Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

el3mel

I just feel there's too much white color now, the posts background and the entire background of the site. Looks kinda uncomfortable to explore. Maybe if the site background was greyish a little bit ? A darker degree of the degree used in the user stats box.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Maybe make the staff banner stand out a bit more too

Yeah could work. Although does the current splash of orangey gold not make it stand out quite well already?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I just feel there's too much white color now, the posts background and the entire background of the site. Looks kinda uncomfortable to explore. Maybe if the site background was greyish a little bit ? A darker degree of the degree used in the user stats box.
These are the same colour combinations from the old design. Are you sure there's more white now? With the fluid width much of the lighter white(ish) background should be covered. It is definitely more grey than it was.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Yeah could work. Although does the current splash of orangey gold not make it stand out quite well already?
Dunno, I just think it doesn't quite fit with the general site theme. Which reminds me:

The Scout background no longer shows up as it is the same colour as the new user info (I think). Maybe give the Staff background to the Scouts and a new one for the Staff. Or have the Scout one as white background.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I see. I've added the extended footer to the homepage. Better?
Nice! Must be a blag doing this design by jury :lol: Have you updated the favicon for mobile devices etc? I like to add a shortcut to the site on my phone home screen so would be cool to see the new logo icon there.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
@Niall is there any way we could have a link to “unread watched threads” under the Quick Navigation bit at the bottom of the page? It was always the first thing I hit after reading down through a thread.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Dunno, I just think it doesn't quite fit with the general site theme. Which reminds me:

The Scout background no longer shows up as it is the same colour as the new user info (I think). Maybe give the Staff background to the Scouts and a new one for the Staff. Or have the Scout one as white background.
What about solid gold with black text for Staff?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Agree with this, it's a lot lighter. Wonder if there is a dark/night theme that users can switch to?

el3mel

These are the same colour combinations from the old design. Are you sure there's more white now? With the fluid width much of the lighter white(ish) background should be covered. It is definitely more grey than it was.

That's a screenshot taken from an old thread.

I kinda get why I feel the difference despite the the same color using as the previous one. That grey border at the edges and the big red line on the top of each post made it looks better. That red line is now a lot thinner and nearly non existent hence I feel it becomes more "whitish" than it used to be. That grey border also helped.

kidbob

Fantastic work @Niall and honestly thank you so much for keeping such an awesome forum running and to all that help you. Login is still a bit hit and miss and I don't get (or at least can't see alerts). Hope this helps!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall is there any way we could have a link to “unread watched threads” under the Quick Navigation bit at the bottom of the page? It was always the first thing I hit after reading down through a thread.
Done. I replaced "What's New" (nobody uses that right?). There is no "Unread Watched Threads" page in XF2 from what I can see. Just the Watched Threads page but most recently updated threads will appear at the top I believe.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff

That's a screenshot taken from an old thread.

I kinda get why I feel the difference despite the the same color using as the previous one. That grey border at the edges and the big red line on the top of each post made it looks better. That red line is now a lot thinner and nearly non existent hence I feel it becomes more "whitish" than it used to be. That grey border also helped.
Ok, I see what you mean. I'll have a think.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Done. I replaced "What's New" (nobody uses that right?). There is no "Unread Watched Threads" page in XF2 from what I can see. Just the Watched Threads page but most recently updated threads will appear at the top I believe.
Perfect!

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This and page numbers please. Also bold the usernames, and cut out the taglines (in this format they're taking up screenspace).
Seems to be the online indicator that's taking up too much space and kinda doesn't look right to me. I think the tagline would look neat under the username like when offline.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Good luck. :D
Do you mean something like this?

I actually quite like that with the overlapping red header. Wasn't exactly what I was trying to achieve but I changed a setting in the style and that happened!

There will be an outer grey background, like the old site so it will definitely look less white.

What do people think?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Is it just me that the WYSIWYG editor isn't working properly for? It was working fine when the Caf opened up again, but stopped shortly after.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Can you move the Follow Us on Twitter box at the bottom of the page to the left side? Where it is on the right it looks like an Outlook notification and makes me think I'm at work. Thanks.

Pagh Wraith

I've been playing around with some of the custom styles and changed a few more things to my liking but there is one more thing. Does anyone know how to change the height of the elements that contain the thread titles in the sub-forums? Not the font size but the padding/spacing. I'm guessing it's under .structItem{}?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I've been playing around with some of the custom styles and changed a few more things to my liking but there is one more thing. Does anyone know how to change the height of the elements that contain the thread titles in the sub-forums? Not the font size but the padding/spacing. I'm guessing it's under .structItem{}?
Looks like it's the "structItem-title" class.

el3mel

Do you mean something like this?

I actually quite like that with the overlapping red header. Wasn't exactly what I was trying to achieve but I changed a setting in the style and that happened!

There will be an outer grey background, like the old site so it will definitely look less white.

What do people think?
This looks far better !

Abizzz

Great job on getting it running this fast, must have been a herculean task.

Every post being in it's own table will take some getting used to though. I've already forgotten how it used to be but somehow it felt smoother reading from one post to the next. Might take a day or two to get used to.
And I would second @el3mel, that looks great.

Needham

I feel I must jump in to criticise the free thing I use whenever I want which has been changed in a way that doesn't match exactly how I would have changed it.

podurban2

Thank you for not choosing the emojis! Too much sentimental value in the original ones (don’t change them but add new ones! :D)

Two notes: I find the red a bit too bright red on the screen. Also, would it be possible to implement a “dark” mode?