

Guessing it is to do with your desktop resolution and the only real space to fit the last replied being under the title.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It used to ignore posts that quoted someone, really?
Yeah before ignored poster posts wasn’t displayed at all, when they were quoted we used to see only the message from the other poster, looking completely out of context. Now we see the ignored poster Posts when they are quoted.
Not sure if I have explained and made my point clearly.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Frankly, whole bottom with Quick Navigation and User Menu links looks a bit weird. Think "Follow us on Twitter" with the tweet ruins the aesthetics of that area.
Suggestions for improvements?

I'm thinking of putting something else in place of the twitter widget, or have an alternating widget. Sometimes twitter, sometimes something else like Match related prompts (lineup prediction / man of the match / rate the players etc).

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Yeah before ignored poster posts wasn’t displayed at all, when they were quoted we used to see only the message from the other poster, looking completely out of context. Now we see the ignored poster Posts when they are quoted.
Not sure if I have explained and made my point clearly.
So it's worse or better now? Seeing a post quoting somebody else with the quote removed is a bit odd no?

Damien

Staff

I'm thinking of putting something else in place of the twitter widget, or have an alternating widget. Sometimes twitter, sometimes something else like Match related prompts (lineup prediction / man of the match / rate the players etc).
Boo!

Damien

Staff
@Niall, for the conversation drop down can you put the person who last replied beside the last reply time? On the old Xenforo it said who the last person to a conversation was.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé

Maybe just changing background of tweet to match the rest would work? Can font be changed too? Scrollbar annoys me the most there.

Your idea of alternating widget sound interesting.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'd have thought it would be better in a way, so you're not wondering why the post seems so out of context to the rest of the thread.
Yes I agree but then it could be argued the poster is not truly ignored. This is a built-in XenForo feature so it looks like they've changed it. I'm not going to be modifying that anytime soon.

Can people try making friends with each other rather than ignoring? :)

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
On the main Forum List page, that "New" with black background icon isn't that needed, as I imagine, there'll always be new posts whenever you visit. But, in the individual forums, making unread threads font a bit bolder could be better. Currently, can differentiate between unread and read threads, but have to look harder.

prateik

Do we no longer have a little icon to the left of thread titles to show which ones I have replied in?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Also clicking thread links no longer takes me to the unread posts, just the first page.This was working not long ago.

Edit: Seems to be working at the mo.
Are you still experiencing this issue? Obviously it will only to go unread posts if there are any in that thread. Did you click "Mark all as read" by any chance? Or did you think a thread had new posts but didn't (i.e. it wasn't clearly bolder than a thread with no new posts).

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
First of all. a big thank you to @Niall for his continuous efforts in making this forum a better experience.

The new design has potential but I have a few problems with it. On desktop version, there is too much space on the sides left and it kind of feels weird in an aesthetic sense. it looks as if you're supposed to zoom in to make it fit properly.

The phone version is also a bit hard on the eyes, nowhere near as slick as the previous one which is weird as this is supposed to be an upgrade. Also, I currently cannot enter the site from my phone and I get an error which says "This page isn't working; If the problem continues, contact the site owner; HTTP Error 400".
Thanks for the feedback. Are you still seeing that HTTP Error 400 on your phone? If so, please clear your cookies for this site and it should resolve it. Please let me know if that works.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall can you please change it so the people listed under 'People you follow' are listed by their names rather than their non-existent avatars?

Oops. Those are the default avatars in XF2 but I've an addon to remove them. Missed that one. Which page is that exactly?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
There’s lots of space between each post on mobile, makes reading down through threads not really flow

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
So it's worse or better now? Seeing a post quoting somebody else with the quote removed is a bit odd no?
It was better before, posters are ignored for a reason:D

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Probably mentioned already but it's hard to see which threads you've read or not, particularly with the grey and white alternating down the page. Is it possible to have grey as read and white as unread or something like that?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Also, there’s no option to go to the last post when on main menu.

you have to go to start of thread, use the red arrow to bottom of page, scroll back up, then click last page, then quick scroll down with red arrow again and then scroll back up to post.

or am I missing something or doing it totally wrong?

twitter thread suggester
Also, there’s no option to go to the last post when on main menu.

you have to go to start of thread, use the red arrow to bottom of page, scroll back up, then click last page, then quick scroll down with red arrow again and then scroll back up to post.

or am I missing something or doing it totally wrong?

Click the timestamp.

twitter thread suggester
@Niall if you ask me, there is too much padding in the thread list on mobile. Together with the biggish font size It makes the thread titles often line-break.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall if you ask me, there is too much padding in the thread list on mobile. Together with the biggish font size It makes the thread titles often line-break.
Yep you’re right. I’ll add it to my list of design snags. Thanks. Anything else?