Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
It's working fine now but couldn't access after Greenwood scored earlier.
What happened when you couldn't access the site? What kind of error were you seeing? A site themed error or a broswer "could not connect" style error?

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
What happened when you couldn't access the site? What kind of error were you seeing? A site themed error or a broswer "could not connect" style error?
I think it was couldn't connect. Worked fine when I used another app.

Edit: it says "page not working" and "error 400".

Last edited:

Dante

Average bang
I see @Adanehi listed on the main page as the latest new member. But it's been that way for weeks. Have we really not had any new members since him/her?

Is this a bug, or have registrations been switched off?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean the main forum page: https://www.redcafe.net/forums/

Last edited:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I see @Adanehi listed on the main page as the latest new member. But it's been that way for weeks. Have we really not had any new members since him/her?

Is this a bug, or have registrations been switched off?

EDIT: To clarify, I mean the main forum page: https://www.redcafe.net/forums/

Just logged out and had a look

Oops! We ran into some problems.
New registrations are currently not being accepted.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
So it worked fine yesterday using chrome on my phone but today I have the same issues. Page not working, contact adm.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
So it worked fine yesterday using chrome on my phone but today I have the same issues. Page not working, contact adm.
Try clearing cookies for this site and see if that helps.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
I miss having the delete/save post when on the phone. As it is currently I have to view as if I was on pc in order to delete half-finished posts I don't want to make.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I miss having the delete/save post when on the phone. As it is currently I have to view as if I was on pc in order to delete half-finished posts I don't want to make.
Behold the button is now available on mobile :)

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I've noticed since a few days that the anchorlink (is that the term?) to the newest unread comments doesn't seem to always work smoothly. Sometimes it jumps to a few comments above, which you've already read.

Maybe I'm not explaining it well.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
I've noticed since a few days that the anchorlink (is that the term?) to the newest unread comments doesn't seem to always work smoothly. Sometimes it jumps to a few comments above, which you've already read.

I know what you mean. I think it's if some of the posts on the page have something in them, like a video or embedded Tweet, you'll be taken to the post you're supposed to, but then the video or Tweet will load afterwards making the post bigger, and therefore making the page longer, so you're not at the right post anymore.

I may have phrased that terribly :lol:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I know what you mean. I think it's if some of the posts on the page have something in them, like a video or embedded Tweet, you'll be taken to the post you're supposed to, but then the video or Tweet will load afterwards making the post bigger, and therefore making the page longer, so you're not at the right post anymore.

That actually makes total sense. It’s bloody annoying!

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Oh wow, I think this may be it actually.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

I've been meaning to post the same, but couldn't figure out how to word it.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I can make one post fine, but then the site seems to sit in a refresh, with yellow lines whisking across the top of the screen, not allowing another post.

I have to go into another website, then back into here, if I want to post again!

Any ideas!?

The pro is that with this new version I don't have to sign back in every single time I come to the forum, on phone or laptop.
But this is probably more annoying than that!

SATA

Mods/Admin, why can’t i use the CAF smileys in my posts? Am using safari on. Every option up there is greyed out for me.

Thanks.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I feel like I don't always get notified when someone replies to my post.

I just went into a thread, which was subsequently locked, and noticed that my post was quoted several times but never got any notifications.
Yeah, I think I experienced it few times too. Being elite poster, people like to quote you and I wanna check which posters to ignore and not reply.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I feel like I don't always get notified when someone replies to my post.

I just went into a thread, which was subsequently locked, and noticed that my post was quoted several times but never got any notifications.
Yeah, I think I experienced it few times too. Being elite poster, people like to quote you and I wanna check which posters to ignore and not reply.
Same thing with me too.
Very often this is because people add the tag as part of an edit which doesn't send an alert. This is as designed in XenForo (although I'm not sure why).

If alerts weren't working properly then I'm sure it would have been noticed by the XenForo developers by now. So unless somebody can come up with a consistently reproducible example of alerts not working, I don't think there's much that can be done here.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Very often this is because people add the tag as part of an edit which doesn't send an alert. This is as designed in XenForo (although I'm not sure why).

If alerts weren't working properly then I'm sure it would have been noticed by the XenForo developers by now. So unless somebody can come up with a consistently reproducible example of alerts not working, I don't think there's much that can be done here.
If you're in a thread and someone quotes you in that thread you don't get a notification.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@Niall while trying to post in Young to Milan thread, i got error message. Was using Chrome in android phone.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
How are search results organised? It used to be newest result first... but now it just seems random?