Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Haven't read through the replies on this post, but the mobile version is not at all user friendly, threadmarks are difficult to find, using it on chrome android.
Yeah tend to agree. Loving the PC version, but the mobile one feels a bit clunky. I'm on Safari iOS.

Although one small thing, it'd be nice if the unread/read threads were a bit more clearly distinguished. Maybe I'm just getting old and blind, but it seems tougher now to see which threads have new posts than it used to be.

Last edited:

Grib

I'm having issues with not being able to add multiple quotes, has anyone a solution? I've tried clearing cache and cookies

Also is there an issue with the searching within threads function?

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
I've not gone through the 18 pages but has anyone mentioned the little arrow button that used to take you to the latest post of the thread? It's missing and I can't see how I can get to the last post of the thread.

red4ever 79

Had a couple of days to digest. The PC version of the site is very good. Good layout. The brightness needs to be turned down a bit on the wider page but I think this is being looked at. The mobile version is not so great in my opinion. I find it hard to get to where I want to go quickly. Too many gaps (spaces) in between posts. Huge adverts popping up that literally take up huge spaces. Dont ask me to send a screenshot, I dont know how :(

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
Yeah tend to agree. Loving the PC version, but the mobile one feels a bit clunky. I'm on Safari iOS.

Although one small thing, it'd be nice if the unread/read threads were a bit more clearly distinguished. Maybe I'm just getting old and blind, but it seems tougher now to see which threads have new posts than it used to be.
I agree. I know Niall has made a made a difference in bolding between the read and unread thead titles, but it could do with being a bit more, or even the read not being shown at all, on the 'watched' page at leaste?

Cina

I remember the jump to Xenforo at the time and it felt like a great leap forward at the time. Alerts were so useful and the real time aspects of clicking into names and writing posts etc. in contrast to everything opening on new pages on vBulletin was great, it just instantly made the whole experience of posting on the Caf much, much better.

But I don't see that with Xenforo 2 at all, like there's nothing I see right now when browsing the site that makes me think "oh cool, this is a great feature that i'll use loads", plus I don't think it looks as good as the previous site did. And as someone who's worked in web development you really should've prioritized mobile and then desktop lads because the difference quality in the two is quite big!

Still I'm a grumpy git and I'm sure I'll get used to it and forget all about the old site, and it's good to see you guys trying to use the latest software instead of sitting on your bumholes.

Basically.. what features am I missing that are the equivalent of alerts that I should be using right now?

podurban2

Can you perhaps make the forum of choice available when not logged in? I have to log in everytime I open safari just to see the football forum.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Can you perhaps make the forum of choice available when not logged in? I have to log in everytime I open safari just to see the football forum.
Not sure what you mean, can you clarify?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
And as someone who's worked in web development you really should've prioritized mobile and then desktop lads because the difference quality in the two is quite big!
Can you elaborate on that point a little? Where are you seeing the difference in quality?

Basically.. what features am I missing that are the equivalent of alerts that I should be using right now?
Do you mean you're not seeing notifications when you get a new alert / private conversation message? If so, that's been raised a few times and I will be looking into it.

RK

I've not gone through the 18 pages but has anyone mentioned the little arrow button that used to take you to the latest post of the thread? It's missing and I can't see how I can get to the last post of the thread.
Likewise.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I'm back at work so will be using this on desktop all day so you can be sure I'll report literally everything.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
Likewise.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned.
If you click on 'x minutes ago' you get to the last post in a thread. It's there but hidden in plain sight.

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
If you click on 'x minutes ago' you get to the last post in a thread. It's there but hidden in plain sight.
Not quite the same thing as you cannot do that when browsing the forum list only on thread lists in particular forums.

Cina

Can you elaborate on that point a little? Where are you seeing the difference in quality?

Do you mean you're not seeing notifications when you get a new alert / private conversation message? If so, that's been raised a few times and I will be looking into it.
Just the overall look and feel, and it seems a bit.. wonky on mobile? Like stuff slightly out of position, it also seems way easier to navigate in landscape mode and nobody uses landscape mode!

There's also a lot of white space even though I appreciate you've reduced some of that, it could definitely do with being more compact, and stuff like the quote and reply buttons are really light, small gray and just don't look right to me? Likewise the report, share buttons etc. are tiny yet there's all this white space in between posts, for me it looks a bit all over the place in that aspect. I think you just need to get the sizes of your fonts in sync better and get rid of more of that white space, mostly.

I do think the desktop site looks great though so if you can get a mobile version of that then great :D

And no I didn't mean that, I just mean .. what are the great new features? :lol: Xenforo gave great new features like alerts but I'm not seeing any of Xenforo 2 that makes me go "oh yeah this was worth the upgrade and massive adjustment in getting used to!" but tbf that's probably a lot to expect with an update vs an entirely new engine.

Ultimately Niall I pay good money to use this website and you should be using all your free time to make it work like I want it to!

Suv666

The keyboard is super laggy on chrome (Android). Scrolling is also not smooth at all.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
There's an option to go to the last unread part if that's any use?
On the white tabbed options under profile name it says Jump To New

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
There's an option to go to the last unread part if that's any use?
On the white tabbed options under profile name it says Jump To New
Unnecessary hoops in my opinion. Simple click last post. I say that as I normally frequent threads with hundreds of pages, otherwise it wouldn't be noticeable.

podurban2

Not sure what you mean, can you clarify?
When I am not logged in, the black banner with the various forums; ”all”, ”football”, ”general” only displays ”all”. I have to log in to see the other options.

Hope that explains it!

peridigm

Click the time of the last post.

When not logged in, the latest posts page only shows All. The old site showed latest posts links to each forum group. Is that coming back?

peridigm

When I am not logged in, the black banner with the various forums; ”all”, ”football”, ”general” only displays ”all”. I have to log in to see the other options.

Hope that explains it!
This is what I'm referring too above. Your post was before mine because I struggled to use my words. :lol:

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I don't like it at all, but I am not sure if it's the entire concept or just the theme that's annoying. I think if you can try it with the last theme we had it would be much better.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Does the search engine works? I tried to use it but it sent me to the "access denied" page.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm having issues with not being able to add multiple quotes, has anyone a solution? I've tried clearing cache and cookies
This has been acting up for quite a while now, it's on the list to fix.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Random one (that may have already been answered) but is there a reason - on the Members Online list - why some people are in red and some are in grey? Random and totally inconsequential, but i'm curious...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Random one (that may have already been answered) but is there a reason - on the Members Online list - why some people are in red and some are in grey? Random and totally inconsequential, but i'm curious...
They are still not sure those in green are United fans.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
First time I've got access to the desktop site today, wasn't too keen at first but it's growing on me. Still not overly keen on the logo though.

I agree with @Cina regards the mobile site, I find it very difficult to navigate and as somebody who posts mainly from mobile it is slightly frustrating.

That said I'll no doubt be used to it in a week.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I'm working on changing the thread lists (homepage, forum index) to look like this on mobile.

Still a work in progress but better or not?

Ultimate Grib

Supports
LA Galaxy
The last post timestamp works from the forum index for me, are you logged in?
Logged on and on mobile, I can see the timestamp of when last message was posted in the forum index but cannot click it. Also a return of the little arrow is appreciated as was easier to navigate and aim for.

Dante

Average bang
Red coloured
I'm Keyser Soze
looks too much like a hyperlink (SPOILER).

Is there any way of making it easier for users to differentiate between the two?

Last edited: