Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Thanks, Niall

I used to edit posts previously (spellings, paragraphs, etc). However, I can't see this option on the upgrade. Not too urgent, but it was nice to clean up posts prior to approving.
It's at the bottom beside Report.

Dante

Average bang
What's indicated by the black box containing the word 'New'?

It's next to every sub-forum on the Forums page, but never disappears even after I click into them.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Nice fresh modern look.
Hopefully the team follows suit...

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
The page links/boxes look a bit wrong on Firefox for me

Also posting this I noticed I can't click any of the links (bold, insert image etc) on the post editor. They're all greyed out and clicking them does nothing.

SuperiorXI

Nice. Well done guys, much more slick design. Took me by surprise... didn't think anything needed changing but I'm liking this. Anything different on desktop?

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
Also clicking thread links no longer takes me to the unread posts, just the first page.This was working not long ago.

Edit: Seems to be working at the mo.

ctp

You might want to hide the newbie tab in the home section from people who don't have access.

DoomSlayer

First of all. a big thank you to @Niall for his continuous efforts in making this forum a better experience.

The new design has potential but I have a few problems with it. On desktop version, there is too much space on the sides left and it kind of feels weird in an aesthetic sense. it looks as if you're supposed to zoom in to make it fit properly.

The phone version is also a bit hard on the eyes, nowhere near as slick as the previous one which is weird as this is supposed to be an upgrade. Also, I currently cannot enter the site from my phone and I get an error which says "This page isn't working; If the problem continues, contact the site owner; HTTP Error 400".

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I don't mean the report function for naughty posts. I generally edit posts prior to approving in the newbie approval queue.

@Niall
That's a good point Sults. I'll need to check that we can actually edit posts as that's very important.

Bratt

It already feels better than it did just a while ago, but I have a few issues.

I miss the page numbers at both the top and the bottom when you’re in the thread. It’s there when in landscape mode, but not in portrait mode, which I reckon is mostly used while browsing. Now it just shows previous- 5 of 6 -next

I also think it would be a good idea to not have the same background colour on the thing around the name of the poster and the quote in a post. Imo this makes the whole thread a little messy.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I'll take a look at the colour scheme and experiment with inverting the greys and whites so it's more like the old design. I can understand how it might feel quite bright to some people.

A separate darker theme is certainly much easier to introduce with the XenForo 2 improvements and it is on my list, but it may be a while.
Wait, there is grey on this page ? Looks all white to me.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I like the desktop version but mobile looks very disorienting and difficult to navigate for various reasons.

Skills

Snitch
Can we have a watched threads shortcut somewhere? In fact just swap it with "what's new" as that ones useless as you've got the homepages to show you exactly what's new.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Can we have a watched threads shortcut somewhere? In fact just swap it with "what's new" as that ones useless as you've got the homepages to show you exactly what's new.
Where was it on the old site? There's also a Watched tab on the homepage now.

Skills

Snitch
Where was it on the old site? There's also a Watched tab on the homepage now.
It was a bit weird on the last one, you had to click "recent threads" and then it would appear in the top bar.

Good call putting it as a tab now though, I just saw now that you pointed it out. Cheers

R'hllor

I'll take a look at the colour scheme and experiment with inverting the greys and whites so it's more like the old design. I can understand how it might feel quite bright to some people.

A separate darker theme is certainly much easier to introduce with the XenForo 2 improvements and it is on my list, but it may be a while.
Nice, the sooner the better, after X minutes it causes a tingle headache, at least in my case, dont wanna sound like a bitch about it, just saying.

Thank you again for the all the work.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Mobile browser: When signed in, tabs for forum, all, & general can be seen.
On homepage only All section is visible when offline. Is this on purpose? Makes navigating to different forum cumbersome.
Yes that's temporary. There's a bug preventing more tabs from being shown when not logged in.