Welcome to the new XenForo 2 site

RK

Is anyone able to take a video of their screen and share it?

@RK @unchanged_lineup @mazhar13
Weirdly I've had no problems with it today.
In case the specific advert matters I've definitely had problems with Oscar-Wylee (glasses) but can't remember if it's only been that one.

Ironic actually, just made the connection. Conspiracy theory - they add some invisible overlay to the advert, making the user feel a greater need for glasses?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Weirdly I've had no problems with it today.
In case the specific advert matters I've definitely had problems with Oscar-Wylee (glasses) but can't remember if it's only been that one.

Ironic actually, just made the connection. Conspiracy theory - they add some invisible overlay to the advert, making the user feel a greater need for glasses?
Ok that would make sense that it's a specific ad doing something weird. If you see it again can you please take a screenshot of the ad and PM it to me?

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Just a quick one @Niall, a couple of times yesterday I went to post a reply in the UK General Election Thread and it informed me I was bumping an old thread. Only happened a couple of times and it hasn't happened today so far, but can you fecking sort it please.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Just a quick one @Niall, a couple of times yesterday I went to post a reply in the UK General Election Thread and it informed me I was bumping an old thread. Only happened a couple of times and it hasn't happened today so far, but can you fecking sort it please.
I was making changes to that which might have caused that. If it comes back, let me know.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall this happens regularly when I refresh the forum (Chrome).
What do you mean by refresh the forum? That looks like the homepage list of recently active General threads. What triggers this? When you click on the "General" tab or when you load the homepage from scratch?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Search isn't working properly for me. The first page loads fine but clicking Next or 2nd page gives an "Oops.. go to the main page etc"

NYAS

The two main issues for me are not being able to see the thread starter on the homepage on my phone, and selecting a page number within a thread. Two very irritating issues but I’ve basically gotten used to the rest.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Search isn't working properly for me. The first page loads fine but clicking Next or 2nd page gives an "Oops.. go to the main page etc"
Odd, I haven't come across that. What are you searching for?

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The two main issues for me are not being able to see the thread starter on the homepage on my phone, and selecting a page number within a thread. Two very irritating issues but I’ve basically gotten used to the rest.
I can understand the frustration with both of those. I'll look into it.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
The thread starter name is now visible on the homepage thread lists, but I've removed the last 3 page pagination links. There's not enough for all of it without getting very crowded or each row very tall. This is now exactly as it was on the old XenForo 1 site.

...I await the complaints from those who want the pagination links back... :rolleyes:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
The thread starter name is now visible on the homepage thread lists, but I've removed the last 3 page pagination links. There's not enough for all of it without getting very crowded or each row very tall. This is now exactly as it was on the old XenForo 1 site.

...I await the complaints from those who want the pagination links back... :rolleyes:
This is miles better - thanks Niall!

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
I've updated the pagination links on mobile to match the old XF1 site. There are now links to the previous 2 and next 2 pages in the list of links. This makes the list of pagination links quite a bit larger so I've had to compact it a little on mobile, including removing the "Prev" button. I reckon that won't be missed much.

Let me know if this is better and whether it's not too fiddly to use.

NYAS

I've updated the pagination links on mobile to match the old XF1 site. There are now links to the previous 2 and next 2 pages in the list of links. This makes the list of pagination links quite a bit larger so I've had to compact it a little on mobile, including removing the "Prev" button. I reckon that won't be missed much.

Brilliant! Couldn’t have asked for better in terms of both changes. I feel it’s much easier to use the site now.

Thanks for this and I hope you don’t change it back! :lol:

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
@Niall has the 'previous' button been removed permanently? That was very useful during page navigation

Edit: okay just went through the posts above. I kind of started liking that button for navigation but let's see

Sjaakmeoff

Hi,
Is it possible to change the search function? Standard is 'most relevant'. I think most people search for 'latest'.

Don't know if someone mentioned this before. I would check it, but the search option sucks. ;)

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
Hi,
Is it possible to change the search function? Standard is 'most relevant'. I think most people search for 'latest'.

Don't know if someone mentioned this before. I would check it, but the search option sucks. ;)
I've tweaked the search settings so that more recent posts should be weighted more heavily, let me know if that is an improvement. I believe relevance has been the default search order for some time now going back to the XenForo 1 site.

The advanced search page allows you to explicitly order by date.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
And then for UI improvements there's still the replace 'Members Online' that you follow's avatars with names, and the name of who was the last person to reply to a conversation message in the conversation dropdown next to the last reply date/time.
This is finally done :) Well the Members Online follow list anyway, as well as the "Find Member" search form results.

Can you clarify the last one about the last person to reply to a conversation message? I'm not sure where that is.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
This is finally done :) Well the Members Online follow list anyway, as well as the "Find Member" search form results.

Can you clarify the last one about the last person to reply to a conversation message? I'm not sure where that is.
Thanks.

On Xenforo 1 it would say something like "Olly Gunnar Solskjaer replied 1 minute ago" where the box is. Can't remember the exact text but it definitely had the username and date/time of last reply.

The Firestarter

Tapping on the tabs (Football, General, etc) in the front page causes a "Oops we ran into some problems " screen. (droid/chrome)

stu_1992

This is the best change since the move, was my only real complaint. Works perfectly now, thanks!

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
@Niall don't know if it's possible but just wanted to ask if the 'prev' could be available for threads when there are only 2-3 pages? Because the click region becomes very small particularly on mobile.

Also a lot of times I miss the click on the button that says 'x mintues ago' or 'y seconds ago' on the forum index page. I feel that the touch region should be enlarged a little bit for those clicks too. This is all on android mind.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
If it possible to make the usernames listed under a conversation to be clickable to their profile?

Before I'd be able to click one of the usernames and it'd show their profile, now no matter what's clicked it just loads the conversation. It's not a big thing thought, just a bit of an annoyance really.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
@Niall

I tried to create this thread from mobile (android, used Chrome), got error message. Tried 3 times, then created from laptop.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
@Niall

I tried to create this thread from mobile (android, used Chrome), got error message. Tried 3 times, then created from laptop.
Yeah something about the tweets you embedded triggered the security filters. Odd that it worked on your laptop though. If it happens again please let me know.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah something about the tweets you embedded triggered the security filters. Odd that it worked on your laptop though. If it happens again please let me know.
:nervous:

Yeah, will let you know. Maybe caf assumed "Ancelotti to Everton" is a troll post.

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
:nervous:

Yeah, will let you know. Maybe caf assumed "Ancelotti to Everton" is a troll post.
Well I installed Son of Anton to monitor all posts so I guess it's learning at an exponential rate :D

Niall

All Powerful Super Being
Staff
On droid/chrome the new notification numbers on the bell icon are often missing.
Missing as in you have no alert / conversation showing at all in the drop down or the little number icon doesn’t show when you do have something new?

The Firestarter

Missing as in you have no alert / conversation showing at all in the drop down or the little number icon doesn’t show when you do have something new?
The second one - no little number icon. Otherwise , the contents of the dropdown is correct.